Concert Stars

“Soul Surfer“: This is terrific for kids and entertaining enough to take the whole...

Wknd Box Office: Hanna, Your Highness, Soul Surfer, Of Gods and Men

This reviewer reviewed not just Soul Surfer but the other movies out right now too. You can see her review of the other movies by clicking the link. Here is Soul Surfer's:

Soul Surfer“: This is terrific for kids and entertaining enough to take the whole family. It’s also a decent sports comeback movie.
    Originally, this movie based on the true life story of Bethany Hamilton had mild Christian themes, which were removed to please Hollywood. But the Hamilton family, devout Christians who produced the film, insisted that the spirituality be restored to the scenes. And I’m glad. I enjoyed this uplifting movie about the teen surfer, who lost her arm to a shark and got back into the game. While some parts of the movie were a little hokey, overall it’s very inspirational with fantastic messages for kids.
    I’m also glad the movie didn’t show the one-armed girl (played by the beautiful AnnaSophia Robb) immediately making a comeback and winning the surfing championship. That’s not how real life works, though in time, the real-life Hamilton went on to win many national surfing competitions despite her disability.
    Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt play the Hamilton parents, and Kevin Sorbo (TV’s “Hercules”) plays a family friend. Country singer Carrie Underwood does well in her first movie role as a teen church minister who takes Bethany on a mission to tsunami-afflicted Thailand to see that there are more unfortunate things in life than losing an arm and possibly not being able to surf again.
    This is the kind of movie responsible parents pine for: chock full of good values, great role models, inspiration, and positive outlook on life and its obstacles.

i want to watch it soooo bad

Concert Stars
    very nice review!

Concert Stars
    Hat's off to this reviewer! It indeed is a film all parents should want their children to see. Kudos to them for this closing thought.....
    "This is the kind of movie responsible parents pine for: chock full of good values, great role models, inspiration, and positive outlook on life and its obstacles. "

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Best review I have read yet!! This gal nails it!

Plus, I love how she rate these movies ~~ "Your Highness" got 4 Marxes + 1 Obama + 1 Bin Laden.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! Love it!

"Soul Surfer" got 2 1/2 Reagans!! Niiiiiiice!

Thanks for sharing!

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie2 View Post
    Hat's off to this reviewer! It indeed is a film all parents should want their children to see. Kudos to them for this closing thought.....
    "This is the kind of movie responsible parents pine for: chock full of good values, great role models, inspiration, and positive outlook on life and its obstacles. "
    Would responsible parents take their kids out of school to see this because that is the only time in the next 12 days she might have to see it?

Junior Carrie Follower kaileigh's Avatar
    great review! I'm dyin' to see it!!

Concert Stars
    love this one!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    This reviewer user their heart in the review.

Concert Stars
    I agree, this film is a perfect film for kids to see, its really inspiring!

Concert Stars
    Now, if we could get all churches to take all the young people in the congregation we might get another good week, LOL. Because I know some said they were taking kids from church to see it.
    Last edited by pkc4rls; 04-12-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Oh Wow !!--Great review !!!--Thanks for posting this !!!--I saw Soul Surfer--It is a very good movie--and Carrie does very well!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Ok , well the "rating names" didn't go over well with me-unnecessary --took a little of the joy out of the review for me!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by utlovescarrie View Post
    Would responsible parents take their kids out of school to see this because that is the only time in the next 12 days she might have to see it?
    Imo, I would. The lessons one learns from this movie, you can't learn in school.

Concert Stars
    Very nice review! Love seeing more positive Carrie reviews. lol

•