Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood Still Avoids Social Media Sites

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Carrie Underwood, nor her husband Mike Fisher, do not have a Facebook or Twitter account. The future of her having one does not look promising either.

Last week during CRS, Albright & O’Malley asked Carrie if the status of social networks remained the same. Carrie confirmed that neither “she nor Mike are not on any social media sites”. Carrie did mention that the fan page is the only official Facebook entity that is ran by the record label.

Carrie revealed to ABC’s Good Morning America last summer why she does not use social media. "I personally don't find it that necessary for me," she added. "I am technologically -- I don't want to say challenged, because I can do all the basics, but I'm not into it. And some people are into it and they have fun with it and that's awesome. I'm glad people can find some happy by telling people what they had for lunch."

Carrie mention to Albright & O’Malley that she knows of several fake sites and that her only concern is that “they are offering chances for meet & greets and concert tickets.”

Link to article: Today's Country Online from A&O: Carrie Underwood Still Avoids Social Media Sites

I don't blame Carrie at all...I used to be so not for facebook, and now I have one (mainly just to stay in touch with friends, vote online for Idol, etc.), lol!

Concert Stars
    They've got enough aggravation as it is! They don't need more!

I think it would be beneficial for her team to have an official twitter page, like they have an official facebook page. It doesn't need to be Carrie herself who runs it, but it'd be a good idea to have an official one imo. Might discourage some of the fakes, too.

Concert Stars
    The grammar police in my head won't let me continue without mentioning that awful first sentence, lol.

But I don't blame her. I don't get the attraction either, particularly with Twitter. I mean, I get why people do it, but I wouldn't if I were in her position, hah. As if.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Carrie Underwood, nor her husband Mike Fisher, do not have a Facebook or Twitter account. The future of her having one does not look promising either.
    talk about BAD grammer.....

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I don't blame Carrie at all...I used to be so not for facebook, and now I have one (mainly just to stay in touch with friends, vote online for Idol, etc.), lol!
    I am the same way I have a page just to keep in touch with out of town friends and family that are so spread out unlike long distance phone calls its free.

Concert Stars
    yeah I dont blame her at all for this...

Concert Stars
    I just wish we had FREE, direct contact with Carrie just like every other fan base... it upsets me that you have to be an exclusive member of a corrupt, tyrannical fan club just to be able to see her blogs (the only reason I'm a part of the fan club.)
    I would love to be able to just tweet Carrie when I see and/or hear something or just want to say "hi"... But whatever, I still hope she'll come around to the 21st century

Concert Stars
    I <3 double negatives!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    The grammar police in my head won't let me continue without mentioning that awful first sentence, lol.

But I don't blame her. I don't get the attraction either, particularly with Twitter. I mean, I get why people do it, but I wouldn't if I were in her position, hah. As if.
    Quote Originally Posted by knewman19 View Post
    talk about BAD grammer.....
    I had to read that 3 times. It is unbelievable. I doubt Carrie actually said that quote that way. She was a journalism major.

Concert Stars
    I would be for allowing someone else to run it for her if she liked. I do see a usefulness to it. But I am definately the kind of person that thinks a person is intitled to their privacy at all cost.
    I don't actually anwer my phone. I wait to see who it is and decide if I want to pick it up or not.
    This upsets many people in my life but the fact is there should never be a situation where I do not decide for myself what I want to bring into my life.
    Even if it is just a conversation.
    We have chosen a very private person to be interested in. Some of us still need to get used to that. It does not make her a bad person.
    The truth is, if any one of us had millions of people vying for our attention, we would probably want to crawl in a hole and pull the hole down over us. IT would be scary.
    And I just don't think Carrie likes it all that much when she is trying to be private and "normal".
    Some people "who shall remain nameless" crave attention and bath in the assumptions that millions of people "care" about them. The feed and thrive on it.
    That is not Carrie.
    We best just get used to it.
    Carrie is doing this on her terms. And her terms are No public access during my private time. Period!
    And with a husband like she has I don't blame her.

Carrie is a private person and i think we all know that.

Concert Stars
    I think Carrie is seeing the bad side of twitter rather then the advantages and benefits. I wish her team would operate one for her. Lots of artists do that and the team runs the account, using it for tour notices, ticket sales, album promo, etc.

I wish Carrie would change her position, at least on twitter. Twitter is HUGE and even Obama has an account. I feel she is making a mistake by not having one. She does not interact with any fans outside the paid fanclub site, and I think that hurts her alot.

Concert Stars
    Honestly, I'm fine with her not having a twitter. She already does enough for us! Also, did a 5 year old write the article? I couldn't read the article without wanting to fix it myself even though it's not my site.

Concert Stars
    She's amazing! Thanks for posting! I don't blame her one bit!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by m.chill99 View Post
    Honestly, I'm fine with her not having a twitter. She already does enough for us! Also, did a 5 year old write the article? I couldn't read the article without wanting to fix it myself even though it's not my site.
    She does plenty for us fanclub members, I agree. I just feel that it would be to her advantage to reach out to the nonfanclub members sometimes-- as that is how you gain more lifelong fans. There are lots of Carrei fans out there who are not fanclub members, that would love to hear from her-- and Carrie might even get more sales and buzz by reaching out to nonfanclub members. It is a win win.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Although it'd be cool for Carrie to have other ways of reaching out to her fans, I can see why she avoids social networks. People can be downright cruel & say things they wouldn't say to someone's face. There are so many crazy people out there, and I'm sure these celebrities open themselves up to very hurtful, hateful things from non-fans.

Carrie seems to be a sensitive person & can get emotional a lot; I could see how it'd be tough for her to brush off some of the hateful things people could say to her everyday.
    Plus, she has said she doesn't know much about technology, and doesn't really enjoy using it; I just couldn't see her wanting to use Twitter.

I do think she could benefit by having the label start a Twitter, but in the end, it's her choice. She's a private, quiet person who doesn't seem to want to be involved with negativity or waste her time with technology she doesn't like/care to use.

In other words, Carrie hates Twitter, and Twitter hates Carrie. It stands for everything she hates.

Hopefully by album promo time the label will start an official twitter. I think it would be really beneficial to have an official page for album promo, tour info, etc, like Tee said. Carrie herself doesn't have to do anything on it, but I think it's a mistake for the label to not have an official one at least. Twitter is huge, and it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Concert Stars
    I see both sides of this, and I am sure that people on Carries team have probably even suggested they would start and run one for her.
    But I just don't think sh wants even the image of her being that public a person out there.
    What if her family and friends think it is her but it is not?
    If she is just not interested, than that is pretty much that.
    In alot of ways Carrie can be rather contradictory. She is living a life that is very public on the surface but just beneath is a very private person who just wants to be a singer and have a private and a public life.
    We today are so used to public figures who feed on the publics attention that it is hard to imagine that you can have an artist as big as Carrie who just does not want to be a slave to our attention.
    In a certain sense are we not transfering what we see certain other celebrities doing onto Carrie?
    That would be a mistake.
    Carrie is nothing like so many of the media hungry attention getting young celebrities out there.
    She just wants to sing.
    And she wants to be good at it.
    And I think she wants people to recognize her for that.
    It does not require a twitter account to have that.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast