Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roughstock:

Roughstock:

2011 Grammy Preview/Predictions

I'll come right out and admit that I don't usually watch the Grammy Awards. I'm just not that big on all the hype, and frankly, I think that most mainstream pop music is bland and interchangeable. At the same time, I can't help but root on a country act when they're up for a Grammy — after all, it's been the de facto music award for quite some time, so to recycle yet another cliché, it's an honor just to be nominated. It's also fun to pick the winners in the country categories.
    Female Country Vocal Performance part:
    Interesting picks abound in the country category. Carrie Underwood's "Temporary Home" may be the go-to song in Best Female Country Vocal Performance simply because it's Carrie Underwood, but the fact that it's a strong song doesn't hurt either. If it doesn't go to her, then I would love to see Miranda Lambert get her first Grammy for "The House That Built Me," easily the most deserving song of her career. (But it'd be even better if Miranda ended up the dark-horse winner in Song of the Year, where that same cut is also nominated.) I'm completely baffled as to how the cuts from Jewel ("Satisfied"), LeAnn Rimes ("Swingin'") and GretchenWilson ("I'd Love to Be Your Last") even got into that category — all three songs, particularly Gretchen's, seem to be quite the off-the-board picks.
    2011 Grammy Preview/Predictions | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video | Roughstock.com

^^Oops... I forgot to add "2011 Grammy Preview/Predictions" on my thread title. Sorry, lol.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I really hope Carrie will win on this category. She so deserved it.

I really hope Carrie takes this one. TH deserves it the most, imo. But THTBM also got an all-genre Song of the Year nod, so I won't hold my breath.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Seeing as this is the second mention of the Grammy predictions from big blogs like this, and they've both been in favor of Carrie, I'm actually gaining a little bit of confidence...

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Please please please let her win!

Highly doubt she's gonna win, unfortunately.

Concert Stars
    I really hope she wins!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Highly doubt she's gonna win, unfortunately.
    Now I wouldn't HIGHLY doubt it. Carrie does have a chance! It's like a 55/45 chance. Carrie has 55% chance mainly because TH did 1,000,000,000x better than THTBM did.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by m.chill99 View Post
    Now I wouldn't HIGHLY doubt it. Carrie does have a chance! It's like a 55/45 chance. Carrie has 55% chance mainly because TH did 1,000,000,000x better than THTBM did.
    How did TH do better than THTBM. Even thou TH did great and we love it! THTBM was better recieved, heck Miranda's whole career rides on this one song! I am expecting THTBM to win, but if Carrie wins, even better!!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I'm going to keep rooting for her till the show is over - great song sung so beautifully.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I am praying that TH finally gets the recognition that it deserved. I won't be watching but I will be checking on this site for updates so whoever is watching make sure to post PLEASE!

Carrie Guru
    I'm surprised, Roughstock doesn't usually like Carrie.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    How did TH do better than THTBM. Even thou TH did great and we love it! THTBM was better recieved, heck Miranda's whole career rides on this one song! I am expecting THTBM to win, but if Carrie wins, even better!!!
    Did THTBM go #1? How many awards has Miranda won from THTBM? I have faith Carrie will win this year!

Junior Carrie Follower CarrieFan928's Avatar
    ^Where have you been in 2010? lol THTBM had 4 weeks at number one, went platinum, won CMA awards for Song of the Year and Music Video of the Year and helped Miranda win FV, had HUGE critic approval, and is Miranda's breakout song. If it wasn't for this song, barely anyone would know who she is and she wouldn't receive so many awards/nominations.

I think it's 80:20 for THTBM:TH. THTBM has critic success and the commercial success to back it up. Plus, songs nominated in the big categories usually win their genre categories. If for some crazy reason, THTBM doesn't win, TH will be the winner. The other songs are unknown. But the Gretchen Wilson is probably 3rd since it is nominated in the Country Song category. It's strange how these songs got nominated over hit Taylor Swift or Reba songs. It's also strange how the chose Katy Perry's Teenage Dream for Album of the Year. It has success but I wouldn't think the Grammys would nominate this kind of album (it's very pop and sexy, which the Grammys don't usually like) in AOTY. I thought Revolution would receive an AOTY nomination since it has both success and critical appeal.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    ^^I think you sum up the politics of award shows. What are they thinking?

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think THTBM will win, even though I think Temporary Home is the most deserving

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan928 View Post
    ^Where have you been in 2010? lol THTBM had 4 weeks at number one, went platinum, won CMA awards for Song of the Year and Music Video of the Year and helped Miranda win FV, had HUGE critic approval, and is Miranda's breakout song. If it wasn't for this song, barely anyone would know who she is and she wouldn't receive so many awards/nominations.

I think it's 80:20 for THTBM:TH. THTBM has critic success and the commercial success to back it up. Plus, songs nominated in the big categories usually win their genre categories. If for some crazy reason, THTBM doesn't win, TH will be the winner. The other songs are unknown. But the Gretchen Wilson is probably 3rd since it is nominated in the Country Song category. It's strange how these songs got nominated over hit Taylor Swift or Reba songs. It's also strange how the chose Katy Perry's Teenage Dream for Album of the Year. It has success but I wouldn't think the Grammys would nominate this kind of album (it's very pop and sexy, which the Grammys don't usually like) in AOTY. I thought Revolution would receive an AOTY nomination since it has both success and critical appeal.
    Wow, I guess that proves I don't really care about any other artist than Carrie I MAINLY payed attention to Carrie throughout the year

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by m.chill99 View Post
    Wow, I guess that proves I don't really care about any other artist than Carrie I MAINLY payed attention to Carrie throughout the year
    Good for you. I do the same.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think they will give it to Miranda because she has not won a Grammy FV yet while Carrie has 3 already. Politics play a lot of role on these award shows plus THTBM won lots of awards previously and the critics just love it. But I am always hoping for a Carrie win because she has better vocals on TH than Miranda's THTBM.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast