Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Underwood Steals Show

Rihanna Falls Flat, Underwood Steals Show At 46th Annual ACM Awards

<snip>
    there were two performances that took up the majority of preshow chatter. One of these was non-country superstar Rihanna dueting with Sugarland frontwoman Jennifer Nettles. The other, Carrie Underwood with a tantalizingly unnamed "surprise" partner on stage.

Needless to say, only one performance lived up to the considerable hype.

I won't keep you in suspense. It wasn't Rihanna's.
    <snip>
    Rihanna Falls Flat, Underwood Steals Show At 46th Annual ACM Awards - Our Country

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Carrie and Steven definitely stole the show, I will admit that. But Ri and Jen were nothing to dismiss either. They were both great.

TAKE THAT ACMs!!!

are we now making ourselves clear?! You can't snub Carrie

Concert Stars
    Well I can't say what the best performances were since I only watched the first 4 performances then turned it off but based on those performances my favorite was Carrie's/Tyler's of course and then Sugarland right after. Didn't see the Sugarland and Rihanna duet though.

Concert Stars
    Jennifer & Rihanna were not very good.

They'll be talking Carrie & Steven for a while. I still gotta believe we will see a reprise on Thursday Night.

Junior Carrie Follower kaileigh's Avatar
    They're definitely the life of the show!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Outside of Jennifer making Rihanana looking like a grade school choir singer trying to sing in the big leagues the rest of the collaborations were good.

Carrie & Tyler were great, Darius & the campers performance was really good and left Mrs. Fisher with tears in her eyes, ZBB & James Taylor were also great and Brad & Alabama were good too.

Concert Stars
    Wow, the talk of the town is Carrie after her performance. Love all these great writeups. Go Carrie. Almost makes you want to cry - well it does me. She works so hard to entertain and always does and to be treated by her label the way she is. It is just sad. But when you get noticed like this, they may have to pay attention now but who knows. Thanks for posting another great article. She showed them who was really the Queen once again.

Concert Stars
    lots of duplicate posts...but again she stole the show for sure!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Yea Jennifer kicked Rianna's bootay. Carrie and Steven were pure awesomeness.
    probably because its Jennifers genre, so shes more comfortable. I am not crazy about rihanna but shes got some pipes and kills most of her performances. She just didnt seem as comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by cabsmd View Post
    probably because its Jennifers genre, so shes more comfortable. I am not crazy about rihanna but shes got some pipes and kills most of her performances. She just didnt seem as comfortable.
    Eh, it's her song though. Rihanna has never been a strong vocalist IMO.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie kicked butt, and Jen sang circles around Ri-Ri.

Insane Carrie Fan fearless_dancerrr's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Eh, it's her song though. Rihanna has never been a strong vocalist IMO.
    omg, your GIF <3333333 when she did that skirt thing.. i practically died. HAHAH!

Junior Carrie Follower wonderboy's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Nice! Carrie was so sexy during her performance and you can tell she was having so much fun. New side of Carrie that I love!

Concert Stars
    So I didn't watch the ACM last night, but did YOUTUBE Carrie's performance (It's not the same as watching on your Big Screen TV, but I didn't want to bother with it, also I wasn't home until 8:30 PM, so I wasn't going to bother!)

CARRIE WAS SMOKING HOT!!! I alway wanted Carrie to rock out (I mean truly full-blown rock star ROCK OUT and last night sh edid just that! Loved Carrie's outfit and she ROCKED!!! Thus performance was truly a BIG F.U to ACM VOTERS (Most you you guys blame the ACM, when it's really the voters are to be blamed)

I am still disgusted by all the Miranda love for ONE song, it's truly is an over kill! Also I don't understand why they have SONG and SINGLE when it's awarding the same person, it kind of defeat the purpose. ML didn't write the song so she should get that award, that's why they have SINGLE!!!

Taylor winning EOTY was a BIG F. U to COUNTRY, as she bribed her way there and I say good for her. If she can get away with it than why not! Quite frankly I am happy she won as everyone because once again THEY F'ed up!!! There is no way to take Country down than get on the Taylor express... Her winning was a BIG F.U to SONY!!! They could of potentially hold on to the title. (I am happy Carrie was not in this "VOTE FOR ME BRIBERY"...these award shows are over rated!!!)

I can't believe Carrie was SNUBBED like this!!!

Anyhow, I am very happy Carrie KILLED it last night!!!! SHE IS THE TRUE EOTY!!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Attachment 27767carrie and steven duet video is also trending on youtube under "most popular" and "trending"!!
    another vid that has the entire performance (undo it and walk this way) is going on 50,000 already!
    HOW COOL IS THAT?!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    Wow, the talk of the town is Carrie after her performance. Love all these great writeups. Go Carrie. Almost makes you want to cry - well it does me. She works so hard to entertain and always does and to be treated by her label the way she is. It is just sad. But when you get noticed like this, they may have to pay attention now but who knows. Thanks for posting another great article. She showed them who was really the Queen once again.
    In my opinion, that who the "Entertainer of the year" is .

Concert Stars
    Carrie is ENTERTAINER OF THE DECADE WITH THAT PERFORMANCE. Carrie sang her heart out. She was beyond amazing! I am so glad that she was able to share the stage with Steven Tyler! Goooo Carrie, hopefully next year, she can reclaim her throne at the ACMs with Entertainer of the Year

She may of not won anything but she sure as hell won the night!! she is the most absolutely the best!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    CARRIE WAS SMOKING HOT!!! I alway wanted Carrie to rock out (I mean truly full-blown rock star ROCK OUT and last night sh edid just that! Loved Carrie's outfit and she ROCKED!!! Thus performance was truly a BIG F.U to ACM VOTERS (Most you you guys blame the ACM, when it's really the voters are to be blamed)
    Totally agree with the big F.U. to the ACM. What better way to shove it back in their face than for a non-winner to outshine, be the most talked about, and have the best performance not only of these ACM's but of any awards show in recent memory. Winners are a back page story to what Carrie did last night.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast