Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

ACM awards hold surprising twists- Carrie Mention (The Tennessean)

Interesting read...

Will a new entertainer of the year be crowned?

Undoubtedly, because last yearís winner, Carrie Underwood, isnít even nominated.

Rascal Flatts isnít up for entertainer or top vocal group. What gives?

At least Gary, Joe Don and Jay have some famous company in the land of the slapped and slighted. Last yearís top entertainer, Carrie Underwood, isnít nominated in that category this year. As for exactly what gives Ö itís hard to say. Perhaps voters assumed that Flatts and Underwood would be nominated, so they went with an underdog act in hopes of boosting that actís profile. ACM chief Bob Romeo has fielded questions from incredulous fans by saying, ďThe tabulation was done twice. Nobody stuffed the ballot box. There was nothing irregular with the vote. Am I personally happy with it? No. Can I change it? No.Ē

Conitnued: ACM awards hold surprising twists | tennessean.com | Tune In Music City

Concert Stars
    I sure don't like what he had to say about FV! He does seem to think Carrie deserved an EOTY.

I still think that Carrie has a chance to win FV.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I sure don't like what he had to say about FV! He does seem to think Carrie deserved an EOTY.
    Just because someone makes a prediction doesn't automatically mean they're right.

As far as the nominees go, I've given up on trying to figure out any logical reason for their choices. The fans (and even entertainers themselves) have spoken out many times about the politics of the game, and this year is no different. It isn't even about who's most successful but who the "favorite" is. The ACM's (and all awards shows) pretty much make up their own rules to fit their own agenda.

There really is no other way to say it.

Concert Stars
    It all been said to the umth degree so im just glad Carrie is performing!! We have had a great run on awards shows in the past! Carrie has won many awards and in the future she will win many more!! So let the FLAVORS OF THE MOMENT have their time to shine. Our girl is in it for the long haul destination COUNTRY MUSIC IMMORTALITY....LOL
    That being said im with Abbey i think Carrie still has a good shot at FVOTY!!!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    One would think you would have to had toured to be EOY. Maybe I am wrong !

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I still think that Carrie has a chance to win FV.
    I have a feeling that she will win.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by referee View Post
    One would think you would have to had toured to be EOY. Maybe I am wrong !
    That isn't a very good example to use when Carrie didn't tour much in 2009 and won EOTY last year at the ACM's. Can't have it both ways.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    That isn't a very good example to use when Carrie didn't tour much in 2009 and won EOTY last year at the ACM's. Can't have it both ways.
    I was happy for her last year but I knew that probably it shouldnt have been her.

So, the way I have seen this to not feel bad anymore is that Carrie won her second well deserved EOTY award a year earlier, it should have been this year after the PO tour but we/they gave it to her with a year of advance, that's it. And probably because of that award Carrie put all her effort on the tour.

Concert Stars
    It is obvious who is going to win. EOTY will be SWSRN, and Female will be Miranda. It is better not to get our hopes up this year. They snubbed Carrie so badly that I can't see them giving her anything.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ I agree. I thought CMA would AT LEAST give carrie female vocalist not only because she's MOST DESERVING but also because she was SNUBBED SO BADLY but alas, carrie wasn't even awarded even 0.0003 of what little she could have gotten but walked out empty handed 2nd year in the row.
    I love that some of you are still optimistic about it but I'm just going to brace myself for a sweep from miranda and taylor and carrie walking out negative so I won't be setting myself up for disappointment.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    It is obvious who is going to win. EOTY will be SWSRN, and Female will be Miranda. It is better not to get our hopes up this year. They snubbed Carrie so badly that I can't see them giving her anything.
    I hope not. Country award shows haven't been as kind to Taylor since the Grammys, and I actually think it's pretty obvious the category was opened for Brad.

Whether Brad or Taylor wins, we will get to see if the industry or fans have more of a voice.
    Even if Taylor does win, I can see a huge backlash with country fans. People have been complaining about her bribing since she was nominated & I think fans really do see through that. True country fans are seeing right through Taylor and her "motives" in country music.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ taylor has gotten away with many things. she's even WON another award already from ACM so what's stopping her from winning again?
    I really hope what you said will happen but it's already been a LONG time since taylor started her poppping business and bribes (last year they offered limited "RARE" fearless album packages + VID) and she's never gotten backlash for it. very skeptical that this "little" incident will prevent anything form her.
    she's gotten a bit of backlash after grammy but it's certainly isn't holding back on awards or her image as "country" artist

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I hope not. Country award shows haven't been as kind to Taylor since the Grammys, and I actually think it's pretty obvious the category was opened for Brad.

Whether Brad or Taylor wins, we will get to see if the industry or fans have more of a voice.
    Even if Taylor does win, I can see a huge backlash with country fans. People have been complaining about her bribing since she was nominated & I think fans really do see through that. True country fans are seeing right through Taylor and her "motives" in country music.
    I hope there is a backlash, but so far, she seems to be able to get away with doing whatever she wants, whenever she wants, however she wants, and the industry just turns a blind eye. It is almost sickening.

I do think that the people who know she bribed for votes, will be very angry if she wins. But unfortunately, I am not sure that enough people know about her shennanigans to cause a big enough backlash.

I wish someone would mention it at the ACMS. Now that would be a reason to watch. lol

Come on Toby Keith. It has been awhile since we have had a good old fashioned controversy at the country music awards....so maybe it is time to do somthing special.

Concert Stars
    the first line just makes me mad!

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    When I'm at the ACMs on Sunday, I'll scream "CARRIE" when they're about to announce EOTY.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by undrwood9098 View Post
    When I'm at the ACMs on Sunday, I'll scream "CARRIE" when they're about to announce EOTY.
    hope I hear ya!!! REPRESENTING the CARRIE ARMY
    wouldn't be too bad if you can conspire with other carrie fans to have those screams all over. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I really just don't have any desire to watch this crapfest this year.
    Same, I realize I am bitter, but I don't care. Thankfully another crapfest (Celebrity Apprentice) will hold my attention.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I really have no interest either. I know people get left out every yr but it seems so obvious w/ Carrie of course this may be a bias opinion on my part.

Concert Stars
    I think the ACM rep makes a good point about "not being happy with the outcome of nominees".
    I would imagine if I was putting on a huge country award show and I wanted the most people possible to watch, I would certainly have Underwood in the running for top honors.
    But he is probably right in that he has no way of changing that outcome.
    It is very possible (as he said) that it was just assumed by many that Carrie would just automatically be voted for, so individually they didn't.
    But the Toby Keith thing makes it all seem way too suspect.
    Back to only 6 and throw in Toby and you suddenly have a very strange turn of events.
    Oh well, I am am still confident that Sony intentionally pushed for Lambert and Brad in hopes for a win for Brad.
    So regardless of how you slice it, I just don't like any part of it.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast