Fisher Talks About Moving on (Sticks up for Carrie)

This was on Mike's website. Its' really bitter sweet because he loved Ottawa but Nashville will be good for him and Carrie! Here's the article

Fisher talks about moving on
    Posted: February 10, 2011
    Fisher talks about moving on

Mike Fisher admits he was as surprised as anyone upon learning of the trade that would make him a Nashville Predator.

Fisher was with the Ottawa Senators in Calgary when he learned of the trade and admits he's sad to be leaving his teammates, the city and the many fans who showed him such great support over the past 11 seasons.

"I knew a trade was a possibility, but I still really didn't expect it to happen," admitted Fisher. "There's a lot of mixed emotions. I have so many great memories here and a lot of hard goodbyes to do, but if I had to pick a city to go to this is obviously the best choice."

Fisher has already heard the comments as to how his wife, Carrie Underwood, played a part in the trade at which he couldn't help but laugh. Underwood, a country music superstar spends much of her time in Nashville and having Fisher play for the Predators will definitely simplify their life, but the young couple was more than prepared to make it work with both living and working in separate cities.

"She was actually really sad when she heard the news," said Fisher. "If she had to choose she would have wanted me to stay in Ottawa. She knew I had played my whole career here."

Fisher admits it was "really tough" saying good bye to his Senators teammates and he wishes them all the best and hopes they turn things around sooner rather than later.

http://www.mikefisher.ca/latest/
    Last edited by jeff; 02-10-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: added link, and dont copy and paste whole article

Concert Stars
    Great article. Happy that Mike sticks up for his lady

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    The guys on the NHL network just stuck up for her too. They told the Ottawa fans not to do to Carrie what the Edmonton fans did to Janet Jones. Said it wasn't her fault so don't blame her because it was a business decision.

Concert Stars
    can you post a link to this article? I want to tweet it to show the jerks on twitter what he said about Carrie. thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    can you post a link to this article? I want to tweet it to show the jerks on twitter what he said about Carrie. thanx.
    The Latest on Mike Fisher

Concert Stars
    I love this article. Mike seems like such a sweet guy.

just another fan

as sad as he is, this move is really good for them in the long run. in a marriage its about the couple

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    T, no point. some people just want to be mean, they'll just say he is protecting his wife. youre not going to convince them

Concert Stars
    Well I'm happy that Mike is coming to Nashville.

Concert Stars
    ^ true. It is just so frustrating that Carrie is constantly the center of all this drama. lol

Concert Stars
    I believe every word he has said.
    I don't know him prsonally, but what we do know about him and just from the way he is taking the news, I believe he is saddened and a little confused. But I think on another level, he and Carrie will be much happier.
    Some people just won't be happy for them. Nothing you can do about that.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    So glad to see Mike sticking up for Carrie. Anyone who would think Carrie had anything to do with this is just looking for trouble. It's so out there, not worth discussion in my mind.

Even though the move will be good for the both of them, I feel bad for Mike, he seems so sad. Love that he defended Carrie from the haters lol.

Concert Stars
    very glad mike stood up for her!

Carrie Follower
    Goodbyes are always hard and Mike's life was in Ottawa. I feel bad for him, he looks like he just hasn't taken it all in yet.

The upside is he was not traded to a strange city without any friends or a wife and be totally alone.

He has stated he loves Nashville and he is excited about the Predators. But the greatest thing is that he said he has many friends in Nashville. But the icing on the cake (Ivy Cupcake) is that he has a WIFE in Nashville!!

This will be perfect for their marriage. In a few years this chapter in their life will not even be on their or anyone else's radar.

They have the money to go back and forth whenever they want to visit loved ones and to fly loved ones in.

I am sure that Carrie is sad for Mike on a certain level, he has all kinds of emotions going on now and she is feeling his confusion of the unknown and she doesn't like to see him in any mood except HAPPY!

I am so thrilled that Carrie is in his life now to share this transfer with him. With Carrie the trauma of the trade will not be as stinging.

I pray that all goes well. I love Carrie and I love them as a couple. :-)

•