Which season is truly the most talented group ever on 'Idol'? (Nice Carrie mention)

2. Season four

Similar to the first season, this produced one superstar in Carrie Underwood and not much else. That superstar, however, has been the best thing that has ever happened to the show, as Underwood always seems ready to come back when called upon to perform.

More here:

Which season is truly most talented on 'Idol'? - Entertainment - Reality TV - TODAY.com

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is a really interesting article. I think there's always been an amount of diverse artists & great talent, but if most of them aren't able to make it in the "real world" of the industry, it doesn't say much to me.

I'd have to say the most talented Idol group was Season 5- Chris, Elliot, Kellie (and even Bucky & Katharine) were able to have varying degrees of success at one point & I can see all of them as artists who can be relevant for a long time.

Of course the best winner was Carrie, but there has been a tremendous amount of awesome talent over the years- I think Idol probably opened a lot of doors for all the contestants, even if they aren't huge stars. Even if there's few "true " superstars from the show, it really is a great thing that the show brought us so much talent we wouldn't have gotten to hear.

As Carrie has said, Idol contestants are regular people, and most of them don't have the means to pack up and move to LA or Nashville to play gigs and try to get noticed. The fact that Idol has given us so much incredible talent is something that I (as a music lover) am very, very thankful for.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yes, what were we thinking to make Taylor Hicks the winner...OMG.
    Great Carrie mention. I so hope she returns to Idol at least twice this season.

Concert Stars
    wonderful comments and i completely agree!

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    wow, that's great!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee50 View Post
    Yes, what were we thinking to make Taylor Hicks the winner...OMG.
    Great Carrie mention. I so hope she returns to Idol at least twice this season.
    Taylor Hicks has had some success as a touring singer. He has a small niche (not my taste) and makes a good living.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Taylor Hicks has had some success as a touring singer. He has a small niche (not my taste) and makes a good living.
    I couldn't agree more.

He is making a awful lot of cash doing what he loves to do instead of working a "9 to 5" job.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

He is making a awful lot of cash doing what he loves to do instead of working a "9 to 5" job.
    I mentioned this because I saw an interview from him and he sounded so happy to be traveling the world doing what he likes to do.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Good point. I think it's kind of sad how some of the Idol contestants are thought of as flops, just because they're not huge stars. Idol gives so many people a great opportunity to do what they love, and if you can make a living from being an entertainer, that's winning to me.

•