Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Huge Carrie Follower cuisnumber1's Avatar

Carrie Underwood: I will still make music

My apologies if this was already posted awhile back....I have never seen it so I thought I'd share in case some others haven't...I can't help but laugh knowing she's talking about us and the fan club.

Carrie Underwood: I will still make music - Yahoo!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Thanks!! I had not seen that one!

Concert Stars
    new article to me...thanks!

Concert Stars
    New to me. Thanks so much for posting.
    It actually does help me alot when I hear Carrie say directly "Chill out fans, I am working and moving forward. An album is done when "it's" ready".
    Love that and believe it whole heartedly.
    Thats for posting this as it quells my anciousness as well.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This so why Carrie is so close to her fans she keeps us updated on what going on in her life

wahoo!! good to hear! thanks for the article.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Well honestly Carrie needs to do something and make more music. We will get a duet in May but what aboring year from carrie.

Concert Stars
    I will get killed for saying this but I am thinking this thing about taking every other year off to do an album and taking a year to do it in, is a little bit destructive when her career is so new really (and it really is comparatively). I mean don't people do that that have been doing this 20 years??!! Just a thought. I mean, can't albums be done in shorter timeframes and partly when on the road, etc. Isn't that what most the big top artists are doing??? If you think about it, after this whole year of being off, she will have been off almost as much as the time she has been working. Wasn't CR and PO a year to make and now the next album?? That is how I remember if and if so, that is 3 years off, except for special appearances. And not sure I agree with her attitude about it never being any hurry. Oh well, just my thoughts but does not mean I am an expert on this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    My thoughts are that while people that release albums every year may always be in the public eye, they tend to burn out faster and their CD's run together. For me personally I don't like how Reba released another album only a year after Keep on Loving You, because I believe that down the road, may it be 5 years or ten years from now, some one won't recognize it because it isn't as memorable. I've enjoyed Carries every other year plan.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    My thoughts are that while people that release albums every year may always be in the public eye, they tend to burn out faster and their CD's run together. For me personally I don't like how Reba released another album only a year after Keep on Loving You, because I believe that down the road, may it be 5 years or ten years from now, some one won't recognize it because it isn't as memorable. I've enjoyed Carries every other year plan.
    Yeah, but she is almost forgetten it seems in that year. She is out of site out of mind so she does not get recognized with the awards because I think it gets so confusing to all voting. But, she does not appear to worry about that stuff so guess I should not. Anyway, I knew it might not be the opinion of all but to me is a little different or something.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    In terms of awards you are absolutely right and make a very fair point. No new music usually means no major awards for that year(unless you're riding the success of a smash single like NYN or THTBM). For me, I personally care more about the longevity in the business and Carrie being happy with the final product. Hopefully the right moves will be made during this era, whether singles or general promotion, to push Carrie back into a winning more awards.

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    I will get killed for saying this but I am thinking this thing about taking every other year off to do an album and taking a year to do it in, is a little bit destructive when her career is so new really (and it really is comparatively). I mean don't people do that that have been doing this 20 years??!! Just a thought. I mean, can't albums be done in shorter timeframes and partly when on the road, etc. Isn't that what most the big top artists are doing??? If you think about it, after this whole year of being off, she will have been off almost as much as the time she has been working. Wasn't CR and PO a year to make and now the next album?? That is how I remember if and if so, that is 3 years off, except for special appearances. And not sure I agree with her attitude about it never being any hurry. Oh well, just my thoughts but does not mean I am an expert on this.
    i'll agree and disagree with what you said. I know of many artists who take longer than Carrie does in terms of coming up with new albums. On the other hand, you are right that albums can be done in a shorter time frame and a lot of songwriting can be done on the road. In the end it's all about the artist preference and how fast they want things to move. I really don't think Carrie takes a long time to make an album.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    New to me. Thanks so much for posting.
    It actually does help me alot when I hear Carrie say directly "Chill out fans, I am working and moving forward. An album is done when "it's" ready".
    Love that and believe it whole heartedly.
    Thats for posting this as it quells my anciousness as well.
    I LOVED what she said and was very, very proud of her for saying what she did, I think she is getting a little annyoed with the constant "Carrie has to do this or Carrie needs to do that and she needed to do it yesterday" that goes on from some of her fans.

Personally she can take off as much time off as she wants as far as I am concerned, she did after all pretty much spend the first six months of he marriage out on the road entertaining the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I LOVED what she said and was very, very proud of her for saying what she did, I think she is getting a little annyoed with the constant "Carrie has to do this or Carrie needs to do that and she needed to do it yesterday" that goes on from some of her fans.

Personally she can take off as much time off as she wants as far as I am concerned, she did after all pretty much spend the first six months of he marriage out on the road entertaining the fans.
    But really, how is that all that different from regular people spending the first six months of their marriage working and traveling for their jobs? And I'm going to take a wild guess that most newlyweds don't get quite such a luxurious honeymoon.

Carrie works her butt off, no doubt. But she is doing things that she loves. If she didn't love playing concerts for her fans, she wouldn't schedule 100+ shows in a year to do.

That said, I think it's just Carrie's style that she likes to focus on one thing at a time. Craig Morgan had said he was trying to teach Carrie how to write on the road, so that when she wasn't on the road she could simply enjoy her time off with her family. But it seems Carrie prefers to focus on touring while she's on the road, and focus on songwriting when she's at home. I think her 2-year album cycles are good timing and they make each project stand out from one another.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    But really, how is that all that different from regular people spending the first six months of their marriage working and traveling for their jobs? And I'm going to take a wild guess that most newlyweds don't get quite such a luxurious honeymoon.

Carrie works her butt off, no doubt. But she is doing things that she loves. If she didn't love playing concerts for her fans, she wouldn't schedule 100+ shows in a year to do.

That said, I think it's just Carrie's style that she likes to focus on one thing at a time. Craig Morgan had said he was trying to teach Carrie how to write on the road, so that when she wasn't on the road she could simply enjoy her time off with her family. But it seems Carrie prefers to focus on touring while she's on the road, and focus on songwriting when she's at home. I think her 2-year album cycles are good timing and they make each project stand out from one another.
    Even if someone is newly married and has a job that requires them to go out of town, when that person does come back home their spouse is usually going to be there and not only not in a different city but a different country as in Carrie's case.

People need to give the girl a break about having to be at every awards show and having to have new music sooner than later, the sooner people realize that Carrie isn't the same Carrie that she was prior to July 10th of last year the better things are going to go for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post

I don't think JB172 said anything about Carrie seeing the tour dates as something unpleasant that she needed to do? She worked her butt off, so I don't see what's wrong in saying she's earned her rest days and work on the album at her own pace. After all, it is HER album.

Just because other newlyweds travel for jobs as well, doesn't mean it's something easy to cope for a marriage. You have to remember that even BEFORE the wedding, Carrie and Mike were already finding hard to squeeze in time to see each other.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    I tend to follow your thinking. I guess each artist is different though in that some can write here and there while on road while Carrie tends to like focusing on just touring while on tour. Maybe carrie writes better when she's relaxed and doesn't have much on the table as when constantly on the go.
    People like Lady Gaga or even SWSRN seem to be able to focus entirely on their music hardly taking a break at all and has huge tour dates all the time writing/recording randomly here and there while others like beyonce or carrie likes to take off from touring and public eye and work solely on album while taking the time to be there for their loved ones-which I have no problem with :-)
    It would be nice if Carrie were still touring and all over the place (various awards shows...etc.) but I'm fine with how it's going now. Carrie now has more and different priorities in life now and has someone else to keep her busy and be center of attention than just her career.
    I just want her to be happy and work at her own pace. when she's done she's done and she never disappoints so I'm really looking forward to that
    plus even when Carrie isn't active in the music world-she's still pretty much everywhere so I can be content with soaking in Soul Surfer and the Duet for the next half year or so.... well I'll try at least
    This is just the calm before the storm

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I don't think JB172 said anything about Carrie seeing the tour dates as something unpleasant that she needed to do? She worked her butt off, so I don't see what's wrong in saying she's earned her rest days and work on the album at her own pace. After all, it is HER album.

Just because other newlyweds travel for jobs as well, doesn't mean it's something easy to cope for a marriage. You have to remember that even BEFORE the wedding, Carrie and Mike were already finding hard to squeeze in time to see each other.
    Thank you.

When did I say it was easy for them? I never did, but I don't think it was nearly as hard as some of you make it sound. Even Carrie has said numerous times that her and Mike were able to see each other much more often than people were aware of. And now that they're both in Nashville it will be even better.

Of course Carrie's life is going to change drastically once she's married. No one is claiming otherwise. But that doesn't mean she can't have both a marriage and a career, especially since they're not planning on having kids anytime soon. In terms of having time off and being able to spend time with loved ones, it's kind of hard for me to feel sorry for people who have millions of dollars and are able to travel to see each other on a regular basis, when there's people in my family who I get to see maybe once a year if I'm lucky because I can't afford to travel across the country all the time (nor can I take that much time off work). None of this is meant to imply that Carrie doesn't deserve a break. After being on the road most of last year, she certainly does. But she pretty much took all of January and February off. That's a lot of time. Most people don't get to take 2 months off of their jobs every year. So I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for fans to want to know what's going to be happening this year. Do people get a little out of hand with it sometimes? Yes, but not everyone.

All this said, if you re-read my original post I said that I do agree with the way Carrie handles her album cycles. As great as it would be to get new music every year, I like the 2-year cycles because it makes each project distinct from one another. So I have no problem with Carrie taking most of this year away from the spotlight to focus on working on the album and spending time with Mike. But if we've learned anything in the past few months at CF, it's that us fans do not function well if we have no clue what's going on. So if we're kept in the dark, you better bet there's going to be speculation and worrying.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ well celebs or superstars like carrie has a whioe lot of pressure and a whole lot to juggle that comes with being famous.
    it's no wonder most celebs burn out and the divorce rate is as common as the air they breathe.
    I for one am happy that carrie is making Mike a priority and going to as many games as possible and just being there for him and not being this "carrie underwood" but carrie fisher-his WIFE. (and as she says sometimes the "maid" haha) I understand how hard it is more for her because when she's touring she CAN'T see him -probably not for months unlike people like us who go to work and come back home. she basically doesn't have a home when she's touring so she's probably trying to soak in as much of a "normal" life and marriage while she can afford to.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast