Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood et al celebrate third decade of Country Cares for St. Jude Kids

Carrie Underwood, Jewel, Randy Owen and hundreds of country music industry and radio professionals celebrate third decade of Country Cares for St. Jude Kids

Country music industry has raised a record $365 million since 1989 to help kids battling deadly diseases

Memphis, Tenn. – January 25, 2010 – Country music artists, industry leaders and radio stations descended on the "Home of the Blues"last week to kick off the annual Country Cares for St. Jude Kids® radio fundraising program. Country Cares unites the music industry and has raised more than $365 million since its inception to help St. Jude Children's Research Hospital® find cures and save children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.

More than 650 participants from across the country attended the seminar, including artists like Carrie Underwood, Jewel, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steve Azar, Danny Gokey, Little Big Town, Darryl Worley, Joe Nichols and Randy Owen of the GRAMMY® Award-winning group ALABAMA. Owen co-founded Country Cares in 1989 after meeting St. Jude founder Danny Thomas, who asked him to spearhead an effort within the country music industry to help cure childhood cancer.

"There's nothing like St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. There's nothing like the St. Jude Country Cares program," Owen said. "This is the most important thing I've done in my life besides take care of my wife and children."

Link to rest of article: Carrie Underwood, Jewel, Randy Owen and hundreds of country music industry and radio professionals celebrate third decade of Country Cares for St. Jude Kids

Concert Stars
    uhoh-- that says 2010. Was this last year, or this year? lol

Ty
    It's old.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah I guess it's from last year

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    DO I see Carrie in the middle of this picture?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Oops, sorry for the old article. The Country Cares for St. Jude Kid’s Radiothon is on February 24 & 25, 2011.

There's a picture of Carrie from last year in this link: Kicker gears up for the Country Cares For St. Jude Kids Radiothon - Kicker 102.5

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Yep, that picture has been around.

Concert Stars
    yes this is old...but love that pic!

•