Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CW Exclusive: Reba Among ACM Honorees (Carrie mention)

Country Weekly has learned that country superstars Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland, Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood will be honored by the Academy of Country Music at Girls Night Out: Superstar Women of Country, which will be taped on Monday, April 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and which will later air on CBS. Additional honorees and participating talent for the special tribute concert are forthcoming.

Carrie will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Entertainer of the Year, twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009.

More: CW Exclusive: Reba Among ACM Honorees - News - Country Weekly Magazine

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I guess Miranda will be honored for her 2 no 1s.

Concert Stars
    Hopefully, we can add a 3rd EOTY win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I guess Miranda will be honored for her 2 no 1s.
    In the article, it says that Miranda will be honored for being the only female artist to win Album of the Year twice...

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Thanks so much for the article! I'll actually be able to watch this too. What are they exactly going to be talking about?

Concert Stars
    OMG! Tee is going to be so excited! NO TAYLOR!! Congrats Tee!

I see how they are doing this and it is interesting that each woman has done something different from the other

Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    Thanks so much for the article! I'll actually be able to watch this too. What are they exactly going to be talking about?
    I was on my Facebook, and it came up. I was like, I need to post this NOW!!!. More details to come, I guess...hopefully more soon!

Junior Carrie Follower FreeCountry22's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Just read this! I AM SO EXCITED CARRIE IS BEING HONORED AGAIN!!!!!!!! and yes, lets make it 3-time! though this is taped before hand but still. Wonder if that mean she will just spend the whole week in Vegas and maybe do some song writing sessions?

abbeyjones18 informed me it is being filmed day after....I am getting Soul Surfer release and ACM's confused, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FreeCountry22 View Post
    Just read this! I AM SO EXCITED CARRIE IS BEING HONORED AGAIN!!!!!!!! and yes, lets make it 3-time! though this is taped before hand but still. Wonder if that mean she will just spend the whole week in Vegas and maybe do some song writing sessions?
    The article says that it's being taped April 4th, the day after the ACMs...by the way, I love how the ACMs have a special now...3rd year in a row (George strait in 2009, Brooks & Dunn in 2010, and now this one in 2011)...keep it up ACMs!!

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    In the article, it says that Miranda will be honored for being the only female artist to win Album of the Year twice...
    Thanks I was being lazy and that is a good honor.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    YES! When I bought my ACM tickets, since I'm part of the ACM website, they gave the members of the site the package deal to get tickets for this show, too. I was so worried that Carrie wouldn't stay in Vegas for the show, but now I get to see her at BOTH SHOWS!

Yay! And NO SWSRN!

I guess this ALSO confirms that Carrie will be in attendance at the ACMs! Not that I had any doubt that she wouldn't... I'm so excited! This will be another great year at the ACMs for Carrie!

Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Thanks I was being lazy and that is a good honor.
    I had no idea that she was the first ever...good for her! Go Reba...7-time female Vocalist...amazing!! Carrie, of course...

Insane Carrie Fan
    hmm wonder what they're honoring martina for.

YAY FOR CARRIE

Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    hmm wonder what they're honoring martina for.

YAY FOR CARRIE
    This is what the article says:

Martina will be recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness through songs such as “Independence Day” and “Concrete Angel,” which raise awareness of domestic violence and encourage female empowerment. She has won Top Female Vocalist three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2003.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by knewman19 View Post
    OMG! Tee is going to be so excited! NO TAYLOR!! Congrats Tee!

I see how they are doing this and it is interesting that each woman has done something different from the other
    I was super excited, until I read the fine print. It said "additional honorees will be announced later." lol Watch Taylor wins for being the younges to win Album of the year or something like that. They will find a way to make up a fake category to give her something...lol

but I am super excited that Carrie is being honored! yay!

We needed some good news today.

Ultimate Carrie Fan carrieidol1's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I was super excited, until I read the fine print. It said "additional honorees will be announced later." lol Watch Taylor wins for being the younges to win Album of the year or something like that. They will find a way to make up a fake category to give her something...lol

but I am super excited that Carrie is being honored! yay!

We needed some good news today.
    But hey, the fact that they're still determining if she should be honored or announced as an honoree goes to show that she's just not comparable to Reba, Carrie, Martina, etc...

I love it!!!!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    yay! I can NOT wait to see this! I've loved the specials that the ACM's have done the past two years, and I'm assuming this one will be no different! Also, I'm loving the honorees (thus far, at least. lol)

Junior Carrie Follower FreeCountry22's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    she has no legitimate reason to be honored by ACM's. She hasn't had the same success there as she's had at the CMA's for one year....At this point i don't care about SWSRN anymore there is no comparison and think HISTORY will tell the whole story in years and years and years to come
    GO Team Carrie!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is so cool! Glad to see so many great ladies being honored.

I've been extremely impressed with the last tribute shows put on by the ACM's, so I'm sure this one will be great too!
    They always seem to come up with unique ideas.

Country Weekly has learned that country superstars Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland, Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood will be honored by the Academy of Country Music at Girls Night Out: Superstar Women of Country, which will be taped on Monday, April 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and which will later air on CBS. Additional honorees and participating talent for the special tribute concert are forthcoming.

Carrie will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Entertainer of the Year, twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009.

More: CW Exclusive: Reba Among ACM Honorees - News - Country Weekly Magazine
    What a great honor for Carrie! Let's make this 3-time EOTY winner lol!

Great for Miranda!

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast