Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

ACM Debrief: RAC & Romeo (New Info On Carrie's ACM Performance)

From the weekly Country Aircheck edition:

ACM Debrief: RAC & Romeo

CA: The Brad Paisley/Alabama seems an obvious pairing based on the song, but how did the other collaborations come together?

RC: I went to see Carrie Underwood in concert in Newark last summer and had a backstage sit-down with her and manager Ann Edelblute. We talked about the show and how much I loved “Undo It,” but that I wanted to find a way to make it different. They said they’ve always wanted to do something with Steven Tyler. They reached out to him. The most amazing thing was that we were able to keep it a secret for six months. That was the sweaty-palms part.
    There is a mistake here. The Newark concert was in November and not in the summer. But this means that Carrie had been scheduled as a performer on the ACM Awards since just after the CMAs.

Carrie Guru
    Who is RC?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Who is RC?
    Producer RAC Clark

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Producer RAC Clark
    Thanks. That's kind of wierd that he wanted her to do UI?

Ty
    I think this just goes to show how planned out the Play On era was. I've always thought that they knew from the get-go how many singles were being released.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    I think this just goes to show how planned out the Play On era was. I've always thought that they knew from the get-go how many singles were being released.
    I would think they decide on the number of singles for every era. I'm sure everything has to be really organized from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Probably, but then I don't get why Carrie said in that interview that she had 6-7 single potentials. Because of that interview we all thought there would be at least 5 singles.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Probably, but then I don't get why Carrie said in that interview that she had 6-7 single potentials. Because of that interview we all thought there would be at least 5 singles.
    Maybe because at that time they hadn't decided on which songs would be the 4 singles?

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Maybe because at that time they hadn't decided on which songs would be the 4 singles?
    I think they had decided on the 4 singles before the album was released, due to them all being the itunes promotional singles. But that interview came out after PO came out, I think.

Concert Stars
    ^yeah she said there were 6-7 single choices..not nessessarily 6-7 singles, or even 5 for that matter

but its awesome that they have kept it a secret that long...and especially from some people on here lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Well potential singles doesn't mean they are planning on releasing that many. I think the intent with the comment was to say how many good songs were on the cd.
    I agree, her refrence to 6-7 singles was to say that PO have really good songs! Which it did!!!

Hopefully Album #4 will be EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Well potential singles doesn't mean they are planning on releasing that many. I think the intent with the comment was to say how many good songs were on the cd.
    True. Perhaps we just read into it all wrong.

Concert Stars
    Well, this sure blows alot of theories!!

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    The fact that both the 1st album and 2nd album had 5 singles released and w/ her saying that this cd had at least 6-7 potential singles on the cd it was easy to believe that at least 5 singles would be release to radio. I don't know if it because of her marriage and wanting her songs to be relatable to her life or it it is due to her co-writes being used for her singles. It seem like several of the best songs remained on the cd, however. I will never understand why they actually release to Itunes her actual singles as the promotional singles for the PO era. That makes me not want them to release anything but the 1st single to Itunes prior to the cd release since it is anti climatic knowing the plan for that cd.

Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    The fact that both the 1st album and 2nd album had 5 singles released and w/ her saying that this cd had at least 6-7 potential singles on the cd it was easy to believe that at least 5 singles would be release to radio. I don't know if it because of her marriage and wanting her songs to be relatable to her life or it it is due to her co-writes being used for her singles. It seem like several of the best songs remained on the cd, however. I will never understand why they actually release to Itunes her actual singles as the promotional singles for the PO era. That makes me not want them to release anything but the 1st single to Itunes prior to the cd release since it is anti climatic knowing the plan for that cd.
    SH only had 4 country singles (JTTW, DFTRM, BHC, Wasted).

Concert Stars
    Cary, are you just referring to country releases? I thought SH was released to pop -- or was that unsolicited airplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Cary, are you just referring to country releases? I thought SH was released to pop -- or was that unsolicited airplay?
    The reason I don't count SH in my list is that SH was pushed to radio by Arista New York, not Arista Nashville. Now Arista New York is out of the picture. So I limit the comparison to songs sent to radio by Arista Nashville.

Concert Stars
    Thanks. I agree with your reasoning!

Concert Stars
    cool info...I kinda wish they released more singles from PO!!

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie mentioned that they had been planning this for about 6 months. I am surprised (yet not) that they were able to keep it a secret (and away from some incredibly talents Carrie-sleuths) for that long.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast