Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Carrie to record with Tony Bennett

Hitfix reported that Carrie will record a track with Tony Bennett for a special compilation called 'Duets 2' in honor of his 85th birthday! The CD is set for release in September.

Here's the link to the full article: Exclusive: Tony Bennett records with Amy Winehouse and Carrie Underwood for "Duets 2" - HitFix.com

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Exclusive: Tony Bennett records with Amy Winehouse and Carrie Underwood for "Duets 2"

Exclusive: Tony Bennett records with Amy Winehouse and Carrie Underwood for "Duets 2"

By Melinda Newman - Josh Groban, Michael Buble and Aretha Franklin also planned for 85th birthday salute

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2011 2:54 PM

Amy Winehouse, Josh Groban and Carrie Underwood are among the artists Tony Bennett is recording with for “Duets 2,” a follow-up to his tremendously successful 2006 effort, “Duets.”

That first project celebrated the legendary Bennett’s 80th birthday. Similarly, “Duets 2” will honor the star for his 85th birthday and will come out in September on Columbia. Bennett turns 85 on Aug. 3.

Over the weekend, The New York Post broke the news that Winehouse and Bennett were recording together, but we have the exclusive details about “Duets 2” from Bennett’s manager/son Danny Bennett, whom we saw at the MusiCares tribute to Barbra Streisand on Feb. 11.

The set will also include new songs recorded with k.d. lang and Michael Buble, both of whom appeared on “Duets,” as well as, Danny hopes, Aretha Franklin.

Link to article: Exclusive: Tony Bennett records with Amy Winehouse and Carrie Underwood for "Duets 2" - HitFix.com

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow, that's great! Tony is a legend.
    Thanks for posting.

Concert Stars
    Recording with Tony Bennett -- now that is HUGE! That is wonderful news! Also includes Michae Buble and Josh Groban! Thanks for posting!

*does happy dance*

Concert Stars
    Dream come true, tbh. I've wanted Carrie to have a studio version of jazz music for a while.

Insane Carrie Fan
    AHHHHHHH!!!! that's WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! YAYAYYAY

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Great. Today is a start of a some good news about Carrie. I am getting excited.

Concert Stars
    Recording with Tony Bennett -- now that is HUGE! That is wonderful news! Also includes so many great artists, like Michae Buble and Josh Groban! Thanks for posting! *does happy dance*

The sad thing is we have to wait until September! My, I am so impatient! lol

Concert Stars
    Yay! Something to look forward to!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So exciting! Love how everyone that was on that Oprah special and sang FOIML with Tony gets to collaborate with him. Josh and Michael are pretty obvious choices, due to their style and voices, but Carrie is not so obvious. So happy to have some GREAT news! Don't know if any of those will be singles, but it will still be wonderful!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is so awesome. So, is this going to be new recordings of old songs or remakes of songs Tony has recorded before? So exciting to know some new Carrie music is on the horizon!

PS - Maybe we could merge this with the other thread, as they both link to the same article.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Oh WOW this is so cool!!!!! I wonder what song they'll do? Wonder if this happened because of the Oprah show? Carrie sure has rubbed elbows with some pretty cool people in her short career!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    So exciting! Love how everyone that was on that Oprah special and sang FOIML with Tony gets to collaborate with him. Josh and Michael are pretty obvious choices, due to their style and voices, but Carrie is not so obvious. So happy to have some GREAT news! Don't know if any of those will be singles, but it will still be wonderful!
    But you know the remarkable thing about Carrie's voice and vocal abilities is that she sounds fantastic no matter what genre she sings! She sings Loretta, sounds amazing! She sings a Julie Andrews song sounds amazing! She sings with Harry Connick Jr. sounds amazing! She sings gospel music and hymns and sounds BEYOND amazing! She truly is a gifted, gifted vocalist!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    But you know the remarkable thing about Carrie's voice and vocal abilities is that she sounds fantastic no matter what genre she sings!
    Oh, I know she sounded amazing singing FOIML! I just mean to the general population she isn't the obvious choice to sing jazz music.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Ahh that's awesome this performance from Oprah is to this day one of my favorites. Carrie's voice is so pure and I love the look Micheal Buble gives her when she slides into that perfect falsetto.

Concert Stars
    wow this is amazing news!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CUFan7 View Post
    Ahh that's awesome this performance from Oprah is to this day one of my favorites. Carrie's voice is so pure and I love the look Micheal Buble gives her when she slides into that perfect falsetto.
    Or the big smile of Tony's face! Reminds me of the big smile he had after she sang the Sound of Music! Oh man we should email the Oprah show and say she needs have those 4 artists on again before her show ends. As I recall, they just worked that song up that day!!! So cool brought tears to my eyes watching it again.

Concert Stars
    Or the big smile of Tony's face! Reminds me of the big smile he had after she sang the Sound of Music! Oh man we should email the Oprah show and say she needs have those 4 artists on again before her show ends. As I recall, they just worked that song up that day!!! So cool brought tears to my eyes watching it again.
    Oh yes...

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CUFan7 View Post
    Oh yes...

That was well done. No one whould have guessed that she had a cold that night.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yeah that would be great to see them on Oprah again. Well this really sounds exciting and I can't wait to hear it.

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast