Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Carrie Guru

Fisher trade ruins plans for charity date with couple

Mike Fisher broke the hearts of many Ottawa Senators fans when he was traded away.

I guess it is my cynical nature but are these people trying to pull a fast one?

awww poor girl

Concert Stars
    What? No, like the woman said, the dinner might have happened if they didn't ask for the money back.

Concert Stars
    Kind of a non story.
    I mean this seems pretty out of Carries hands.
    I don't think she should be made to feel bad about something that was not her doing in the first place.
    Maybe she can give the family free tickets to a concert with a meet and greet.,

Ottawa Citizen always with the uplifting Carrie news!

Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post
    What? No, like the woman said, the dinner might have happened if they didn't ask for the money back.
    Make that would have happened. The article says Mike and Carrie had committed to it and a date it the summer would have worked, which makes sense - after Mike's season is done.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieFan_01's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post

I guess it is my cynical nature but are these people trying to pull a fast one?

If you're cynical, then so am I. I mean, the article flat out says they were still working on a date when they decided they just wanted a refund..

And the stupid quote: Now, Carrie Underwood has crushed the dream of an Ottawa girl who was set to have a private dinner with the country superstar.

It wasn't Carrie's fault.
    Last edited by CarrieFan_01; 03-18-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Kind of a non story.
    I don't think she should be made to feel bad about something that was not her doing in the first place.
    I don't think it's their responsibility to do anything for the family.

Essentially, the family asked for a refund on their charity donation. I feel bad for the Sens Foundation, not the family who had $24,000 to spend on this in the first place. lol

His daughter would have met Carrie if he hadn't asked for a refund. He shouldn't be trying to make Carrie feel bad about it, she didn't do anything wrong.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan_01 View Post
    If your cynical, then so am I. I mean, the article flat out says they were still working on a date when they decided they just wanted a refund..

And the stupid quote: Now, Carrie Underwood has crushed the dream of an Ottawa girl who was set to have a private dinner with the country superstar.

It wasn't Carrie's fault.
    Oh good. I'm glad I'm not the only one. And it appears to me that they're trying to guilt Carrie into getting something for free. (and btw, I find those Ottawa citizen writers are always phrasing things about Carrie in a negative light) I feel sorry for the little girl though. Her parents only need to cough up the price of an FC membership and she might get to meet Carrie then.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I hate how the Citizen portrays Carrie. It seems like they always want to blame her for everything, or say something that will get overzealous Predators fans to bash her.

Carrie had nothing to do with this, and has nothing to do with Mike's career. It seemed to me that the Citizen is trying to spin this as if the cancellation is Mike and Carrie's fault, when the parents are too blame. I'm sure Carrie and Mike would've been happy to meet with this girl; they never would've agreed to do it if they weren't interested.

I also agree the article is so negative, how could people read this and not believe Carrie & Mike need to do something??

The girl's parents are the ones who pulled out of the dinner- Carrie & Mike were still making an effort to arrange the dinner, and I'm sure they would have.
    It makes me sad to hear the Citizen constantly trying to blame Mike & Carrie for things that are entirely out of their control.
    No wonder they stay away from gossip/networking; it's so negative, it's practically slanderous.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The people who gave the money for the dinner are just trying to bring negative attention to the situation. The foundation has said they would have done everything possible to make it happen if the family hadn't asked for a refund on their donation.
    Unfortunately, Carrie and Mike are public figures, and the media loves to use every opportunity to drag such people through the mud. We know Carrie and Mike are incredibly charitable people who would make this dinner work out for that girl. That is all that matters...not this media nonsense.
    I think we should ignore the negativity.

just another fan

if this happened to a dying girl who's wish was to meet carrie through the sens foundation but now can't because of the trade...

but this is because her rich daddy wanted his $24,000 back. who's to blame for this?

i read somewhere that the Sens organization doesn't really do interviews with one of the main ottawa papers anymore (either citizen or sun). i can't remember which one. i guess its the citizen

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Kind of a non story.
    give?!?! carrie doesn't owe them anything. this family got their $24,000 back. no one owes them anything. the only one who owes something is the rich daddy who owes his girl an apology

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I don't think it's their responsibility to do anything for the family.

Essentially, the family asked for a refund on their charity donation. I feel bad for the Sens Foundation, not the family who had $24,000 to spend on this in the first place. lol

His daughter would have met Carrie if he hadn't asked for a refund. He shouldn't be trying to make Carrie feel bad about it, she didn't do anything wrong.
    exactly. what an idiot. with his request for a refund, the sens foundation has to give back money (and i'm betting the new donation this daddy made is nowhere close to $24,000), and he shatters his girl's dream.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Oh good. I'm glad I'm not the only one. And it appears to me that they're trying to guilt Carrie into getting something for free. (and btw, I find those Ottawa citizen writers are always phrasing things about Carrie in a negative light) I feel sorry for the little girl though. Her parents only need to cough up the price of an FC membership and she might get to meet Carrie then.
    exactly. both the citizen and this rich daddy are trying to guilt carrie and mike into giving something. despicable. for all we know this reporter is also a friend of the rich daddy. or he made a donation to the citizen

damn. i'm pissed, way more than the snubs at the award shows. don't ask me why... lol

Concert Stars
    I just can't get over someone paying 24,000 dollars for their kid to have dinner with Carrie. (Even if it didn't end up happening) I'm pretty sure even if my parents were filthy rich they still wouldn't spend 24,000 dollars for me to have dinner with Carrie. They probably laugh in my face.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    damn. i'm pissed, way more than the snubs at the award shows. don't ask me why... lol
    It's very easy to be really upset about this. Because in the end, forget Carrie and Mike, forget the girl who wanted to meet Carrie, it's those kids at the Roger's House that lose in all of this, and that makes me mad, and really sad.

just another fan

I just can't get over someone paying 24,000 dollars for their kid to have dinner with Carrie. (Even if it didn't end up happening) I'm pretty sure even if my parents were filthy rich they still wouldn't spend 24,000 dollars for me to have dinner with Carrie. They probably laugh in my face.
    if he has no problem spending $24,000 on this. this girl is probably going to get several gifts from her daddy that will be worth thousands of dollars in the futire

It's very easy to be really upset about this. Because in the end, forget Carrie and Mike, forget the girl who wanted to meet Carrie, it's those kids at the Roger's House that lose in all of this, and that makes me mad, and really sad.
    This this this. So much.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    So, so true. Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in everything. My issue isn't with Mike, Carrie, the Senators or the people who paid the money. My issue is that the Citizen deliberately seemed to word the article so that the wrong people (Mike & Carrie) are given press they don't deserve. If this article actually put the responsibility on the father who disappointed his daughter AND let down a charity that was probably counting on the donation to do some great things for them, there would be no problem, in my eyes.

But this article was obviously written in a specific style to make Carrie look like a b****, and it's not right, in any way, shape or form.

I agree...it's sad, very sad.

Concert Stars
    The father is an idiot! ...and the newspaper is close behind!!

ok explain to me why mike cannot stick up for carrie..i mean go to the paper or what ever and say layoff of carrie it is not her fault!!!! If he has and i missed it then i am sorry for this reply!

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast