Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood and the Opry

Sunday, March 6, 2011
    Carrie Underwood and the Opry

I just wanted to post a couple of comments regarding Carrie Underwood and the Opry. As all of you know, this past weekend, she did 2 Opry shows on Friday night and she is scheduled for another appearance on March 26, which is a Saturday night with 2 shows. That will give her 4 Opry appearances in 2011.

Since joining the Opry in 2008, a year in which she appeared on the Opry stage 9 times, she has appeared at the Opry 10 times in 2009 and 6 times in 2010. She is also the featured voice in the new Opry video that is show prior to each show at the Grand Ole Opry House.

Carrie is probably one of the top five stars in country music today and is very busy with her touring and recording. While it might not seem like her number of Opry appearances is very high, I still congratulate her on continuing to appear at the Opry even as her career continues to take off.

Link to rest of article/blog:
    Fayfare's Opry Blog: Carrie Underwood and the Opry

Concert Stars
    Nice comments of Carrie. Glad she continues to support the Opry. Hopefully she will do more shows there if she can.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool that they added Carrie to perform at the Opry again in March 26. Carrie loves performing at the Opry

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Since Carrie is mostly going to be working on her album is Nashville this year and Mike is now in Nashville too, I expect Carrie to make a lot of Opry appearances this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Since Carrie is mostly going to be working on her album is Nashville this year and Mike is now in Nashville too, I expect Carrie to make a lot of Opry appearances this year.
    Yeah, I agree!

Concert Stars
    I'd love to see that Opry video that Carrie is featured in!!!

Junior Carrie Follower kaileigh's Avatar
    Great that she'll be in the show at the end of this month. I think she'll appear a lot of times in Opry this year, as we all know this is just the early 2011. So to sum up, congratulations to Carrie!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Me too! I hope someone will post that video on YouTube someday.

Concert Stars
    wonderful comments!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Agree! -- and it's no doubt part of Carrie's ultimate 2011 plan. During the Play On Tour, she took the Opry with her to "her stage". This year, she will promote the Opry from its stage. Love it!! More opportunity for everyone to see Carrie at the Opry! Win-win situation!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I am thinking that Glenn7 is going to be spending a lot of money with the Opry this year!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    I am thinking that Glenn7 is going to be spending a lot of money with the Opry this year!!
    I'm thinking he's not the only one! I moved to TN last year and have yet to get to see Carrie at the Opry! Seems that my chances increase exponentially this year!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Hoping so Robin. Going back 26th of March for sure. They sold standing room only for the 1st show last Fri. night. Only 1 show was org.'ly sch'd and they added a 2nd. Even Blake Shelton comment'd Fri. that this was the largest crowd ever at the Opry. The re-model for the Opry House after the flood looks great, better sound, more comfortable seats, still smells of paint/stain etc. It is amazing cause it is still so desolate out there with all the mall still closed with a high chain link fence surrounding the huge mall, nothing open except Bass Pro Shop. I ask'd security, Opry peeps, & cops if they knew when the mall would re-open and they all said maybe some stores in the mall by summer. They are building a huge concrete wall next to the river to keep it from flooding in the future.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Thanks for the info Glenn. I wonder if the wall will really work? Is it all along the river? Water is tricky, . We had a flat roof on our last house. I have bad memories about water.

Concert Stars
    Glenn -- I went for a tour in October. It doesn't look like there's a bad seat in the house. Correct? Any seating recommendations? Thanks!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Wonderful comments. Carrie has a total appreciation for the heritage of the Opry. She considered it a true honor to be asked to be a member - didn't take it lightly and it shows. I love her love for the opry! Just gives us fans more to love and respect about her!! She never disappoints! I have to remember not to put her on a pedastal - she is human!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Agree! -- and it's no doubt part of Carrie's ultimate 2011 plan. During the Play On Tour, she took the Opry with her to "her stage". This year, she will promote the Opry from its stage. Love it!! More opportunity for everyone to see Carrie at the Opry! Win-win situation!
    Oh Gator I just have to thank you for the lovely way you said this! And its so truth.

If some consider Brad the unofficial spokesperson of the Opry or the 'King' of the Opry, then Carrie is surely the 'Queen' with how many times she performs there each year. I also find it interesting that Carrie sometimes gets the knock for not being 'country enough' yet of the modern day or current stars in country music that are Opry members, Carrie is the one who has performed there the most. This fact just makes me shake my head!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Me too! I hope someone will post that video on YouTube someday.
    Me three!!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for the info Glenn. I wonder if the wall will really work? Is it all along the river? Water is tricky, . We had a flat roof on our last house. I have bad memories about water.
    I think so Robin. I did not go down past the Gaylord resort to see how far. It seems to me if they are going to all that expense it should protect them.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Glenn -- I went for a tour in October. It doesn't look like there's a bad seat in the house. Correct? Any seating recommendations? Thanks!
    Not a bad seat in the house realy. Call the Opry direct to get seats and you get better seats. Of course first few rows in front of stage are great cause Carrie sees ya face to face. Also if they are not filming you get to go to the front of the stage if you are quick, you have to get down on your knees, but you get great pic,'s, you can hand Carrie gifts, get awesome Carrie waves and smiles and most times if you are stage rt. she gives the fans a hand slap as she is leaving the stage. There is nothing else in this world better tahn Carrie at the Opry. PS 1st row Balcony are great too!!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast