Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

Brad Paisley: The Billboard Cover Story (Carrie And Her Fans Mentioned)

Brad Paisley: The Billboard Cover Story
    "Brad not only delivers for his fans what they want and have come to expect," Sony Music Nashville chairman/CEO Gary Overton says, "but he has surprises for them too. There's an unbelievable duet with Carrie Underwood ["Remind Me"] . . . Brad actually turned his album in to us, then called to say that he didn't feel it was really finished, and asked for more time. We were already under a time crunch because of the immediate reaction to 'This Is Country Music' that he debuted on the 2010 CMA Awards show, and we had to ship the single to country radio immediately. But Brad felt strongly that the album was missing one key piece. That's where the Underwood duet came from."
    But he's not quite a member of the old guard. "I'm reading Twitter right now," Paisley says, "and people are actually mad at me. They haven't even heard the song and there are a lot of Carrie fans that are upset it's not the next single and they've never heard it . . . They're like, 'What a missed opportunity!' I wrote today: 'Patience please, you haven't even heard it. Come on. It doesn't mean it won't be a single just because it's not next. Give me a chance. We have some great things in the works. It will happen when it's time. Have some faith.' "
    Source: Brad Paisley: The Billboard Cover Story | Billboard.com

lol.... Poor Brad having to deal with us crazy-anger-never_satisfied Carrie fans
    I guess everytime he talk to Carrie nowadays he might start saying "Geez... ur fans r crazy" and Carrie might answer smiling "I know... I love them!".

lol everyone thinks we're crazy. You know Jimmy Carter will be on this story in a second!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by _luvqry View Post
    lol.... Poor Brad having to deal with us crazy-anger-never_satisfied Carrie fans
    I guess everytime he talk to Carrie nowadays he might start saying "Geez... ur fans r crazy" and Carrie might answer smiling "I know... I love them!".
    that made me laugh

Ty
    We are such a big deal.

I would feel the same way if I were Brad. I wasn't disappointed when it wasn't the next single. Can't wait to hear it!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's so cool Brad thought Carrie was the one key peice missing from his album- that says so much about how much he loves and respects her.

I don't think he meant anything negative against Carrie fans though- but it's good that he knows we are very excited & it builds more buzz for him.

I can't lie, when I couldn't help but think he was refrencing Tee, because she Tweeted something to Brad about being worried "Remind Me" wasn't going to be a single.

Concert Stars
    What's that saying about "There is no such thing as bad press"???? I guess that describes US!!!

It seems as though Brad was shocked to see some fans upset that Remind Me wasn't the next single. Maybe his fans don't complain like some Carrie fans do...lol, I have no idea! I don't think that he's being negative either...just surprise to hear that some fans were disappointed.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    That's so cool Brad thought Carrie was the one key peice missing from his album- that says so much about how much he loves and respects her.

I don't think he meant anything negative against Carrie fans though- but it's good that he knows we are very excited & it builds more buzz for him.

I can't lie, when I couldn't help but think he was refrencing Tee, because she Tweeted something to Brad about being worried "Remind Me" wasn't going to be a single.

Actually I never tweeted Brad directly that I was worried the song would not be a single. Some Carrie fans and Myself were talking amongst ourselves, worried it would not be a single, but I never tweeted that to Brad. He must have been reading the comments on twitter, and he tweeted me out of the blue-- which kind of shocked me as I had not tweeted him directly about this.

Also, he was very very nice to me, so I didn't take his tweet as being upset at all.

I never ever tweeted anything bad about Brad-- or implied I was mad at him. There were a bunch of us talking on twitter that they were disappointed the duet was not the 2nd single. Some of that disappointment was directed at Carrie's label for not releasing a 5th single, so many of us were hoping that the Brad duet was next to explain the lack of a 5th single off PO.

Most of us tweeted Brad back and thanked him for that kind tweet that reassured us the song would be a single. There was no issue whatsoever.

No one was mad at Brad, ever, at least not what I saw on twitter.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Along with the Beliebers, Little Monsters, and the Twi-hearts, we are the most notorious fanbase out there.

We're not annoying, we're just nosy.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    It seems as though Brad was shocked to see some fans upset that Remind Me wasn't the next single. Maybe his fans don't complain like some Carrie fans do...lol, I have no idea! I don't think that he's being negative either...just surprise to hear that some fans were disappointed.
    As far as I know, no one tweeted Brad directly saying they were disappointed. We were all talkiing amongst ourselves on twitter, a little disappointed that the 2nd single was not the duet-- because we were frustrated that there was no 5th single off PO... so many of us on twitter (and here on CF, fanclub, etc)-- were thinking that the duet was the reason for no 5th single. When it turned out that was not the case-- nothing made sense at all. There was no 5th single and no duet yet. .. so I think Brad read the comments that we were disappointed it was not next.

Either way-- he tweeted me out of the blue (since I had not tweeted him directly)-- and I was so honored and excited. He was nice and funny, not upset at all. He is a funny guy and I think he was just trying to calm us all down. lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by undrwood9098 View Post
    Along with the Beliebers, Little Monsters, and the Twi-hearts, we are the most notorious fanbase out there.

We're not annoying, we're just nosy.

lol Well said. We are very nosy. lol

Concert Stars
    BY next single, is this current info in that the duet won't be the single coming out on May 24?? Is that what we are saying here?

Brad will have to be "trained" to know that he can't take it personally and that is just how we are -serious in our views and opinions, ROFL.

Concert Stars
    I think he is referring to his second release Alabama

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    BY next single, is this current info in that the duet won't be the single coming out on May 24?? Is that what we are saying here?

Brad will have to be "trained" to know that he can't take it personally and that is just how we are -serious in our views and opinions, ROFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by nanna05 View Post
    I think he is referring to his second release Alabama

Yes, Brad is definitely referring to Old Alabama being the 2nd single instead of Remind Me. All indications are that Remind Me will be the next single after Old Alabama. The would put its peak somewhere around the time of the CMAs (proabably a little before). It will be eligible for Single, Song, Video and Musical Event. And it will be a perfect song for the co-hosts to do together.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    lol Well said. We are very nosy. lol
    You need about 25 or so more verys. LOL

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Yes, Brad is definitely referring to Old Alabama being the 2nd single instead of Remind Me. All indications are that Remind Me will be the next single after Old Alabama. The would put its peak somewhere around the time of the CMAs (proabably a little before). It will be eligible for Single song, video and musical event. And it will be a perfect song for the co-hosts to do together.
    Thanks Cary. This is so exciting. Can't wait for his Album release

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Yes, Brad is definitely referring to Old Alabama being the 2nd single instead of Remind Me. All indications are that Remind Me will be the next single after Old Alabama. The would put its peak somewhere around the time of the CMAs (proabably a little before). It will be eligible for Single song, video and musical event. And it will be a perfect song for the co-hosts to do together.
    Oh thanks Cary!! Was getting ready to start the 2nd round of tormenting him, LOL. Kidding!!??

Huge Carrie Follower
    us carebears rule!!!!!!!!!!!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast