Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 84
  1. #1
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,545
    Concert Stars

    Did God trade Carrie Underwood's husband

    OFFSTAGE: Did God Trade Carrie Underwood's Husband to Nashville Predators?

  • #2
    Carrie Guru allirishgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ireland & Carriefans
    Posts
    11,613
    Concert Stars
    could you post a link to the article please?

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,783
    Concert Stars
    Nope, the Sens & Predators did that.

  • #4
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    um link??

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars

  • #6
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Just read the article and not the comments.

  • #7
    lab
    lab is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    OFFSTAGE: Did God Trade Carrie Underwood's Husband to Nashville Predators?

    There is a VERSE in the "Old Testament, of the Holy Bible", "Jeremiah 29:11",

    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Carrie quotes this verse in her debut film, "Soul Surfer" during the "Rad Nite" when she was lecturing to the teen members of her church about "PERSPECTIVE". Maybe God HAVE SOMETHING BIGGER PLANNED for "Carrie and Mike". What we all needed to do is "TRUST" ...... and "BELIEVE". In "Romans 8:28", "And we know all things work together for good TO THEM that LOVE GOD, TO THEM who are called according to HIS PURPOSE." This verse is CONDITIONAL. The first and foremost CONDITION of this WONDERFUL PROMISE FROM GOD is that, this promise is ONLY FOR "THOSE WHO LOVE GOD AND FOLLOW HIS PURPOSE." We may not at all times following HIS PURPOSE ...... THE MOMENT WE CONFESS AND REPENT, WE WILL BE THRUST RIGHT BACK INTO THE MIDDLE OF "GOD'S WONDERFUL PROMISE."!!! Yet, many men and women are perishing because they have "A CHOICE" in their lives.

    Carrie and Mike have FAITH IN GOD and LOVE GOD WITH ALL THEIR HEART AND SOUL!!!

  • #8
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Just read the article and not the comments.
    You know some people will read the comments even though past experience has suggested the comments will not be positive lol. I only ever read the articles...the people leaving comments on CMT are usually trolls anyway.

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    Nope, the Sens & Predators did that.
    I think the author could've meant that it could've been something spiritual because Mike & Carrie are very religious, and Mike had made the comment about praying if he was traded, God would send him where he was meant to go.
    Plus, the fact that Carrie lives and works in Nashville could've also been seen as a reason for divine intervention as well.
    That's the impression I got from it.

  • #10
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Why would God meddle with something as important to life as sports to help something as trivial as love?

  • #11
    Junior Carrie Follower CarrieFan928's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    482
    Telling people to ignore the comments will just make people want to read them. lol But they're not that brutal. Just about Carrie not donating to Nashville, which she actually does.

  • #12
    lab
    lab is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post


    I think the author could've meant that it could've been something spiritual because Mike & Carrie are very religious, and Mike had made the comment about praying if he was traded, God would send him where he was meant to go.
    Plus, the fact that Carrie lives and works in Nashville could've also been seen as a reason for divine intervention as well.
    That's the impression I got from it.

    Many missing pieces in the PUZZLE OF LIFE remain firmly clasped in the "FATHER'S HAND". Yet, there is one reason for all the events that happen to us in our lives. Even "Bethany Hamilton" asked Carrie in the film "Soul Surfer", "WHY?" SOMETIMES it is very painful AT THE MOMENT. But, LATER IN OUR LIVES, WE WILL DISCOVER, "WHY?" When all those things have finally been swept away FOR GREATER THINGS, WE WILL JOYFULLY DISCOVER THAT "GOD" IS ALL WE EVER NEED.

  • #13
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Pi314CA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Why would God meddle with something as important to life as sports to help something as trivial as love?
    Christianity is the only religion where God actually desires a relationship with humans. Its all about relationship. In all other religions, their God is distant, not relational, demanding, and unknowable. A precious verse is John 15:14, where Jesus Christ calls Christians his friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by lab View Post
    There is a VERSE in the "Old Testament, of the Holy Bible", "Jeremiah 29:11",

    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Carrie quotes this verse in her debut film, "Soul Surfer" during the "Rad Nite" when she was lecturing to the teen members of her church about "PERSPECTIVE". Maybe God HAVE SOMETHING BIGGER PLANNED for "Carrie and Mike". What we all needed to do is "TRUST" ...... and "BELIEVE". In "Romans 8:28", "And we know all things work together for good TO THEM that LOVE GOD, TO THEM who are called according to HIS PURPOSE." This verse is CONDITIONAL. The first and foremost CONDITION of this WONDERFUL PROMISE FROM GOD is that, this promise is ONLY FOR "THOSE WHO LOVE GOD AND FOLLOW HIS PURPOSE." We may not at all times following HIS PURPOSE ...... THE MOMENT WE CONFESS AND REPENT, WE WILL BE THRUST RIGHT BACK INTO THE MIDDLE OF "GOD'S WONDERFUL PROMISE."!!! Yet, many men and women are perishing because they have "A CHOICE" in their lives.

    Carrie and Mike have FAITH IN GOD and LOVE GOD WITH ALL THEIR HEART AND SOUL!!!
    Please be careful interpreting Scripture! Do not link salvation (since you mention perishing) with loving God. Yes, indeed, believers that love God are in tune with His will and thus are following His purpose. When we do not, we need to confess and repent, like you said. However, tagging on the last sentence that I bolded implies this choice results in perishing if one does not follow this. That is NOT TRUE. Romans 8:28 applies only to believers. Believers can not lose their salvation!

    After reading the article, it's clear that Mike let God 'take the wheel' by submitting to where ever God places him. God is a loving, caring personal God. God orchestrates all things in the lives of His children. "For we are Godís handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10).

  • #14
    Carrie Guru Jade_kt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    21,347
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Just read the article and not the comments.
    Don't worry it's basically one troll repeating the same thing a hundred times just in different words under several usernames. He/she could at least change their point up so it doesn't look so obvious its the same person in each post...lol. GAC and CMT have really gone downhill if that is even more possible. I stopped going to CMT a long time ago because of the bias articles but seems like I haven't missed much going back especially w/ the troll (s) there and lack of professionalism/moderating. Good thing I can just get all my Carrie news on here instead I mainly go on GAC or CMT to just vote for Carrie's videos. Otherwise I generally stay off there unless an article is posted here.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 02-19-2011 at 11:23 PM.

  • #15
    Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,889
    Concert Stars
    I'm fed up with those comments. I left some comments on there.

    I'm just so done with CMT and their lack of moderation, and that goes the same for GAC. The only problem with GAC is that they don't have any contacts to talk to (from what I know).

  • #16
    Carrie Guru Jade_kt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    21,347
    Concert Stars
    ^^^I agree. I think that is why she gets as much flack as she does especially since she is very open about her faith and thanks God at every award show and sings about God/Jesus. Definitely not the popular or kewl thing to do or stance to have especially for celebrities or hollywood crowd. But Carrie continues to do it and to be open about it. Same as Mike.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 02-19-2011 at 11:21 PM.

  • #17
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Why would God meddle with something as important to life as sports to help something as trivial as love?
    Well, your view of why that could (or couldn't) be the case probably depends on your personal beliefs, so it's not something with a concrete answer.
    Personally, I believe faith plays a role in everything- thus nothing is too trivial to rely on religious beliefs.
    A lot of people don't believe that though, and that would cause them to believe something different.
    Judging by how open Carrie & Mike are open with their faith, I wouldn't be surprised if they did rely on their beliefs to help come to terms with big changes in their lives.
    I'm sorry if that doesn't make a ton of sense, but I trying to explain my opinion without getting too personal; I know everyone has different beliefs, and I certainly want to respect that.

  • #18
    lab
    lab is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Christianity is the only religion where God actually desires a relationship with humans. Its all about relationship. In all other religions, their God is distant, not relational, demanding, and unknowable. A precious verse is John 15:14, where Jesus Christ calls Christians his friends.



    Please be careful interpreting Scripture! Do not link salvation (since you mention perishing) with loving God. Yes, indeed, believers that love God are in tune with His will and thus are following His purpose. When we do not, we need to confess and repent, like you said. However, tagging on the last sentence that I bolded implies this choice results in perishing if one does not follow this. That is NOT TRUE. Romans 8:28 applies only to believers. Believers can not lose their salvation!

    After reading the article, it's clear that Mike let God 'take the wheel' by submitting to where ever God places him. God is a loving, caring personal God. God orchestrates all things in the lives of His children. "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10).

    I agree with you!!! I should have added, after that sentence, "So, regarding salvation, God's will is not being done in the lives of many people." And I was referring to "Second Peter 3:9" in that LAST SENTENCE, which makes clear statement that the Lord is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." Yet, many men and women are perishing because they have a choice. So, regarding salvation, God's will is not being done in the lives of many people. THANKS, FOR POINTING THAT OUT.
    Last edited by lab; 02-20-2011 at 12:41 AM.

  • #19
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Christianity is the only religion where God actually desires a relationship with humans. Its all about relationship. In all other religions, their God is distant, not relational, demanding, and unknowable. A precious verse is John 15:14, where Jesus Christ calls Christians his friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

    Well, your view of why that could (or couldn't) be the case probably depends on your personal beliefs, so it's not something with a concrete answer.
    Personally, I believe faith plays a role in everything- thus nothing is too trivial to rely on religious beliefs.
    A lot of people don't believe that though, and that would cause them to believe something different.
    Judging by how open Carrie & Mike are open with their faith, I wouldn't be surprised if they did rely on their beliefs to help come to terms with big changes in their lives.
    I'm sorry if that doesn't make a ton of sense, but I trying to explain my opinion without getting too personal; I know everyone has different beliefs, and I certainly want to respect that.
    I don't think I could've made my post sound any more sarcastic.

  • #20
    Carrie Guru Jade_kt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    21,347
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Why would God meddle with something as important to life as sports to help something as trivial as love?
    Your comment about the importance of love in life reminds me of Carrie's and Brad's "Oh love" duet:



  •  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •