Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Boot - Top 10 Country Songs That Aren't Singles ... Yet (Carrie mention)

Top 10 Country Songs That Aren't Singles ... Yet
    Posted by Cory Stromblad

When a recording artist finishes making an album, it isn't necessarily up to him or her as to which songs on the project will be released to radio. With the average album containing 12 songs and only three or four given the radio single treatment, sometimes potential hits go unheard. We present The Boot's picks for the top 10 tracks (from current albums) that haven't been radio singles ... yet. Listen below, and then let us know your own picks for songs you'd like to hear on the airwaves!

And at number 1, SWISLY!!!! :

'Someday When I Stop Loving You'
    Carrie Underwood
    Few vocalists are able to convey pure emotion quite as effectively as Carrie. Her latest album produced the in-your-face smashes 'Cowboy Casanova' and 'Undo It,' but the album's true strength lies in its quieter moments. 'Someday When I Stop Loving You,' which rivals as Carrie's best vocal performance, is an exquisite country ballad that confirms she is one of the most gifted singers of her generation.
    Top 10 Country Songs That Aren't Singles ... Yet - The Boot

Concert Stars
    See, that literally breaks my heart.
    I actually got goosebumps when I read that.
    It's true, she is one of the most gifted singers of our generation. And a song like SWISLY is proof not only of her singing ability but of her love for country music. And yet UI gets released and ML gets called a true country artist. Frustratng.

I have always liked Someday When I Stop Loving You, I have just always felt that it was too slow for radio...jmo...

Concert Stars
    IT NEEDS TO BE RELEASED! Ughhhh.... it'd be like THTBM for Carrie

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I lovelovelove SWISLY but I just cant imagine it as a single for some reason, plus WCIS is my favorite Carrie song ever so I guess I dont want anything else to be a single until thats released. But that's amazing that its number 1!

Concert Stars
    I think I was waiting for SWISLY to do for summer sales what ITYS did.
    ITYS was not really "single material" either, but the performance itself, that indefinable something that makes you listen so closely when Carrie sings is in SWISLY just like it is with ITYS. It would have done really well. And radio would have loved it. And I do believe that, just like ITYS, it would have reminded critics that Carrie is an exceptional singer and they should show more respect.

My longing to have SWISLY released as a single was reawakened when Carrie sang it live at the Opry. Sigh.....

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    So neat this was put out by The Boot!! Why can't the radios decide to play it on their own?!?! Do they have to have some kind of permission?

Sigh.........................................

Yeah, I really hope they make some changes in the way they decide singles next era. CC and TH were amazing songs, UI was a fun summer song and a huge hit, but I would like to see singles put out that reflect the true quality of the album and showcase different sounds (vocally and musically) for Carrie. I think a slower song like SWISLY would have been a huge hit on radio, because it's simply a fantastic song that both critics and fans have fallen in love with.

Has there ever been another Carrie song that both critics and fans seem to love equally? JTTW maybe?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Again as we all have said why couldn't the label release a 5th single from PO. I personally think both WCIS or SWISLY could have been released and I would have been happy with either one. I still say if WCIS had been released I think this song would really have taken off and I think it certaintly would have increase album sales. Seriously, sometimes I think we fans could better make decisions on which singles should be released than the label. To me it is just a shame that there are these two great singles that will not be released.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    See, that literally breaks my heart.
    I actually got goosebumps when I read that.
    It's true, she is one of the most gifted singers of our generation. And a song like SWISLY is proof not only of her singing ability but of her love for country music. And yet UI gets released and ML gets called a true country artist. Frustratng.

what he said!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Yeah, I really hope they make some changes in the way they decide singles next era. CC and TH were amazing songs, UI was a fun summer song and a huge hit, but I would like to see singles put out that reflect the true quality of the album and showcase different sounds (vocally and musically) for Carrie. I think a slower song like SWISLY would have been a huge hit on radio, because it's simply a fantastic song that both critics and fans have fallen in love with.

Has there ever been another Carrie song that both critics and fans seem to love equally? JTTW maybe?
    I think Just A Dream from Carnvial Ride was another one. Although for me personally I liked IKYW better than JAD.

Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    I think Just A Dream from Carnvial Ride was another one. Although for me personally I liked IKYW better than JAD.
    I actually didn't get the sense that JAD was as respected by the critics as I thought it deserved to be. But the fans definitely loved it (and IKYW).

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I have always liked Someday When I Stop Loving You, I have just always felt that it was too slow for radio...jmo...
    I don't think so. There are a number of slow songs on radio now (e.g. Hello World). I hope it gets released... please Sony/Carrie!!!

Concert Stars
    I think that the moment is lost now and it's best NOT to release a 5th single!!!! I am still upset that SWISLY was not released ans that song is just beautiful... Maybe it will be a lead single on GREATEST HIT ALBUM!!!

Concert Stars
    wow that's cool to know!

Concert Stars
    It's just sad!!!

Concert Stars
    Ya know sometimes life just isnt fair and this is one of those times!*
    Obviously the label is in utter disaray and Carries career is suffering a little thats for sure!! Another factor is Carrie puts out such deep albums that almost any track could be a single!! Instead of a greatest hits album they should realease a album titled DEEP TRACKS!! With songs like IAICA,SWG,IKYW,YWFT,SWISLY
    WCIS!!!! It would dwarf most artists greastest hits albums!!!*

Concert Stars
    I'd sure go for that!!!!

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast