Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By epicamends

Thread: Making Waves (Soul Surfer article - Carrie mention)

Making Waves (Soul Surfer article - Carrie mention)

Great article about the film itself, with a few Carrie mentions:

The film adaptation is finally here, with AnnaSophia Robb (Because of Winn-Dixie, Bridge to Terabithia) in the lead role, plus Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt as Bethany’s surfing parents and the film debut of country singer Carrie Underwood in the pivotal role of Bethany’s religious counselor.
    Q: Did you have involvement with some of the casting choices?
    A: As executive producers we certainly had meaningful input and we were ultimately the ones writing the checks, so we had to be comfortable and have approval.

Q: How did Carrie Underwood become involved in the project?
    A: We were looking for someone to play the role of Sarah, Bethany’s real-life camp and religious counselor, and we heard that she was looking to do a movie. It became the perfect confluence of events to get Carrie and she did a great job in her first role.
    Making Waves
    carrieismy1idol likes this.

That's a very nice Carrie mention! Thanks for posting... Oh, yeah, Fireproof, another movie that was mention in the article is a very good movie. I highly recommend it!

Concert Stars
    wonderful comments...carrie should feel so proud!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    That's a very nice Carrie mention! Thanks for posting... Oh, yeah, Fireproof, another movie that was mention in the article is a very good movie. I highly recommend it!
    they are making another movie! Well not a fireproof 2. but the same film makers are making another movie in general. haha

Concert Stars
    my christian radio stations are talking SO much about this film. I am so happy so know her first film is faith based.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I loved that movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    they are making another movie! Well not a fireproof 2. but the same film makers are making another movie in general. haha
    I look forward to it. I like being able to take my daughters to movies that I am not sitting on the edge on my seat hoping nothing bad springs up.
    my christian radio stations are talking SO much about this film. I am so happy so know her first film is faith based.
    Me too! I love that Carrie isn't afraid to hide that side of herself. That she actually acknowledges openly how faith has an every day influence in her life and actions.

Yes...I have heard that they have many movies in the works! Fireproof was a suprise hit, from what I understand...they already had a couple before Fireproof (Facing the Giants, Flywheel, among others)...have yet to see them, lol.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great Carrie mention! She should be very proud of her work, it sounds like she's a part of something very special, and she made it even better.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Awesome Article!!!

•