Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
  1. #1
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    24,230

    Nigel Lythgoe Says Pia Toscano's Elimination Was Fair and Square (Carrie Mentioned)

    Nigel Lythgoe Says Pia Toscano's Idol Elimination Was Fair and Square

    .
    .
    .

    Nigel also went on to explain why viewers will never know the exact number of votes each contestant receives. "Let's take the Carrie Underwood season. Carrie Underwood won every single week," he said. "You show the vote and the show is over. There's no jeopardy if you're watching somebody win every single week."
    Source: Nigel Lythgoe Says Pia Toscano's Idol Elimination Was Fair and Square - E! Online

  • #2
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Have they ever released the info on how much Carrie was winning every week?

  • #3
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    24,230
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Have they ever released the info on how much Carrie was winning every week?
    They have never given specific numbers for any of the weekly vote. But Nigel did say that the final vote between Carrie and Bo really wasn't close.

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Nigel should stop commenting while he's ahead. I know he's stating a fact, but the way he's doing it is so wrong. Pia has already been through a lot; he needs to stop talking, and coming off like such an a$$.
    Pia has been so classy and gracious towards everyone (including Idol) throughout this whole thing; she doesn't deserve this.

  • #5
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Part of the reason he may feel the need to respond is that people are actually giving credible argument to the way the voting system works.
    And instead of addressing that directly he is just commenting on the obvious, which I agree does not make Pia or her fans feel any better.
    But it sure does make a Carrie fan like me (who feels like Carrie has been unnecessarily drug into this) happy to know that Carrie did not just win, but she securely dominated.
    But he is right about one thing. I suddenly feel like I was wasting my time voting if she was winning by so much.
    But that is the problem (and that is the jepardy) you have to vote cause you don't know how others are voting.
    That is why Pia left. Not enough people voted for her.
    I mean more people voted for Haley and I doubt that was a lot of teenyboppers.

  • #6
    lab
    lab is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,487

    I am a fan of "Pia Toscano" and in American Idol thread Pia is always my NUMBER ONE and I thought that Pia will be the next Carrie Underwood in the "POP MUSIC WORLD". But, I LEARNED TO ACCEPT "THE FACT", that, "Pia Toscano" DOES NOT HAVE the "IT" factor of Carrie. Pia DOES NOT HAVE that "SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT CARRIE". Pia DOES NOT HAVE that "FRESH OF BREATH AIR OF CARRIE". This is " NOT JUST ABOUT EXTRAORDINARY NATURAL TALENT" and "NOT JUST ABOUT ELEGANT AND GORGEOUS FACE" that "CARRIE AND PIA HAD" ....... This is YOUR ABILITY TO ACCUMULATE "HUGE AMOUNT" OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD SAY THAT "THEIR FANDOM" OF YOU IS "THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW because they are not voting for your performance - THEY ARE VOTING FOR YOU AS "YOUR DIEHARD FANS". I learned to accept THE FACT, that Pia "DOES NOT HAVE THAT HUGE "SUPERFANS", as of now!!!

  • #7
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,701
    Concert Stars
    Wow I had no idea that Carrie won every single week in her year. That is incredible!

  • #8
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I think they had mentioned before that Carrie won every single week. I think Carrie would still win. I just have an issue with the way Nigel is handling this whole Pia thing. There are so many things he's ignoring when it comes to her, but whatever. Sometimes silence is golden and I think this is one of those times.

    Nigel is getting to the point where he just needs to shut the hell up, if there is nothing to keep defending then he needs to put a sock in it already and to compare Carrie's year to this sesaon is pointless when the WGWG wasn't in play in season 4 and the text votes now are likely way more than it was then.

    He is just in denial that the teeenage girls control his show.

  • #9
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    24,230
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Nigel is getting to the point where he just needs to shut the hell up, if there is nothing to keep defending then he needs to put a sock in it already and to compare Carrie's year to this sesaon is pointless when the WGWG wasn't in play in season 4 and the text votes now are likely way more than it was then.

    He is just in denial that the teeenage girls control his show.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is WGWG?

  • #10
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is WGWG?
    It stands for White Guys With Guitars. I don't know where it started but I have seen it used all over different sites.

  • #11
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    If Nigel wants to tell us all who was leading over a season, why doesn't he tell us who the top vote getter was each week in Season 7 through Season 9.

    I would love to see how many of those weeks had any of the female contestants getting the most votes.

  • #12
    Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Livin the life one Carrie song at a time
    Posts
    3,415
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    It stands for White Guys With Guitars. I don't know where it started but I have seen it used all over different sites.
    I wouldn't repeat it because in this context it sounds very racist. I find it very offensive and I am not one to cry foul over these types of things. I personally haven't loved any of the females since Kellie Pickler and the guys I liked do play instruments (David A and Kris) but I liked their singing voices and their PERSONALITIES and as both could have been my sons I didn't vote for them because of "cuteness"! Pia started out fantastic but lost her shine with me because she didn't even TRY to branch out. She played it safe and had no personality to help her out. Her comments post-AI about being "shocked" are tacky (even if true) and I lost all my remaining respect then. I think she is an excellent vocalist but there needs to be MORE (including some humility - which Pia is lacking). Simon was right - there needs to be that IT factor. And Pia IMO didn't have all of IT.

  • #13
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by utlovescarrie View Post
    I wouldn't repeat it because in this context it sounds very racist. I find it very offensive and I am not one to cry foul over these types of things. I personally haven't loved any of the females since Kellie Pickler and the guys I liked do play instruments (David A and Kris) but I liked their singing voices and their PERSONALITIES and as both could have been my sons I didn't vote for them because of "cuteness"! Pia started out fantastic but lost her shine with me because she didn't even TRY to branch out. She played it safe and had no personality to help her out. Her comments post-AI about being "shocked" are tacky (even if true) and I lost all my remaining respect then. I think she is an excellent vocalist but there needs to be MORE (including some humility - which Pia is lacking). Simon was right - there needs to be that IT factor. And Pia IMO didn't have all of IT.
    Where did you ever hear Pia say she was "shocked" to be voted off Idol?? If you actually watch her post-Idol interviews, she openly says she doesn't know why she was voted off- in every interview. The media is making this out to be a shocker- Pia HERSELF never said she was shocked by it.
    In one interview, she even said she just "had a feeling" it was going to be her time to go the night she sang "River Deep, Mountain High."

  • #14
    Ultimate Carrie Fan HuiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,390
    Quote Originally Posted by utlovescarrie View Post
    I personally haven't loved any of the females since Kellie Pickler and the guys I liked do play instruments (David A and Kris) but I liked their singing voices and their PERSONALITIES and as both could have been my sons I didn't vote for them because of "cuteness"!
    Thank you. Teen years are way past me and I don't even find David A, Kris, Cook that hot. In fact, I don't think Cook is cute at all lol. David A's "Imagine", Kris's "Ain't No Sunshine", Cook's "Billie Jean" etc are way better performances than what many of the female performers have done in recent seasons. Just because they don't have glory notes in the performances doesn't mean they're "weaker" vocally and not worthy of votes. People can like them for their singing, ya know?

    And, Archie and Cook aren't even my favorites in that season, I actually liked MJ and Brooke better.

  • #15
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    Using the excuse that there is this vast majority of little girls voting like crazy is ridiculous. Nigel did say in his first media release that since all the contestants were good the vote totals are close and if one gets a little less than the others they are out but not by a wide margin - so that nips your theory right there - who's voting for Haley ? the little girls?, who's voting for Jacob - the little girls? Who's voting for Casey? the little girls? and if anyone would have stayed in because of the little girls I would think Thia would have, ( we see that today in the SWWRN phenomena )Don't think so, I don't agree with your little girls theory. And the fact is they did show bits about Pia when she auditioned and told a story, etc. With 25 million people watching , if she is as great as you say she is and the best one in the competition, then why didn't she inspire more people to vote for her?

  • #16
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    13,154
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wow I had no idea that Carrie won every single week in her year. That is incredible!
    I have said it before but it's worth repeating. I have heard that Carrie got as much as 40% of the vote when there were still 8 people left in the competition. That, IF TRUE, is pretty dominate.

  • #17
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post


    Where did you ever hear Pia say she was "shocked" to be voted off Idol?? If you actually watch her post-Idol interviews, she openly says she doesn't know why she was voted off- in every interview. The media is making this out to be a shocker- Pia HERSELF never said she was shocked by it.
    In one interview, she even said she just "had a feeling" it was going to be her time to go the night she sang "River Deep, Mountain High."
    Well saying that 'she didn't know why' she was voted off is not as dramatic as saying she was 'shocked' the implication is the same...either way it does show a lack of humility..again pretentious and full of herself...every contestant faces the possibility of being voted off...including the high and mighty Pia.

  • #18
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    Using the excuse that there is this vast majority of little girls voting like crazy is ridiculous. Nigel did say in his first media release that since all the contestants were good the vote totals are close and if one gets a little less than the others they are out but not by a wide margin - so that nips your theory right there - who's voting for Haley ? the little girls?, who's voting for Jacob - the little girls? Who's voting for Casey? the little girls? and if anyone would have stayed in because of the little girls I would think Thia would have, ( we see that today in the SWWRN phenomena )Don't think so, I don't agree with your little girls theory. And the fact is they did show bits about Pia when she auditioned and told a story, etc. With 25 million people watching , if she is as great as you say she is and the best one in the competition, then why didn't she inspire more people to vote for her?
    Because she didn't have IT. more people voted for the others than Pia. I don't understand why people are going on and on about this. I imagine it's her fans who are driving this and they just don't want to accept the fact that the viewers (at least not enough of them) felt about Pia the same way her fans did.

  • #19
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    751
    If Pia getting voted off wasn't a shocker, then how do you explain the uproar from majority of these people. are they just super-obsessed with her? it doesn't look that way because she was just voted off. the reason is that it defies any logic and people will always ask " WHY?"

  • #20
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by utlovescarrie View Post
    I wouldn't repeat it because in this context it sounds very racist. I find it very offensive and I am not one to cry foul over these types of things. I personally haven't loved any of the females since Kellie Pickler and the guys I liked do play instruments (David A and Kris) but I liked their singing voices and their PERSONALITIES and as both could have been my sons I didn't vote for them because of "cuteness"! Pia started out fantastic but lost her shine with me because she didn't even TRY to branch out. She played it safe and had no personality to help her out. Her comments post-AI about being "shocked" are tacky (even if true) and I lost all my remaining respect then. I think she is an excellent vocalist but there needs to be MORE (including some humility - which Pia is lacking). Simon was right - there needs to be that IT factor. And Pia IMO didn't have all of IT.
    I 100% agree with you! And I don't care for Lauren's attitude either. Truth to tell, Pia dropped the ball last week and did not sing as well as the others. Fair elimination!!


  •  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Nigel Lythgoe: "Pia Toscano Was Never A Frontrunner"
      By Naco1776 in forum American Idol Chatter
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: 04-11-2011, 06:49 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •