Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pi314CA

Thread: Carrie Underwood: My Faith Is the Reason for My Success

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood: My Faith Is the Reason for My Success

Carrie Underwood: My Faith Is the Reason for My Success

Published April 08, 2011
    FoxNews.com

Carrie Underwood is one of the world’s most successful country music artists, but she tells us that it isn’t only a result of talent and luck. Instead, she credits her strong faith and Christian upbringing for all her life’s charms.

Read more: Carrie Underwood: My Faith Is the Reason for My Success - FoxNews.com

So great to see that Carrie is not shy about expressing her faith in God!
    carrieismy1idol likes this.

Concert Stars
    completely agree!

Concert Stars
    Carrie tells it like it is, taking big risks....but standing tall in her beliefs!!!

Concert Stars
    Great article, love her comments!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    It's refreshing to see Carrie so comfortable and committed to her faith and prepared to talk about it. Unfortunately articles like this attract all the haters and weirdos out there.

i think that's why I look up to Carrie so much...she's not scared to talk her faith!

Love Carrie's openness about her faith.

Question: Why do you think some people act like it's not cool to talk about faith?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Love Carrie's openness about her faith.

Question: Why do you think some people act like it's not cool to talk about faith?
    For the person talking, it may be a lack of strong conviction, a "young" faith in God, or fearing what people may think/say. I notice Carrie being more bold about her faith during her award acceptance speeches through the years. Reminds me of Romans 1:16 that she is not ashamed of the gospel.

For the person hearing, it's probably because they don't have the same faith or a faith in God. Faith talk is foolishness to them. Quoting the verse 1 Corinthians 2:14 "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."

Concert Stars
    Sounds like Carrie is SNUBBING the devil(!)

Concert Stars
    Love the article! Carrie's amazing! Thanks for posting! I really hope people go out and see this movie! Glad she was part of this film

Carrie Follower
    Carrie talks the talk and walks the walk with her religion. She is faithful to her upbringing and that is why she was so
    attracted to Mike. They both know what is behind their success in life.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's belief in her faith really inspires me. She not only lives what she says, but she believes it with all her heart- I've never seen anyone with as much convinction in their faith as Carrie.

When I struggle with faith, or am questioning faith, all I have to do is listen to Carrie sing "How Great Thou Art" or "Jesus Take The Wheel," and I feel inspired and confident in my faith again.

Concert Stars
    i really enjoy reading interviews like this from Carrie

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm with you on that one CarrieFlatssFan! Well said! Carrie had made me closer with faith aswell! I have a few questions about Carrie and her faith, I was going to start a new thread but here's good timing lol -

What religion is Carrie? Christianity obviously but does she come from a Catholic, Anglican, Pentecostal.etc background?

Does Carrie go to church now and/or read the bible?

Just interested to hear/see where Carrie lies in Christianity! If it wasn't for Carrie, my faith wouldn't near be as strong! I remember watching an interview with Carrie saying "if I can bring people closer to god or teach them about god, then my job is done!" approx quote! So true and it was inspiring to see Carrie say this with teers in her eyes! Carrie underwood, u r my baby girl!

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    I'm with you on that one CarrieFlatssFan! Well said! Carrie had made me closer with faith aswell! I have a few questions about Carrie and her faith, I was going to start a new thread but here's good timing lol -

What religion is Carrie? Christianity obviously but does she come from a Catholic, Anglican, Pentecostal.etc background?

Just interested to hear/see where Carrie lies in Christianity! If it wasn't for Carrie, my faith wouldn't near be as strong! I remember watching an interview with Carrie saying "if I can bring people closer to god or teach them about god, then my job is done!" approx quote! So true and it was inspiring to see Carrie say this with teers in her eyes! Carrie underwood, u r my baby girl!
    I think she's a baptist

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    i love this article! and the last part shows how her friends keep her grounded as well.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post

Carrie was raised Baptist I believe and would sing at the Free Will Baptist Church. There is even a youtube video of Carrie singing at Vacation Bible School when she was a kid. So I'm assuming that she is still Baptist or maybe Non-denomination. Yes, Carrie attends church as there were sightings and a picture of Carrie at a church around Christmas time I believe. Carrie has mentioned about having bible study w/ Mike at home which sparked the idea of her song Temporary Home so I'm sure she has read the Bible.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    This is a great article....she credits her faith for her success.....I love the fact she's not afraid to say that....or show her faith....she's Country Music's princess and sweetheart for sure.....she is the best!!!!(!)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think marrying Mike, who also has a very strong faith, has only cemented their faith and now they can walk and grow in their faith together. Wonderful role models. Its what gives me hope their marriage will survive the crazy world they have landed in.

•