Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Concert Stars
    ^^^Mike has stuck up for Carrie when they blamed her for the trade. At the end of the day, they will write what they want. It's not worth Mike and Carrie even responding. I guess I'm not upset by this like some because anybody that reads this can see it's not their fault that it never worked out especially when the father asked for a refund and got his money back. Both parties seemed like they couldn't work out a schedule that worked best for both involved, especially when the trade happened. Seems like Mike and Carrie tried to make it happen this summer after the trade but I guess the father couldn't wait that long or maybe had something else planned for the summer instead. Mike and Carrie live in another country now and Mike has to attend his games/practices in this hockey season and not be flying to Canada for a dinner. When the hockey season is over, which it would be by the summer, then that would have been perfect to make the meeting happen then but w/ the father getting his money back, they aren't obligated to do anything now. The father should just do like the rest of us and join the fan club (surely he could afford it as it seems like he isn't strapped for money...lol) and try winning his daughter a meet and greet w/ Carrie instead if it means that much to her to meet Carrie. At least the other couple that donated got to have their dinner w/ Carrie and Mike
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 03-19-2011 at 11:36 AM.

That rich daddy asked for refunding of the 24K even though efforts are still being done to schedule the dinner. So it was the rich daddy who essentially crushed his little girl's dream, not Carrie!!!! What the heck is wrong with these people for writing this article in the first place???

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie08 View Post
    ok explain to me why mike cannot stick up for carrie..i mean go to the paper or what ever and say layoff of carrie it is not her fault!!!! If he has and i missed it then i am sorry for this reply!
    seriously?...
    becca T

Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Essentially, the family asked for a refund on their charity donation. I feel bad for the Sens Foundation, not the family who had $24,000 to spend on this in the first place. lol
    Haha, I know right?

Yeah, my heart totally bleeds for this poor little spoiled brat who didn't get her $24,000 dinner with Carrie because her stuck up Daddy couldn't wait a few months. *sarcasm*

When I was first reading the article, I thought it was actually Carrie and Mike not compromising on a date. But when I ready further about the guy asking for his money back, I realized it was HIS fault. I love how they blame Carrie for this.

I'm sure she was the one who sabotaged this idea! *sarcasm again*

^^Love the sarcasm, lol

I am so over this crap! These people want a refund back on something that was for charity and Carrie and Mike are somehow the bad guys? Yeah that doesn't quite add up for me!

Concert Stars
    wow this is just so sad in so many ways!

wow, I feel bad for the foundation, and Carrie as well....

she's getting dragged along this little mishap, and now the newspaper is making a big deal out of it.

you know what, I think it's kinda immature that the father asked for a refund.. like what are you trying to imply to the people?! that you're just donating so that you'll get to see famous people and not really help those people who are less fortunate. I mean come on, for me, it's not about the dinner anymore, it's about giving what you can, and if you're just gonna take back what you gave, then why the heck did you even give it in the first place? and now Carrie's getting blamed. for a billionth time, it's not Carrie's fault that Mike was traded. Blame the people who did! Carrie wasn't the one going on press conferences to tell the whole media, "Oh I want Mike to be on Nashville so we could be together"

I think the world has come to an end! may God help us!

*sorry for the rant*

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyLovesCarrie View Post
    Haha, I know right?

Yeah, my heart totally bleeds for this poor little spoiled brat who didn't get her $24,000 dinner with Carrie because her stuck up Daddy couldn't wait a few months. *sarcasm*

When I was first reading the article, I thought it was actually Carrie and Mike not compromising on a date. But when I ready further about the guy asking for his money back, I realized it was HIS fault. I love how they blame Carrie for this.

I'm sure she was the one who sabotaged this idea! *sarcasm again*
    come on. Do i think the dad's an ass for refunding money for CHARITY bc he didnt get his was? yes. but we dont kno the little girl.
    becca T

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    damn. i'm pissed, way more than the snubs at the award shows. don't ask me why... lol
    I was pissed too. Originally I wasn't going to post this here but I needed others to be pissed along with me. lol! In part, it's really bugging me because I've been to Ottawa several times and it's a wonderful city and the people are really nice but between that ignorant radio station who pretended to ban Carrie's music and this Ottawa citizen article (not to mention that Montreal incident), it's like giving Carrie every reason to be happy she doesn't have to live in Canada anymore. As a Canadian, this makes me sad.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    [QUOTE=diva101;4147699]wow, I feel bad for the foundation, and Carrie as well....

she's getting dragged along this little mishap, and now the newspaper is making a big deal out of it.

you know what, I think it's kinda immature that the father asked for a refund.. like what are you trying to imply to the people?! that you're just donating so that you'll get to see famous people and not really help those people who are less fortunate. I mean come on, for me, it's not about the dinner anymore, it's about giving what you can, and if you're just gonna take back what you gave, then why the heck did you even give it in the first place? and now Carrie's getting blamed. for a billionth time, it's not Carrie's fault that Mike was traded. Blame the people who did! Carrie wasn't the one going on press conferences to tell the whole media, "Oh I want Mike to be on Nashville so we could be together"

I think the world has come to an end! may God help us!

I totally agree with you, 100%. I'm American, but I constantly hear things about how Canadians have a reputation for being some of the nicest people around. The Canadian press should be absolutely ashamed about how they are treating Mike & Carrie. They didn't deserve the classy goodbye letter Mike gave them.

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I totally agree with you, 100%. I'm American, but I constantly hear things about how Canadians have a reputation for being some of the nicest people around. The Canadian press should be absolutely ashamed about how they are treating Mike & Carrie. They didn't deserve the classy goodbye letter Mike gave them.

the letter is to the fans of the ottawa senators, not to this daddy, his daughter or to the ottawa press.

Okay, seriously guys? Canada is a HUGE place. Please don't blame all of Canada for the stupidity of a few people in Ottawa. And those few people do not even represent Ottawa. Most people in Ottawa absolutely loved Carrie, but of course that doesn't get as much attention as the negative things.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Ottawa will always be a special place for Mike especially and Carrie as well I would think. Her concert sold out well so sounds like they like her just fine.

Concert Stars
    Just because he was traded doesnt mean they couldnt take one night to have dinner with a fan that paid 24 grand....not sayin its their fault, but idk seems like they could have fit something in. They cant both be THAT busy to the point that they cant go to dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by cabsmd View Post
    Just because he was traded doesnt mean they couldnt take one night to have dinner with a fan that paid 24 grand....not sayin its their fault, but idk seems like they could have fit something in. They cant both be THAT busy to the point that they cant go to dinner.
    The point is, they WERE trying to work out a date. Mike plays a game practically every other day, and on the days he doesn't have a game he has practice. It would have been easier if he were still in Ottawa, but since he got traded to Nashville, he can't exactly be flying all the way back to Ottawa right now for a dinner, especially when his team is in a heated race to make the playoffs. When the hockey season is over, in the summer (or earlier depending on if the Preds make the playoffs or not), I'm sure it would have been much easier to work out a date that worked for both Carrie and Mike and the family.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Guys, Ottawa obviously forgave Carrie. Her concert for the Country festival there sold out already. Chill out...

Concert Stars
    I'm glad Carrie is back in Nashville where she belongs with Mike. A lot of these Ottawa writers are really harsh towards Carrie and try to make her out to be so horrible. I am glad she isn't their and is back home where we all love and support her.

Quote Originally Posted by cpeTN89 View Post
    I'm glad Carrie is back in Nashville where she belongs with Mike. A lot of these Ottawa writers are really harsh towards Carrie and try to make her out to be so horrible. I am glad she isn't their and is back home where we all love and support her.
    You make it sound like all of Ottawa hates Carrie. Which isn't even close to the truth. It's just a few ridiculous writers at the Ottawa Citizen.

Btw, there are Nashville writers who say rude things about Carrie too. That doesn't mean all of Nashville hates Carrie.

Junior Carrie Follower kaileigh's Avatar
    I feel sorry for that girl, but it's not Carrie's fault...

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast