Concert Stars

The Carrie Underwood Effect: How Canada Can Protect HockeyStars from American Engenue

This is really really funny, actually. lol Thought you might get a laugh. lol

The Carrie Underwood Effect: How Canada can protect hockey stars from American ingenues - 2011-Feb-23 - CultureMap Houston

------little snippet:

But if Canada is still sore about losing their hockey stars to American ingenues, I've got some suggestions.

1. Make hockey players uglier. Once upon a time, no respectable celebrity wanted to marry a hockey player because they were big, boors with bad teeth and a proclivity to violence. Then somewhere between Gretzky, Mike Modano and Henrik Lundqvist, they got a lot hotter. Maybe enforce the wearing of a full beard instead of sexy stubble?

2. Play hard to get. Actresses feed off rejection how else do you explain going through the rigorous audition process?
    So to get them to respect you, Canada, you've got to start acting less desperate and a little more aloof. The next time there's a home game against the Penguins, make Hilary Duff wait 20 minutes for her box tickets and see what happens.

----continues at site..............lol

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's absolutely hilarious, thanks Tee!! .
    My brother used to be a hockey player, so I can agree with so many of these. I'd be so sad if more hockey players were ugly.

Concert Stars
    ha nice...thanks Tee for posting!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Very funny. Carrie will be forever mentioned in all sports news especially if it involves trades and the players. This story is neverending but good for Carrie's esp. there is no music news yet. Anything about Carrie(as long as it's not negative) in the news is ok with me.

Concert Stars
    yeah at least this guy had a funny sense of humor about the whole affair. lol

I just find it quite sad how some people have chosen to react negatively to this. I mean, yeah - it's sad to lose a member of a team you care about, or even a respected member of the community - but people fall in love. They grow up. There's more to life, and sometimes, that means moving somewhere else. When Mike married Carrie, he told God and the rest of the world that his home would be wherever they chose to have one together - as husband and wife. It could have been anywhere. No matter how it happened or where they've ended up - it's obvious something that they - Mike and Carrie - are happy about. And that's the only thing that matters. If Carrie had moved to Canada, I would have respected that and if it ever happens in the future - I would still respect it. At the end of the day, these people are just ordinary people like you and me and no one should tell them what to do/choose any more than anyone should tell you or me to. It's just odd. The whole thing.

Anyway...sorry to go off on a soap box...just haven't commented on the situation yet. Needed to get that out. Glad to see people can find humor in it as well.

•