Grammy Prediction from Paste Magazine

I thought this was kind of weird. There's a will win and a should win category. Whoever did this had Carrie under the will win and said that she was the front runner because she's more popular. It didn't really make sense because even though I love Carrie and think she's the best, Miranda has been everywhere.

2011 Grammy Predictions and Proclamations :: Music :: Features :: Paste

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Third mainstream prediction in favor of Carrie within the past week.

I'm actually gaining confidence.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I still think Carrie is more popular in the public eye. Miranda is just getting started in gaining her popularity and known primarily in the country music community, where Carrie is more nationally known. I do think Miranda has this win tho.

I think she absolutely deserves to win. Temporary Home is a beautiful song and to make it even more special, she wrote it. I wish that it was getting the recognition it deserves!

Concert Stars
    Do just people in the Country genre vote for this....or everyone, in spite of genre?

Concert Stars
    I think TH should win but THTBM will win. THTBM is a great song. So if it wins I will be okay. On a side note, (except for a few) the reasons they give Miranda should win are kind of lame and has nothing to do w/ the song or her artistry.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 02-13-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I just read on Twitter the Best Female Country Vocal Grammy will be televised. I love THTBM, but I want TH to win, because it deserves recognition. The vocal and emotion Carrie shows in this song is above and beyond anyone else in the category.

The award is VOCAL PERFORMANCE. Carrie's performance of TH is head-and-shoulders above everyone else. THTB is a great song, but the vocal doesn't compare.

It makes me sad that TH hasn't gotten a fraction of the recognition it deserves.

Two loses for the two BEST songs/performances of Carrie's career (JAD & TH), would just be wrong, IMO.

im hoping she will win tonight

Concert Stars
    I hope she wins but by the sounds of things she probably wont!

I would love for Carrie to win but I think Miranda has this one in the bag. Sorry if I am pessimistic, lol, but I learned my lesson last year when Taylor won over all the true vocalists nominated so I'm cautious with my hopes lol. Of course, Miranda being a good singer helps ease my acceptance of the most probable outcome this year lol.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Do just people in the Country genre vote for this....or everyone, in spite of genre?
    If I recall, the voters can pick 3 or 4 genres to vote in. They vote in all the races within those genres. I would think many non-country music voters vote in the country genre.

I'm just assuming that since Miranda is going to be there, she's performing THTBM, and it's televised that she won. I think it's totally wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it'll play out.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I love their nine reasons to love ML. They could have shortened their list to one word that would have summarized the article--- "redneck."
    Yeah I think basically that was the theme they were going w/. Guess those things are what make you "country".

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    It is more than the country genre people voting.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I hope she wins, but I probably shouldnt get my hopes up wow that was quite a positive attitude about this...

•