Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm so confused right now. I'm not arguing that Carrie and Mike don't deserve to spend time with each other. Why on earth would I say that? I'm just saying that I understand why people want to know more about what the plans are for this year.

Which is why it's great to hear about things like this article, with Carrie saying she's working hard on the album and it will come together when it's ready. And having new co-writes and info about the writers retreat coming in certainly helps quell our anticipation.

Concert Stars
    I like her thinking on the album making process, when it's complete, it's complete. Kind of disagree on her songwriting process, I would think the best songs come from momentary inspiration more so then planned writing sessions. I don't really have any facts to support that just personally for me it is so much harder to say I am going to sit down and write a song at a certain time then getting inspired to write one and then going and doing it. But I guess everyone is different.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm so glad Carrie spoke up about this; people need to chill out and let her have some space.

I do wish we were hearing a little more from Carrie, but we will have lots of new projects soon enough. I would rather that Carrie take as much time as she needs between albums and tours, so she can give us the best version of herself when she's ready.

Every artist works at a different pace, and I think that should be respected. It's Carrie's career and her life; everything she does is her choice.

I think it's downright disrespectful for anyone to imply that "Carrie needs to do this, or Carrie needs to do that, within this amount of time."

Let her rest & enjoy what she's already given us. She has more to worry about than awards and making music as soon as possible.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CUFan7 View Post
    I like her thinking on the album making process, when it's complete, it's complete. Kind of disagree on her songwriting process, I would think the best songs come from momentary inspiration more so then planned writing sessions. I don't really have any facts to support that just personally for me it is so much harder to say I am going to sit down and write a song at a certain time then getting inspired to write one and then going and doing it. But I guess everyone is different.
    well just because they sit down to write at a certain time doesnt mean their thoughts arent inspired
    Carrie has said herself that she thinks of stuff and then writes it down...that way when she goes into the writing room she has this idea(inspiration) to go off of
    Thats what happened with TH
    Carrie went in with the idea and boom...temporary home

Ty
    Eh. I don't think it really matters. Good songs can be written either way.

I think Carrie did once say that she keeps a notebook with her to write down ideas when they come to her, but she doesn't necessarily write the song right then and there.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    New to me. Thanks so much for posting.
    It actually does help me alot when I hear Carrie say directly "Chill out fans, I am working and moving forward. An album is done when "it's" ready".
    Love that and believe it whole heartedly.
    Thats for posting this as it quells my anciousness as well.
    It helps me too. lol All the conspiracy theories I had going started to fight with each other. lol Kidding

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I'm so glad Carrie spoke up about this; people need to chill out and let her have some space.

I do wish we were hearing a little more from Carrie, but we will have lots of new projects soon enough. I would rather that Carrie take as much time as she needs between albums and tours, so she can give us the best version of herself when she's ready.

Every artist works at a different pace, and I think that should be respected. It's Carrie's career and her life; everything she does is her choice.

I think it's downright disrespectful for anyone to imply that "Carrie needs to do this, or Carrie needs to do that, within this amount of time."

Let her rest & enjoy what she's already given us. She has more to worry about than awards and making music as soon as possible.
    True. But this is a cutthroat market. So I just worry that taking too much time off could hurt her. Out of sight is definitely out of mind in this business. The other country stars tour almost every single year without fail-- but they tour significantly less then Carrie does when she has her big tour. But the advantage to them--- is that it gives them time to work on their albums, and they can release them much sooner, keeping their fans happy and their buzz/momentum going.

I just also do not like winter or spring album releases as they rarely sell as much as Fall/Holiday Season releases. Plus you lose the CMA and AMA performances to promote the album.

So timing of a release is very very important in terms of promo, sales, and buzz. If you have mediocre first week sales, you lose buzz just for that reason. Strong opening weeks usually help the artist create buzz for the album, which helps sustain sales.

Most of Carrie's album sales tend to come in the Xmas holiday shopping season, and then she falls off in January like everyone else.

I just hope they release it Late Fall 2011, to take advantage of the holiday sales, CMAS, etc. Otherwise, her numbers could be disappointing.

Unfortunately this is still a business and they have to make money.

Sales and buzz decrease for artists who have been around for awhile. Carrie's not new anymore, so her sales are going to reflect that (regardless of when the album is released). I'd much rather have Carrie wait to put together the perfect album than releasing it in November just to keep the "pattern" going.

Concert Stars
    I think both methods could work-- but I would love to see Carrie take a risk and write a whole song by herself, just to try it. She doesn't have to put it on the album. But I think if she got inspired to write something by herself while on the road touring (like alot of singers do)--- she could someday finetune her skills to the point that she writes something really really special, all by herself.

I do think writing on the road sounds kind of nice as it is the traditional way many artists do it---- but I understand that sometimes, you might be too dang tired to write, or too distracted to be creative, etc.
    So it is a crap shoot I guess.

Inspriration comes when it comes,. I guess. lol It could be in the grocery store even. lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOG1001 View Post
    Sales and buzz decrease for artists who have been around for awhile. Carrie's not new anymore, so her sales are going to reflect that (regardless of when the album is released). I'd much rather have Carrie wait to put together the perfect album than releasing it in November just to keep the "pattern" going.
    True-- I expect her albums to keep selling less for the reasons you said. But you still have to fight to sell as much as possible, especially in this declining market. Just because Carrie is a superstar, does not mean she doesn't still have pressure to sell alot of albums. Look at the Billboard awards? Sadly, Carrie didn't get a single nomination, which is kind of sad.

Carrie is not past her prime yet or old news yet. She is not in her 40s (which is still young- but not really the peak of your career anymore). She is not a Mom like Martina and Faith or Sara Evans who can take years off between albums because it really doesn't matter at this point. They are all amazing artists, but they have all peaked. So the pressure is off for them.

Carrie is only 28 and still on top of her game....still growing as an artist and a touring artist too. So this is not the time for her to take years off like Martina and Faith. That is for when you are officially past your peak, which Carrie is not. I am of the school that you have to strike while the iron is hot. Once you are no longer HOT, you can slow down and do whatever you want. But very few artists take years off when they are in their prime. They save that for after they are old news. lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

Totally agree and I think that the fact that Paisley was being brought into it to with the duet was the last straw, Carrie decided to say something about it and good for her in doing so.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    True-- I expect her albums to keep selling less for the reasons you said. But you still have to fight to sell as much as possible, especially in this declining market. Just because Carrie is a superstar, does not mean she doesn't still have pressure to sell alot of albums. Look at the Billboard awards? Sadly, Carrie didn't get a single nomination, which is kind of sad.

Carrie is not past her prime yet or old news yet. She is not in her 40s (which is still young- but not really the peak of your career anymore). She is not a Mom like Martina and Faith or Sara Evans who can take years off between albums because it really doesn't matter at this point. They are all amazing artists, but they have all peaked. So the pressure is off for them.

Carrie is only 28 and still on top of her game....still growing as an artist and a touring artist too. So this is not the time for her to take years off like Martina and Faith. That is for when you are officially past your peak, which Carrie is not. I am of the school that you have to strike while the iron is hot. Once you are no longer HOT, you can slow down and do whatever you want. But very few artists take years off when they are in their prime. They save that for after they are old news. lol

So true, but remember, Carrie's been basically going nonstop since early 2005. Touring, recording, touring, recording. The girl finally gets married, and we have to
    let her have her time with good old Mike. I think she'll come back strong with the duet and her new cd in the fall. We'll all look back and wonder, like we always do,
    why all the worry. Things always seem to work out for Carrie, and HE'S always been there for her. No doubt, this year won't be any different.

Concert Stars
    ^ good point. Thank Goodness for the Duet! lol Otherwise, we might be in for a long hall. lol

I cannot wait to hear the song!

The video needs to be steamy and hot too! But I bet Brad and Carrie will feel too silly to kiss- lol. So they may need actors.

Concert Stars
    Carrie's song writing is totally based on collaboration. She has not yet acquired the skills to write a song on her own and she may, or may not ever, reach that point. Not all artists have these skills. That is why she probably does little more than jot down ideas when she is on the road. I suspect that she is good at lyrics and basic themes but not so good at the melody/musical score. As long as this is the case, it will take longer to write. Writing, for her, requires meetings, camps, retreats to accomplish much. Whenever she is occupied with something else, progress is pretty much stopped.

Sometimes, I wish she would not focus so much on being the writer and just go after the best songs available and put her vocal skill to work on making them even better. I realize there is more glory in being the writer but the greatest bang is a blow you away song, There is no doubt that she has co-written some good songs but what are we missing in other potential songs. She did not co-write SWISLY and I wonder if that is the reason it was never released. Miranda did not write THTBM.

One thing this interview suggests is that she is probably in control. I suspect the label will push her for a holiday release for business reasons but if she is not ready, it may not happen.

Concert Stars
    ^ true cyberzoney. I absolutely loved SWISLY and Wasted, etc-- those songs were 2 of the best of her career and she didn't write them-- but that is ok.

I do love her cowrites too and I am glad she is writing alot. I think she has alot of potential as a writer....but I think she should try to write a song by herself-- even if she never shows it to anyone or releases it-- just to try it out. You never know until you try.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzoney View Post
    Carrie's song writing is totally based on collaboration. She has not yet acquired the skills to write a song on her own and she may, or may not ever, reach that point. Not all artists have these skills. That is why she probably does little more than jot down ideas when she is on the road. I suspect that she is good at lyrics and basic themes but not so good at the melody/musical score. As long as this is the case, it will take longer to write. Writing, for her, requires meetings, camps, retreats to accomplish much. Whenever she is occupied with something else, progress is pretty much stopped.

Sometimes, I wish she would not focus so much on being the writer and just go after the best songs available and put her vocal skill to work on making them even better. I realize there is more glory in being the writer but the greatest bang is a blow you away song, There is no doubt that she has co-written some good songs but what are we missing in other potential songs. She did not co-write SWISLY and I wonder if that is the reason it was never released. Miranda did not write THTBM.

One thing this interview suggests is that she is probably in control. I suspect the label will push her for a holiday release for business reasons but if she is not ready, it may not happen.
    totally. just look at some of the most highly respected and most successful artists like celine dion or garth brook, faith hill,and even reba (-I think she writes a BIT now but before she hardly ever did if I recall correctly).
    their GREATEST HITS were penned by the best writers and some were even covers!!!
    celine dion cover-if you asked me to, My Heart will go On, Because you love me;
    Faith hill-breathe, cry, wild one
    Reba cover- "fancy", "does he love you"
    ^ All which will go down in history as one of the best of the bests songs.
    Carrie's greatest hits as of now is "Jesus Take the Wheel" and "Before He Cheats".
    What has become miranda's career defining song had been "HTBM", a song she had absolutely no part of and was originally given to blake to sing.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I saw this in an article somewhere, but i forgot where. It was very simple, but true.

"Sometimes singers just want to sing." I actually like Tee's idea of just testing the waters and writing a song on her own. There is no pressure for it being on the album, I actually think that if should took her time with it she might actually come up with something brilliant. She was a Journalism major after all.

Concert Stars
    All I care about is Carrie making music I can enjoy.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

Carrie is only 28 and still on top of her game....still growing as an artist and a touring artist too. So this is not the time for her to take years off like Martina and Faith. That is for when you are officially past your peak, which Carrie is not. I am of the school that you have to strike while the iron is hot. Once you are no longer HOT, you can slow down and do whatever you want. But very few artists take years off when they are in their prime. They save that for after they are old news. lo
    l
    The one exception here is Shania she walked away while still in her prime reading many of these posts and it reminds me alot of Shania's fans and there concerns of her taking to much time off among other things.Luckily for us Carrie hasn't done the Shania dance saying she is making new music and it never unfolds we are fortunate that Carrie keeps up with her fans and keeps her word.Sara more or less had no choice she won her first female vocalist award and then everything around her came crashing down with her marriage so while Shania chose to walk away Sara had to for personal reasons not because she wanted to.

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast