Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Christian Film "Soul Surfer" a Hit at Box Office

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Christian Film ‘Soul Surfer’ Hits ‘Home Run’ at Box Office

I just saw this posted at pulse, and didn't see it here. If I am wrong, someone delete!!

Concert Stars
    wow it did well for just coming out...so impressed!

Concert Stars
    Put Carrie's name in it and it will sell JK Glad Soul Surfer is doing well.

Concert Stars
    No, I think you are so right!!

Concert Stars
    wait a minute??? They are not counting today's numbers!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Thanks, rainbow1....that is fantastic!! Ya gotta give the people what they crave, and that is good wholesome entertainment! Hopefully Hollywood will get the message!

Can't wait to see "Atlas Shrugged" this next weekend!! I finally finished the book, so I am rarin' to go to the movie!!

Concert Stars
    Leave it to me to see the frustration in the fact that much like her Cd's if it had been at more theaters more people would have watched.
    I am glad they know that.
    Arther was a horrible idea.
    I am glad that SS brought so many people out.
    Just wish the more people got the chance to see it.
    Much like her Cd's "if they are there, people will buy them!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Leave it to me to see the frustration in the fact that much like her Cd's if it had been at more theaters more people would have watched.
    I feel your frustrations! I was at Target and saw zillion copies of SN, Fearless and Jason Aldean and Miranda (the were also playing THTBM video) and ONLY 1 copy of PO (I kid you not, there was only one cope left on the shelf). Made me very angry! But I loving seeing the Carrie's Olay ad!!

Concert Stars
    It is frustrating.
    We as fans want to see what the absolute potencial is of Carrie's sales. But we can't as long as there is one copy on a shelf.
    But SS is a hit and I am thrilled about that.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    The theaters decide what movies they show, not the studio. So the theaters thought they would make more money from other movies. After a strong first weekend, perhaps more theaters will decide to show it.

What is the budget for the movie? Any chances for it to meet its budget? I think most films tumble after its initial opening weekend and it's not exactly a blockbuster release in a general sense (it is in a Christian-movie sense).

Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    What is the budget for the movie? Any chances for it to meet its budget? I think most films tumble after its initial opening weekend and it's not exactly a blockbuster release in a general sense (it is in a Christian-movie sense).
    In another thread, it says the budget was $18 million. So they already made most of that back in the first weekend.

Concert Stars
    Awesome, Thanks for posting! I am glad people are supporting the movie

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    The theaters decide what movies they show, not the studio. So the theaters thought they would make more money from other movies. After a strong first weekend, perhaps more theaters will decide to show it.
    I had no idea about this. Thanx for that info! I thought it was the movie distributors who sent the movie to certain theaters.

This is good news then. It means with such a strong opening, that, as you said, more theaters might show it now.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    18 million-- so it almost broke even already in one weekend. Add that to the DVD rentals and sales, and the international release which starts in June-- and this movie should make a nice healthy profit. By next weekend, it should break even, and then all profit from there.

Soul Surfer is an absolute hit! Saw it tonight and walking out of the theatre everyone was talking about how good it was. Plus, there was a young girl there in a wheelchair who had on a Play On Tour t-shirt. <3

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Soul Surfer is an absolute hit! Saw it tonight and walking out of the theatre everyone was talking about how good it was. Plus, there was a young girl there in a wheelchair who had on a Play On Tour t-shirt. <3
    This is why people should not worry about the critics because the critics' criteria can be very different from that of the average movie goer.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post
    Thanks, rainbow1....that is fantastic!! Ya gotta give the people what they crave, and that is good wholesome entertainment! Hopefully Hollywood will get the message!

Can't wait to see "Atlas Shrugged" this next weekend!! I finally finished the book, so I am rarin' to go to the movie!!
    I didn't know that Atlas Shrugged was even being made into a movie. WHY OH WHY do these movies have to come out when I have NO TIME to go see them. I wanted to go see it on Wed but now I have to go celebrate a friends birthday. I like my friend but I am feeling a little bit angry that my ONE break in schedule just got taken away! Darn kids and their dance and cheer and wedding showers and bridal pictures and wedding and homework/projects - don't they understand I have waited almost a YEAR to see this movie! I CAN NOT BELIEVE I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO SEE IT YET!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    This is why people should not worry about the critics because the critics' criteria can be very different from that of the average movie goer.
    Exactly. Audiences have given Soul Surfer an A+, which speaks volumes more than anything the critics have to say.

Concert Stars
    lmao Taylor Swift fans are saying Carrie was too "religious" in the movie. lol Duh-- she played a youth counselor! lol LMAO I had to tweet the little girl back. I couldn't help myself.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast