Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

ACM Awards Performances: Collaborations Steal the Show

While Rihanna and Jennifer's performance may have been the most anticipated collaboration of the awards, it was Carrie Underwood and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler's set that really had jaws dropping. Carrie came out of the shadows onstage in a short black number quite uncharacteristic of her normal wardrobe -- complete with pink streaks in her hair -- to sing her uptempo country-rocker, 'Undo It.' During the second verse, the iconic rocker, clad from head to toe in white, appeared to deafening cheers. Each artist commanded the stage, alternating lines of the song. Carrie and Steven segued right into Aerosmith's hit, 'Walk This Way,' with Carrie dancing and singing alongside Steven.

ACM Awards Performances: Collaborations Steal the Show - The Boot

Well, it looks like Carrie is stealing all the post-show buzz for her show-stopping performance WOOT WOOT And look, she didn't even win anything, maybe the Academy took notes during that.

I told you we're gonna get the last laugh! I predicted that last night =)))

it really was amazing, i keep watching it

Junior Carrie Follower kaileigh's Avatar
    I hope the ACM's will realize their mistake after that epic. Lol.

ACMs: I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOLD YOU SOMEDAY THAT YOU'RE SORRY BUTT WILL BE SUPER KICKED IN EVERY WAY!
    Last edited by diva101; 04-04-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    What do you do when you're Carrie Underwood and you get snubbed at the ACM's? You get show them how it's done, why you should be nominted for EOTY to defend your title, and have the best performance of the night. Charlie Sheen would call that "Winning."
    Yeah! this is what happens when you snub the most important person in that event =))) She'll go rocking your socks off and "slapping the face" of the current EOTY

Concert Stars
    That was an in your face moment brought to you courtesy of the ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR CARRIE UNDERWOOD. Let's see that dweeb SWSRN even attempt something like that. Oh wait, she did & Stevioe Nicks is still reeling from it.

Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    That was an in your face moment brought to you courtesy of the ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR CARRIE UNDERWOOD. Let's see that dweeb SWSRN even attempt something like that. Oh wait, she did & Stevioe Nicks is still reeling from it.
    Carrie and Steven's performance was beyond EPIC! it defy the rules of gravity and country music!
    I mean come on, even the current FVOTY didn't get a standing o and yet she won!
    Carrie got everyone's vote next year for sure!

This pic is absolutely adorable, lol:

Concert Stars
    Steven Tyler rocks!!!! Love that picture of them together

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    No need for name calling...no, I'm not defending Taylor, just pointing it out.

Concert Stars
    Love the pic!! Epic night!!!

I think that the Country Music community in general should be so proud of Carrie and Jen (who sounded great last night) from Sugarland. They both did great, and are wonderful vocalists. Country Music is so lucky to have them and so many others!

Concert Stars
    I'm still living in the afterglow.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlandgirl4life View Post
    No need for name calling...no, I'm not defending Taylor, just pointing it out.
    Hey SLGirl, while I have your attention.
    I love loved Jen last night.
    That first song of theirs highlights the strength and clarity of Jen's voice so well. Loved it.
    I think she did her fans very proud.
    The "Rhianna" thing was not Jens mistep by any means.
    Just wanted you to know I thought she had the 2nd best night (wink)!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Loved Carrie (and her green dress) / Tyler pix!!
    I hope those who were the cause of the snub realize the error of their ways. My fears is they got what they wanted. Others taking all the awards and getting Carrie to bring out her talents on their show anyway. It'll be hard to forget her awesome performance though -it was beyond wonderful!!! Some have stated the awards will come next time because of the performance. I'm not so sure. I fear she'll always be fighting for acceptance. Sure hope I'm wrong as she has talent like no one else and should be getting some kind of acknowledgment for that - like these lesser talents are getting. I realize others need to win also but what is it with these "sweeps"?!?!? That makes it bad for anyone getting all the awards. No one wants to see that - boring. Something needs to be changed!!

Concert Stars
    I agree with the "sweeps". I always have hated that.
    It takes so much away from an awards meaning when someone is walking around after the show with an armful of them looking like they just want to dump them off somewhere.
    I wish voters were more aware of this when the check one persons nominee box over and over and over again. It's just silly.
    Clearly there are other people in a certain year that excell. Must you check the same box over and over again?
    And for the naysayers, No I wouldn't like it for Carrie either.
    To see Carrie standing for a picture with a well earned Grammy or CMA award is so much more meaning ful than if she were standing there with an armful as if she was the only singer in town.
    I just think it looks kind of tacky.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    Loved Carrie (and her green dress) / Tyler pix!!
    I hope those who were the cause of the snub realize the error of their ways. My fears is they got what they wanted. Others taking all the awards and getting Carrie to bring out her talents on their show anyway. It'll be hard to forget her awesome performance though -it was beyond wonderful!!! Some have stated the awards will come next time because of the performance. I'm not so sure. I fear she'll always be fighting for acceptance. Sure hope I'm wrong as she has talent like no one else and should be getting some kind of acknowledgment for that - like these lesser talents are getting. I realize others need to win also but what is it with these "sweeps"?!?!? That makes it bad for anyone getting all the awards. No one wants to see that - boring. Something needs to be changed!!
    that's our normal reaction. cuz she really SHOWED EVERYONE UP who IS THE entertainer. but hard to know how that will affect because they'll nitpik and not even acknowledge her so why would this change? if anything, I think this will give them one more "excuse" not to nominate because she wasn't "country enough".
    I really don't know. ugh. one minute I'm just like "whatever -FORGET YOU" to the ACMS and lalala about future "remind me" future but then I'm all "UGH WHAT JUST HAPPENED" attitude.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I agree with the "sweeps". I always have hated that.
    It takes so much away from an awards meaning when someone is walking around after the show with an armful of them looking like they just want to dump them off somewhere.
    I wish voters were more aware of this when the check one persons nominee box over and over and over again. It's just silly.
    Clearly there are other people in a certain year that excell. Must you check the same box over and over again?
    And for the naysayers, No I wouldn't like it for Carrie either.
    To see Carrie standing for a picture with a well earned Grammy or CMA award is so much more meaning ful than if she were standing there with an armful as if she was the only singer in town.
    I just think it looks kind of tacky.
    it's kind of funny others used to complain about carrie winning and how the award shows are all about her but she's NEVER had such a sweep (like her lower peers "SWSRN" and miranda) -getting almost EVERY AWARD possible in ONE night. and we all know even if carrie had-she had far more accomplishments under her belt even at that time to sweep the whole show clean back then than these now EOTY wannabes

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast