Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm not confident at all. I think our only hope before they cast their votes is that the announcer guys stresses the "VOCAL" in Best Female Country VOCAL Performance. If he says that loudly enough to shake off the commercial politics that are pushing THTBM forward, there won't be a single person in the house who doesn't vote for Carrie. Unfortunately, it is still highly unlikely. If I were this prediction dude, and all I wanted was to be correct, I'dve said Miranda too, simply because it's the most probable. Cold, hard fact unfortunately :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    LOL no kdding Carrie's the best vocalist. All Miranda has going for her is that one freakin song so of course it's going to win. She's the flavor of the month. Give her anything else to sing and it can barely crack the top ten.I'm not being mean here I'm just giving facts.
    I don't think you're mean, lol. However, Miranda's While Liar made it to #1 in Mediabase (not sure in BB), and I think Heart Like Mine currently is doing very well in the charts.

But I wholeheartedly agree with you that Carrie is the best vocalist. I don't think I'll ever get tired of listening to her songs.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    I'm not confident at all. I think our only hope before they cast their votes is that the announcer guys stresses the "VOCAL" in Best Female Country VOCAL Performance. If he says that loudly enough to shake off the commercial politics that are pushing THTBM forward, there won't be a single person in the house who doesn't vote for Carrie. Unfortunately, it is still highly unlikely. If I were this prediction dude, and all I wanted was to be correct, I'dve said Miranda too, simply because it's the most probable. Cold, hard fact unfortunately :-(
    I'd predict Miranda too. I'd love to be wrong, but THTBM has swept every award it's been up to. I find little reason to believe that the Grammy will not follow suit, especially with this recent discovery of label support and all.

Concert Stars
    Sorry but I listen to TH over THTBM alot more. TH imo is more power than THTBM and makes you think about life.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    really? there's more emotion in THTBM? I listened to it over and over again right now... trying to feel that emotion in the song...
    But nope... I felt more emotion in TH... and this is without biased... The first time I heard TH... when Carrie sang "place in this wooooooooorld" and "I can see God's face"... I really felt that... I really did... and I know other people did...
    I like THTBM and I'm learning to love it more... It's really a great song... a really nice song that reminds me of the classic country songs I fell in love with when I was young... But in terms of lyrics and meaning, and vocal performance, and emotion... TH wins over THTBM... But then again THTBM is undeniably a bigger song than TH because of the "promote Miranda" era... So most probably THTBM will win... It's nominated for song and record of the year, it would be weird if TH will win over it... but then... the award is Vocal Performance... so hopefully the voters stay true to that... VOCAL Performance!!!

Junior Carrie Follower CarrieFan928's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I loved to see the digital sales for both songs. I saw some figures on Pulse earlier today and now I can't find it again but I was surprised to see that THTBM wasn't over 1 million yet and TH had sold more!

I think that Carrie is going to win!
    That must have been an old article. Temporary Home is around 650,000 while THTBM has just passed the one million mark.

Concert Stars
    Well, if the label is up to the rumored shenanigans, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to "predict" which song will win. We all KNOW that TH should win - but will it? I will continue to hope that TH wins - no matter what!

Junior Carrie Follower
    okk i definetly think TH is the best to win cuz 1. it is the most important message 2. best vocals
    but idk carries uck hasnt been so good at awards but hey mayb neither will win and we might be surprised -.- ill be lauging bad angry at the same time

Huge Carrie Follower
    Well its over now. I refused to watch it. I hope the ratings were down.

Concert Stars
    I refused to watch it too. But I heard the results on the radio on my way to work this morning. Ugh....

Huge Carrie Follower Craig_Luvs_Carrie!'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I knew this would happen, so nothing new. It was the whole point of them saving that award for the Live telecast. I'm fine with it...ready for Carrie to take it back next year with Single 1 from album 4! I'm sure we will get a new song out before the end of September, when the Grammy eligibility ends.

Junior Carrie Follower kaileigh's Avatar
    First of all, I don't understand why Hillbilly bone is there...

It's either TH or THTBM...THTBM is very likely to win because of this "era" that we all struggle about with "whys", "hows" and all the questions that we can ask. But after all, it's a nice song. But then, TH is more emotional, inspiring and meaningful and it is sung by our girl... Let's hope it'll win!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Miranda is so overrated to me -- her voice is nothing. It's so twangy and small. Carrie would eat her for breakfast vocally.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Miranda is so overrated to me -- her voice is nothing. It's so twangy and small. Carrie would eat her for breakfast vocally.
    I don't have a problem with her twang, lol, but I do think she strained at the higher notes on that THTBM performance at Grammys. What do you think? Thanks.

Concert Stars
    I told you guys that Miranda would only win FV because Lady A were main stream...so happy!!!

Carrie Guru
    Aaah, we are living in the era of mediocrity !

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post

I agree with you!!! NOT MY TYPE OF VOCALIST. I did not buy Miranda's albums and songs. I bought the albums of Faith Hill, two albums of "Kelly Clarkson" and some albums of "Sugarland", though. But, still, "Carrie Underwood" is MY TOP FAVORITE. And then next, are "Celine Dion" and "Whitney Houston".

I like Miranda and THTBM, but I don't think her performance last night was very good. I think she was incredibly nervous, and it really showed. She seemed to be struggling. Because of that, the performance was very boring to me. I couldn't get emotionally invested.

That said, I was more okay with her win after I saw her acceptance speech. She seemed genuinely humbled and thrilled, and it was nice to see her pick up her first Grammy.

Concert Stars
    I don't mine Miranda winning. THTBM was a great song. The only award I think Miranda didn't desire was EOTY. But what is done is done. Time to move on. Carrie has been happy these past fews days so I'm happy. Glad Mike and Carrie went to a comedy club last night.

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I like Miranda and THTBM, but I don't think her performance last night was very good. I think she was incredibly nervous, and it really showed. She seemed to be struggling. Because of that, the performance was very boring to me. I couldn't get emotionally invested.

That said, I was more okay with her win after I saw her acceptance speech. She seemed genuinely humbled and thrilled, and it was nice to see her pick up her first Grammy.
    I would be lying if I said that I wasn't bothered by Carrie not winning...Carrie wins it 9 out of 10 times, in my opinion...I think that she would have many more Grammy wins - and other award wins - in her future! Miranda didn't sound good at all...that's the problem with that vocal: no emotion, but it's a great song, it's just her vocals don't live up to it...maybe it was nerves...but it was boring to me, too. I thought that Lady A was great...I'm happy for their wins...that's a really good album...overall, a good show, but definitely not great.

Concert Stars
    So happy Mike was with Carrie last night so she didn't have to watch the Grammy. I really wanted Carrie to win last night but am happy for Miranda.

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast