Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

"Could Carrie Underwood's Husband Become a Nashville Predator?"

I know there are lots of rumors going around, but this one gives some interesting (and new) information about what a trade could mean for Mike and Carrie.

Could Carrie Underwood’s Husband Become A Nashville Predator? -Country Music Is Love

Concert Stars
    still want to wait and hear from mike or carrie themselves before worrying about this..but good info I suppose. thanks for posting!

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    IA I can barely control my life so I sure don't worry about those things that are completely out of my control, lol.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Relax everyone. Nashville's owner is one of the biggest tightwads not just in the NHL, but in all of sports. No way he's taking on Mike's contract.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    So are you guys hockey fans? I guess i'm just wondering where the concern is? If you are hockey fans and your favorite team is........whatever team Mike plays for then I get it, but if not I just don't see what this matters one way or the other?
    Well, I'm not a hockey fan, but I thought other people might be interested, because it has been discussed lately.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It doesn't say anything I haven't already read or heard, but I think Carrie and Mike will still visit Ottawa as much as possible even if he were traded because that is where his family is and I think he dearly loves that place from what I've gathered in interviews with him or Carrie. If he were traded to Nashville, it would make it pretty easy on he and Carrie to be together in her non-touring years, and they could spend any off-season time in Ottawa if she wasn't touring. It really doesn't matter though, because with her tour schedules and his travelling for away games, they are never going to be in one place for a whole year!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It's a business and whatever happens Mike & Carrie will be just fine.

The trade deadline is Feb. 28th at 3:00 pm Eastern.

Concert Stars
    I personally think it would be wonderful in the long run, if he traded to Nashville. It would allow them to start a real family someday too, both being in the same town. All that traveling back and forth must be hard.

I feel bad though as they just bought a new house, and they seemed to be settling into Ottawa. But I suppose they can keep the house there, even if he gets traded. They can use it as their home base in Ottawa. Mike seems a bit somber looking lately in alot of the photos, so clearly, he must be worried about all this. Also, the team is doing terribly, so maybe that is also worrying him.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    Relax everyone. Nashville's owner is one of the biggest tightwads not just in the NHL, but in all of sports. No way he's taking on Mike's contract.
    but could Mike accept a pay cut, so that he could end up in Nashville rather then some other city? If I were him, I would rather take the pay cut and end up in Nashville, if I had to be traded somewhere, then go to a completely unknown city. If he goes to LA Kings, ie, he would just have to move to Nashville eventually anyway.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    It doesn't work that way he already has a contract. Any team that takes him on has to abide to it until it expires.

just another fan

I'm going to close this again, because I prefer such talk be directed to either the NHL thread or the Mike Fisher thread in the off topic section. Until it gets to a point where a trade is imminent and backed by the relevant sources (and by that i mean the reputed hockey reporters and not entertainment or celeb sites), there's no point in making new threads about this. there will be a lot of discussion among hockey heads about potential deals for a number of players until the trade deadline.

in my opinion he won't be moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    It doesn't say anything I haven't already read or heard, but I think Carrie and Mike will still visit Ottawa as much as possible even if he were traded because that is where his family is and I think he dearly loves that place from what I've gathered in interviews with him or Carrie. If he were traded to Nashville, it would make it pretty easy on he and Carrie to be together in her non-touring years, and they could spend any off-season time in Ottawa if she wasn't touring. It really doesn't matter though, because with her tour schedules and his travelling for away games, they are never going to be in one place for a whole year!
    actually his family is from Peterborough, ON, which is a good 4 hours away from Ottawa.

•