Concert Stars

Simon Cowell Knew Carrie Underwood Would Win 'American Idol' and Be a Star

Fans of 'American Idol' know that Carrie Underwood was something special from the moment she stepped onto that show's stage. Former judge Simon Cowell was featured on 'Oprah Presents Master Class' (Sun., 10PM on OWN) where he admitted she was truly one of a kind.

(...)

From the moment he first saw her and heard her sing, he knew three things. "A) I knew we'd found a star," he said. "B) She was gonna win, and C) I had this feeling that she was going to sell more records than anybody else." The latter he even said at one point during the competition.

There's also a great video linked with the article! I've never seen it before. It's another video than the Oprah interview he did a while ago!

Read the full article here : Simon Cowell Knew Carrie Underwood Would Win 'American Idol' and Be a Star (VIDEO)

Concert Stars
    Love it

Very cool...I remember the prediction when Carrie sang "Alone", and what Simon said after it...he had always been bold, in my opinion. (That's one thing that I will miss on Idol - for only a little bit - ...Simon's boldness.) He still is, and I'm glad that he was able to see Carrie's superstar, even though it was way before American Idol was over for that season! I love that Simon has wonderful things to say about Carrie...it seems as though she is the onlt Idol that he talks about (lol...I know that he talks about others....) Thanks for the video!

Concert Stars
    you can't help but love Simon even though he was such a jerk to most. he was lovely to Carrie!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieidol1 View Post
    you can't help but love Simon even though he was such a jerk to most. he was lovely to Carrie!
    Regardless of what he has to say about Carrie, I will never like the guy. Arrogance is not a pretty thing.

Concert Stars
    I love Simon. He's awesome. Simon was spot on!!!!

Concert Stars
    haha Aww I love when Simon says stuff like this!

it wasn't much of a stretch for simon to predict what he did....he himself said that it was so obvious......i predicted the same myself when i was watching AI that season.....and i was 13 (well, almost)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    His comments were pretty accurate, he could have just picked a nicer way to say it!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thats so nice especially from Simon. I remember when he predicted that after she sang Alone, and he was right

Concert Stars
    I think there were a combination of thngs that came together that probably made it pretty clear that it was hers to loose.
    The buzz around the water coolers was almost immediate.
    My only fear all that season was that people would feel like she was walking away with it and get tired of her.
    She played the game beautifully and came out on top.
    Just as it should have been.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Simon talks about Carrie because it gives him credibility.

Concert Stars
    ^ But he predicted Carrie to be a big star and win, sell the most records, etc, long before she even won. So he was right.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieUFan1995's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    thanks for posting!

Concert Stars
    Even at Carrie's audition, Simon said he was surprised that they never found a great country singer before, and told Carrie she was really good and to stay in country. He knew from day one that Carrie was special.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ But he predicted Carrie to be a big star and win, sell the most records, etc, long before she even won. So he was right.
    Imagine if Simon would have added to his prediction: "... without jeopardizing her integrity or morals and without remixing her music!"

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Regardless of what he has to say about Carrie, I will never like the guy. Arrogance is not a pretty thing.

I agree!!! I also do not like Simon Cowell. I love the GREAT CHEMISTRY of the THREE JUDGES THIS Season 10. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are giving GREAT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM AND VERY ENTERTAINING, TOO!!! Simon Cowell's OTHER FAVORITES IN OTHER SEASONS, either DID NOT WIN or DID NOT BECOME A BIG STAR. Simon predicted it, perfectly right on Carrie. GREAT!!!! Simon is now riding in "CARRIE'S EXTRAORDINARY SUCCESS". How could anyone explain that Simon was perfectly right on "CARRIE UNDERWOOD" AND FAILED IN HIS OTHER FAVORITES IN OTHER SEASONS? ...... "Jesus Christ, Our Savior" put it, into "Simon Cowell's Mind". IT IS GOD'S PLAN!!!

He's been wrong a lot, but he was always spot on with Carrie.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Anyone that watched season 4 from the beginning and saw her audition, would have totally agreed with Simon. She truly was a star...... And even his prediction came to be true....

•