Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By cary78663

Thread: OFFSTAGE: Surfer Bethany Hamilton Is Obsessed With Carrie Underwood

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

OFFSTAGE: Surfer Bethany Hamilton Is Obsessed With Carrie Underwood

Bethany Hamilton, the real-life surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack, admitted to me that she's not a country music fan. "I'm more of a reggae girl," she told me on Sunday night's (April 3) red carpet at the ACM Awards. "But I'm obsessed with Carrie Underwood now. She's incredible. I'm always listening to her, and to 'Jesus, Take the Wheel.'" As for Soul Surfer, the new movie about Hamilton's story, she said, "Having Carrie play my friend Sarah Hill was such an honor for the both of us. We were both so stoked." Hamilton was on the carpet with AnnaSophia Robb, who plays her in the movie. And Robb actually does love country music and spends time with her friends at the Grizzly Rose honky-tonk in Denver. "It's like a line dancing place. And on Sundays, people 18 and under can come. We have so much fun. I learned the watermelon crawl and so many more. I don't know the names, but I know the steps," she told me.
    Source: CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Surfer Bethany Hamilton Is Obsessed With Carrie Underwood

Concert Stars
    That's. So wonderful, that they admire each other so much!!

Concert Stars
    aww I love that!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Aww, that's too cute! Glad Bethany has discovered Carrie's amazing personality and music through "Soul Surfer." Both are inspiring & beautiful young women.

Concert Stars
    That is really really nice! Bethany seems like such a nice girl! I really like her alot.

Concert Stars
    I really admire Bethany, she is so grounded. I'm really looking forward to Soul Surfer.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Very cool that Bethany Hamilton like Carrie. I just saw pics of Bethany and she's really tall now

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Bethany Hamilton looked gorgeous at the ACM awards and I'm very happy she has such high respect for Carrie. I'm positive the feeling is mutual.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That Is Awesome I Am Big Fan Of Bethany's So I Am Glad That She Is A Carrie Fan.

Concert Stars
    Bethany Hamilton Is Engaged

Bethany Hamilton is getting married!

The championship surfer, who lost her arm at age 13 in a shark attack, shared the happy news on her blog Wednesday.

In a post titled "In Love," Hamilton, 23, describes her fiancÚ Adam. "The first thing we did was jump off a cliff together!" she writes, adding their first meeting last spring was something of a blind date.

On April 9, Adam proposed.

Hamilton does not provide her fiancÚ's last name on her blog, though the Christian Today identifies him Adam Dirks.

"I know Adam and I are right for each other and that God has us together for Him," Hamilton writes on her blog. "Neither of us is perfect, but in my eyes Adam is just right and I'm thankful to have someone so perfectly perfect to share life with as one."

After her horrific injury in 2003 turned her into an overnight celebrity of sorts, Hamilton inspired people around the world with her return to surfing. She went pro in 2007, shared her story in a book, Soul Surfer, which eventually became a major motion picture and remains an inspirational figure to many.

"I'm so thankful for you and look forward to living life together! Adam, I love you and I'm here to stay!" Hamilton blogs.

Adds her fiancÚ on a guest blog post: "Right away I could tell she was pretty cool (I mean she jumped a 40 foot cliff into the ocean with me!), she's down to earth, and I could tell she understood my heart for The Lord and others; and I saw her heart as well."

Bethany Hamilton Engaged : People.com

Bethany Hamilton and her fiancÚ Adam

•