Concert Stars

Slant Magazine Soul Surfer Review

This is a magazine that generally trashes everything and everyone, so take it with a grain of salt. They don't really comment on Carrie's "acting" per se, but they don't like the character she plays. Anyway, it got a rotten tomato, so we are at 1 Fresh tomato, 2 rotten so far. lol I don't really care because most movies are trashed these days by pompous self-important critics anyway. As long as it does well in the box office, that is all that matters.

This magazine is one of the most negative and snarky out there-- so it can only get better from here. lol

Soul Surfer | Film Review | Slant Magazine

Thanks. I usually ignore what Slant magazine posts. I find them unnecessarily harsh and snarky and b***hy lol, when a more professional, objective tone could have conveyed their review just as effectively.

I don't let reviews bother me in general, because it's just someone's opinion. People that have to listen to music over and over and watch movies over and over for a living expect something more than us average viewers do, I think. So they're harsh. It doesn't mean I agree with them, it just means that I kind of understand where the level of expectation comes from. It's kind of like me with American Idol - it's hard to please me. Yes, there are good singers, but none of them compare to Carrie. She stands out. These people are just looking for something that stands out. And that's hard to come by thesedays, since everyone is so prone to lack of originality.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    This is a magazine that generally trashes everything and everyone, so take it with a grain of salt. They don't really comment on Carrie's "acting" per se, but they don't like the character she plays. Anyway, it got a rotten tomato, so we are at 1 Fresh tomato, 2 rotten so far. lol I don't really care because most movies are trashed these days by pompous self-important critics anyway. As long as it does well in the box office, that is all that matters.

This magazine is one of the most negative and snarky out there-- so it can only get better from here. lol

Soul Surfer | Film Review | Slant Magazine
    Where are you seeing these tomatoes? And what do the 4 stars mean by the title? Does that mean the reviewer gave it 4 stars? I didn't bother to read the review other than the Carrie part!

Junior Carrie Follower doitnthedirt's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I don't think the reviewer actually has seen the movie, they state that her right arm was bitten off, so they don't really know what they are talking about. !!!!

Concert Stars
    I try not to let reviews bother me but it gets hard when they say something bad about Carrie!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Sadly snarky is the perfect word.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    And why did they have to take a shot at Idol Give's Back? That show has done more for people then this reviewer will ever be able to do.

Concert Stars
    Well, I am staying blissfully happy and not reading it, LOL. I never read anything from them any more, ughhh. They are always so hateful.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Where are you seeing these tomatoes? And what do the 4 stars mean by the title? Does that mean the reviewer gave it 4 stars? I didn't bother to read the review other than the Carrie part!
    I think the reviewer gave it 0 stars actually. lol He didn't fill any of the stars in. lol

Rotten Tomatoes is a site that gives average reviews of movies, music, etc. If you get a good review, it is FRESH tomatoes. lol If they hate it, you get a rotten tomato. lol

ROTTEN TOMATOES: Movies - New Movie Reviews and Previews!

Concert Stars
    Soul Surfer Review Comments - Movie Reviews, Trailers, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

oh my look at the comments to this Bad review. lol Hilarious!

The public disagrees. lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Soul Surfer Review Comments - Movie Reviews, Trailers, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

oh my look at the comments to this Bad review. lol Hilarious!

The public disagrees. lol
    OMG, could that guy use the "F" word any more times then he did over and over, ROFL!!??? I take it, he did not like the review either - probably a Carrie fan, LMAO.

Concert Stars
    How can any reputable reviewer give ANYTHING 0 Stars?
    Just shows how arrogant some people can be. It's like a joke.
    Slant has always hated Carrie, so they probably didn't even watch the movie. They probably saw that Carrie was in it and wrote around that...

Concert Stars
    Still won't stop me from watching this movie this weekend

•