City will miss Underwood (Ottawa Sun)

To a handful of Tweeting Senators fans, country singer Carrie Underwood is the Yoko Ono of the Ottawa Senators, a team-wrecking man-eater who forced the Sens’ forward to give up life in Ottawa for the bright lights and wall-to-wall sound of country music in the music capital, Underwood’s hometown, Nashville.

But to the vast majority of Senator’s fans, she’s the sweet country girl who got her hockey-playing man, and who added a twinkle of Southern charm to a cold, Canadian capital whenever she was around.
    Full article: City will miss Underwood | Ottawa and Region | News | Ottawa Sun

It really did seem (and still does seem) as though Carrie really liked Ottawa....

Concert Stars
    Mike is such a great guy and I can see why he will be missed by Ottawa.

Fisher’s longtime friend, country station Y101FM’s morning man Mark Papousek admitted he was sad to see his pal go before he even got the chance to meet his bride. Underwood and Fisher recently donated an autographed guitar and Senators jersey which fetched $9,000 for Papousek’s Make-A-Wish children’s charity.

Expect Fisher’s trade to be the big topic of discussion on his radio show on Friday morning.

“Carrie brought a lot to the city. She was one of us. She fit nicely into the Ottawa Valley. They did a lot of fundraising and charity work here,” Papousek said. “They’ll be great together in Nashville, but right now, it’s a big loss for Ottawa.”
    Fisher’s trade to Nashville also leaves a hole for a few of Ottawa’s major fundraisers, such as the Sens Foundation and Roger’s House, where he is the honorary chair.

“They — Fisher and Underwood — connected with families and believed strongly in what Roger’s House is about, families coming together to support each other,” said Al Roberts, Director of Fundraising for the Sens Foundation.
    That’s the feeling over at Fratelli’s Kanata location, where Fisher and Underwood were regulars.

“People are in tears here,” owner Richard Valenti said. “They were in just two weeks ago for a fundraiser. Nice couple, she’s the girl-next-door type. We’ll miss them.”
    \
    Fisher, 30, met the country singer after Underwood’s Scotiabank Place concert in Ottawa in 2008. At the time, she admitted that she was hesitant to date Fisher because of her touring schedule and his home in Ottawa.
    The couple have been building a multimillion dollar home outside Ottawa.

“Now, they’ll have more quality time together,” adds Papousek, a little sadly.

What a nice article. I do think there's only a very small number of people who's hating on Carrie because they illogically believe she orchestrated the whole trade lol.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Guess with the haters two sayings apply: A few rotten apples spoil the whole bushel. And the squeaky wheel gets the grease. This is such a nice article and its true Ottawa's loss is Nashville's gain. But this is such a good thing for them as a couple and for their family, its hard to understand why people can't just be happy for them.

Concert Stars
    aw that was a nice article

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    That was a great article.

Concert Stars
    great article and so true...I am about 5 hours from Ottawa but I know I will miss her being kinda close to me..ha

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am truly sad for the community of Ottawa and his teammates that will miss a longtime friend. However it's a great gain for Nashville. I think he and Carrie will be in the spotlight a lot there. Can he still have his hockey camp in Ottawa during off season? I mean, that is his hometown, so I don't see anything wrong with it, but I didn't know if the Predators would think of that as a conflict of interest.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is really bad for Carrie

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie_Rocks_The_House View Post
    That is really bad for Carrie
    It's not that bad. It's just a few people, not the majority. Any person with common sense knows that Carrie had nothing to do with Mike being traded. She might have been the reason Nashville was his top choice, but he was getting traded one way or the other to another team somehwere, Carrie or no Carrie.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I am truly sad for the community of Ottawa and his teammates that will miss a longtime friend. However it's a great gain for Nashville. I think he and Carrie will be in the spotlight a lot there. Can he still have his hockey camp in Ottawa during off season? I mean, that is his hometown, so I don't see anything wrong with it, but I didn't know if the Predators would think of that as a conflict of interest.
    Speaking of teammates there is a very nice article about Chris Neil and this thoughts of Mike being traded, I don't know if this has been posted on here yet or not, but it is a very good read.

Fisher trade floors best friend Neil | Hockey | Sports | Ottawa Sun

•