Ultimate Carrie Fan

Sweet Child O' Mine: Fergie, Slash make us long for Axl Rose

Not to say there haven't been good covers of it in the past. Carrie Underwood and Sheryl Crowe to name a few -- Crowe's version even earned her a Grammy Award.

Sweet Child O' Mine: Fergie, Slash make us long for Axl Rose - Pop2it - Zap2it

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I agree Carrie does a great Sweet child of Mine.

Concert Stars
    well when they don't even know how to spell Sheryl CROW...!

Concert Stars
    Carrie's version is the best imo. Carrie rocks Sweet Child of Mine.

Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    Fergie sounded absolutely dreadful vocally on this song tonight. She is usually at least a decent singer, though nothing special. Tonight, she sounded terrible.

I did enjoy the halftime show, though, otherwise. It was just that the vocals were a mess, except for Usher.

Concert Stars
    Even though I like Carrie's rendition of Sweet Child of Mine. I prefer November Rain/Paradise City more.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 02-07-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Concert Stars
    Carrie's version is the best, hands down!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Fergie sounded absolutely dreadful vocally on this song tonight. She is usually at least a decent singer, though nothing special. Tonight, she sounded terrible.

I did enjoy the halftime show, though, otherwise. It was just that the vocals were a mess, except for Usher.
    That's because he barely sang lol. It was more dancing than singing. And call me crazy but I dont know if he was singing live.

She does a kick-ass Paradise City! NR and SCOM are also brilliant covers!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    That's because he barely sang lol. It was more dancing than singing. And call me crazy but I dont know if he was singing live.
    I don't think he sang anything live except for maybe 3 words in the middle to make it look like he sang the whole thing. I didn't even see his lips moving when he was supposed to be singing lol. What a disappointment.
    Will.i.am sounded like a robot for most the performance, but I have to give Fergie credit for a least singing live...good for her.
    On topic lol: Carrie rocks SCOM. Sheryl's version is amazing, too. Fergie's take on it last night was a bit of a mess.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love Carrie's version too. It is one of the things I appreciate about Carrie - her diversity. She can sing anything.

Insane Carrie Fan fearless_dancerrr's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    carrie always has such energy with GNR songs. looove it <3

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    am i the only one surprised that the B.E.P.'s are getting such flack? they put on one hell of a performance. yea, they cant sing, except for fergie but thats obvious from their music. Will.I.am is mainly a producer/songwriter. and im not even directing this question to people on this board, bc i know a lot of people on this board appreciate actually good singing, which you should BUT pop music is known for non singers, look at Ke$ha or taylor. i love them both, but they never get flack for their voices, not in a serious way at least. i thot B.E.P. would get rave reviews, bc the actual show they put on what great
    becca T

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jade_kt View Post
    carrie's version is the best imo. Carrie rocks sweet child of mine.
    Agreed

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    Even though I like Carrie's rendition of Sweet Child of Mine. I prefer November Rain/Paradise City more.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    am i the only one surprised that the B.E.P.'s are getting such flack? they put on one hell of a performance. yea, they cant sing, except for fergie but thats obvious from their music. Will.I.am is mainly a producer/songwriter. and im not even directing this question to people on this board, bc i know a lot of people on this board appreciate actually good singing, which you should BUT pop music is known for non singers, look at Ke$ha or taylor. i love them both, but they never get flack for their voices, not in a serious way at least. i thot B.E.P. would get rave reviews, bc the actual show they put on what great
    becca T
    The show itself was fun and I really enjoyed it. I love the Peas. But I do think Fergie's vocals were really off last night, especially on Sweet Child of Mine. That was terrible. But the costumes and lights, etc. were really good.

Usher's vocals were great, and his dancing rocked. But he may have been lip syncing. Not sure.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    The show itself was fun and I really enjoyed it. I love the Peas. But I do think Fergie's vocals were really off last night, especially on Sweet Child of Mine. That was terrible. But the costumes and lights, etc. were really good.

Usher's vocals were great, and his dancing rocked. But he may have been lip syncing. Not sure.
    I mean from the little bit he was singing, it may have been live, but the majority of it was from the actual recorded song. but he's proved he can sing really well many times. his dancing is so good/sexy... did i say sexy? haha
    becca T

New Carrie Fan
    Love Fergie's version.

•