Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Mike Fisher on being traded

Fisher: 'I'm so grateful to Ottawa'

Consummate pro thanks organization, fans he didn't want to leave

By DON BRENNAN, QMI Agency

“The good thing, I think, we were able to do is put him in a place, No. 1 he can play in the playoffs, and No. 2 he should be able to set up a home with his wife and not be commuting back and forth to Ottawa.”
    How did Carrie greet the news her husband was traded to her new hometown?
    “She was a little emotional,” said Fisher. “She knows how much I love Ottawa, she loved it, too. But I think it will be a good thing for us, a good fit for me. She’s happy, too.”
    Yes, Fisher wanted to stay in Ottawa — a week ago he told me he was sure he wouldn’t be traded — but he will adjust.
    “It caught me off-guard,” he said. “I’ve been here for so long. But it’s still exciting. I have mixed emotions. I’m excited about going to Nashville, it’s a great spot and I’ll fit in well with their style of play.
    “But there are so many good guys I’m leaving behind. So many good people. That’s the hardest part. I’m so grateful to Ottawa, the organization. I’m thankful to Eugene. I’m thankful to Bryan. He was respectful and classy.”
    Fisher says his parents will have trouble adjusting to seeing him in another jersey — No. 12 in Nashville is available and he’ll be wearing it when the Predators host Colorado Saturday — but they’ll get used to it.
    And while he’ll be selling that big beautiful new house in Ottawa, he’ll still have his hockey school in the nation’s capital, and his place in Peterborough. He’ll be back. Maybe even as a Senator someday.
    A player, a coach? “You never do know what the good Lord has in store,” Fisher said, laughing.

read more at http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../17233001.html
    Last edited by jeff; 02-10-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: please dont copy and paste whole article, and provide link as well

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    OH MY HECK!!!!!!!!!!

I really didn't think they would trade him!

Rude about not playing her songs. Glad this writer stuck up for Carrie.

Concert Stars
    Ahhhh, another great article. Glad Mike is being a sport and adjusting to the change even though I'm sure he will miss the Sens. Now I know why Mike and Carrie seemed gloomy in some of the pictures of them recently. They probably knew he was going to be traded.

Concert Stars
    I am so sad about this whole thing..but I do hope it will be better for Carrie and Mike when he moves!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Wow, I guess they are selling the house. I really didn't think they would. But between this article and Carrie's (joking) comment on the OFC asking if anyone wanted to buy a house in Ottawa, I guess they may really be doing it. Sounds like they are just going to keep his old place in his hometown for visiting. That really really really sucks for them to have built a new house and get it just the way they want it to have to sell it a few months after moving in. I pray that God has some great things in store for Mike in Nashville!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    ^^Well, they can consider it a "practice run" at building a house. That will come in handy if/when they build a house in Nashville. I guess God decided they shouldn't have to work so hard at being together. I'm sure this situation is hard for them, but they will work through it all and be very happy together.

Concert Stars
    You think it is his old house in Ottawa he is keeping or his lakeside house, near his family?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    You think it is his old house in Ottawa he is keeping or his lakeside house, near his family?
    It said the house in Petersborough, so I'm guess not the one in Ottawa, but I'm just guessing. His family lives in Petersborough, right?
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    The 303:30 – USA Today’s Kevin Allen and the Mike Fisher presser | Section 303

you can listen to mikes press conference starting at 22:00 ( sorry about the douche bag who had the thing on speaker who ever he was!)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^Can someone summarize what is said or post a link if they have a video afterwards? I'm at work and can't watch.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by knewman19 View Post
    The 303:30 – USA Today’s Kevin Allen and the Mike Fisher presser | Section 303

you can listen to mikes press conference starting at 22:00 ( sorry about the douche bag who had the thing on speaker who ever he was!)
    Mike sounds depressed or tired...lol. But it may just be the way his demeanor is in general since he usually talks low anyways.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    ^Can someone summarize what is said or post a link if they have a video afterwards? I'm at work and can't watch.
    He just talked about his reaction to finding out about the trade and how he feels about having to go to Nashville and if he knew about the trade ahead of time or not and what this means for him and Carrie and how Carrie feels about the trade, etc. He talked about the tough season he had at Ottawa this year and talked about trying to fit in the city of Nashville and helping out the community there.

Carrie Follower
    I am telling you most sincerely, YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE THAT GUY!! He is so thoughtful with words. It will be hard for him even though he has a number of friends in Nashville already. Congrats to the both of them! Although I know little about hockey, I hope he can be as successful in Nashville as he was in Ottawa.

I didn't log on all day yesterday and had no idea all this happened. WOW!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fan4ever View Post
    I am telling you most sincerely, YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE THAT GUY!! He is so thoughtful with words. It will be hard for him even though he has a number of friends in Nashville already. Congrats to the both of them! Although I know little about hockey, I hope he can be as successful in Nashville as he was in Ottawa.

I didn't log on all day yesterday and had no idea all this happened. WOW!
    How could you be away from carriefans for more than24 hours?

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    How could you be away from carriefans for more than24 hours?
    Ha ha..........truth is, it was 26 degrees and sunny (yes, the whole day...NO SNOW!). Perfect day to run errands. Is there a Carriefans app I should have downloaded before I left??? lol

Yes we need a carriefans app for you people.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Yes we need a carriefans app for you people.

now THAT would be awesome!

I wonder if James could make one

Carrie Guru
    ^ That's a great idea. It could alert us when there is breaking Carrie news. lol!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I would so buy a Carrie Fans app!
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast