Concert Stars

LATimes: Carrie Underwood or Taylor: Who Sang Best at the ACMS?

Nice mention by LA Times, but yet another article and poll pitting them against each other again. Please vote for Carrie. Lots of nasty comments by TS fans on the site already.

Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood: Who sang best at the ACM Awards? | Awards Tracker | Los Angeles Times

Awards Tracker

Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood: Who sang best at the ACM Awards?

April 4, 2011 | 9:00 am

At the Academy of Country Music Awards, rival country thrushes Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood staged bravura music performances that brimmed with high energy, defiance and rockabilly swing.

-----(deleting Swift stuff)-----

Underwood, by contrast, donned a sexpot outfit and took to the stage to sing "Undo It," but got ambushed by Steven Tyler, who urged her into joining him in a riff on " ." The duet pumped up the audience at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, but it got a bit creepy when Tyler, age 63, puckered up his giant lips at 28-year-old Underwood and sang, "Just gimme little kiss like this." Trying unsuccessfully to hide her horror, she turned away and expertly dodged his lurch. Underwood is a newlywed who recently married hockey star Mike Fisher.
    -- Tom O'Neil

I love how Taylor fans argue that she's a better vocalist because she toured around the world. What does that prove?

Whatever. The question might as well be rhetorical because anytime you stand Carrie next to almost anyone, the answer is quite clear: she's the best. Phenomenal. And her voice is a gift from God. No matter how many awards she gets or doesn't get, #1's or sold out stadiums - nothing will ever take that away. Something magical happens when Carrie sings. It's a privilege to hear her.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I hate that they keep putting these two up against each other. They are different types of singers no matter who we like the best - not comparable!! So sad they feel the need to constantly stir up their fan bases and get all these ugly remarks going!! So juvenile!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I can't believe she didn't even get a chance to defend her title.

I KNOW, but that's very telling! They know that Carrie's fans are a forced to be reckoned with! I think the ACA really hurted Carrie's chances as they knew we would dominate! OH, well, AT LEAST CARRIE IS THE FIRST ARTIST OF THE YEAR WINNER AT THE ACA!!!

These voters are stupid and for that I am happy Taylor won because it's a big F.U tp them all! Taylor had the last alugh as she showed them that she can do anything and and she will win! I didn't think they expected Taylor and her label would start giving stuff away! HAHAHA, jokes on you buddy!!! SONY should feel very proud!!!

YES, I AM STILL BITTER!!!

I CAN'T STOP WATCHING CARRIE'S PERFORMANCE!!!

Carrie Guru
    I'm not even going to vote on this poll. Anyone with half a brain who saw the performances knows who's was best.

Ty
    LMAOOO. LA Times knows what gets their site hits. This is, like, what their 4th Carrie Vs. Taylor thingy?

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    LMAOOO. LA Times knows what gets their site hits. This is, like, what their 4th Carrie Vs. Taylor thingy?
    I think it is! I thought that too when I saw it

Concert Stars
    obviously carrie even though I love both of them...it wasnt the best from Taylor I must say

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Seriously?? Swift wouldn't even win a "vocal" contest against anyone, let alone the best female vocalist in the industry, Carrie Underwood. Cannot believe all the attempts of Taylor fans to even try to say she's better than Carrie. What a joke.

Concert Stars
    That shows how delusional they are. The fact that they are trying to pretend Taylor is a better singer then Carrie, makes me fear for the future of mankind. If these kids seriously cannot tell the difference between a good singer, and a bad one, then we are in trouble in the future.

Who sang best??? anyways see results..

Carrie Underwood 64.18% (2,301 votes)

Taylor Swift 35.82% (1,284 votes)

Total Votes: 3,585

•