Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

Who will be the Next carrie Underwood?

OFFSTAGE: Who Will Be the Next Carrie Underwood?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Doesn't anybody get it?? Having the career,looks, and talent of Carrie Underwood rarely ever happens in the entertainment business; the chances of it happening repeatdly from a talent show are even slimmer.Having a career like hers takes talent and VERY hard work. Just being talented isn't enough; you have to be willing to work your **** off and work hard. Even then, success is NEVER promised.

Carrie is a rare talent because she has EVERYTHING! It doesn't happen to everybody, and it'll probably never again occur on Idol. They had something special in her, and they've been trying to replicate/compare her to every female country singer since.
    Being able to have the talent and looks, and then continue to grow as a performer, singer, and songwriter is no fluke; Carrie wanted it all, she worked hard, and she got it. Star quality and talent doesn't just walk in the door and come out a superstar.

I'm sorry, but I'm getting SO sick of everybody comparing Carrie to everyone else; there is not, and never will be, another Carrie. She's once-in-a-lifetime human being, singer and performer. The entire industry will be lucky if they get an insanely talented artist like Carrie thrown to them without having to do any of the work.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I dont think anyone could ever be "the next Carrie Underwood." Idol's been trying to do it for 6 years and it hasn't happened because Carrie's such a diamond in the rough. Yes, a lot of people can sing, but she can SING! She has such great range, power and expression, and its so hard to have one of those let alone all three. She has great music, she sings about more than just "I love you. I want you. I lost you" type songs, and has actually meaningful stuff. And also I think shes so sweet and so nice and so likeable! I love her so much <3

Concert Stars
    I don't think there will be another Carrie cuz' she's one of a kind and special. Not many people have AH-MAZ-ING voices like her. We shouldn't be comparing because you can't compare Carrie to anyone. Nobody dresses the way Carrie does. She has her own fashion and hair style. Nobody sounds the way Carrie does. Her voice is special and unique. Nobody is as down to earth as her. She always thanks god, her family, and so much more when she accepts an award which not everybody does. She cries all the time when she accepts an award which tells you, Carrie never expected it, and is TRULY grateful for it.

You can't compare Carrie to anyone because every artist in different in their own way. Comparing Carrie to ANY artist is like comparing apples to oranges. Two TOTALLY different fruits. So different, you can't compare them at all. You can't say anyone is the next Carrie Underwood because that would mean Carrie has nothing special about her. That's saying that the person you're saying is the next Carrie Underwood will have the same album sales as her, voice as her, # of awards, and we all know Carrie is special.

As a Carrie fan, I don't think we will ever find another Carrie Marie Underwood because she's a one of a kind, unique, and you will NEVER EVER EVERRRR find another person like Carrie.

Concert Stars
    they are simply saying that Carrie is the gold standard!

Concert Stars
    there will never be another Carrie..simple as that...

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    they are simply saying that Carrie is the gold standard!
    *multi-platinum standard

Everyone here is 1,000,000% right. There will never be another Carrie because she truly is the greatest, and nobody will touch her.

Concert Stars
    No one. Carrie is one of a kind.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    A few have the talent. A few have the looks. A few have the business sense. But there's only a very select few that have all 3. Carrie is one of those.

Because of that, no one will ever be quite like her.

Concert Stars
    Guys, you're being ridiculous. I distinctly remember a female auditioning on AI who auditioned with "I Can't Make You Love Me," and her voice was freaking amazing. She could rival Miss Underwood!

I'm having trouble remembering her name. I believe it was Carrie Marie Fisher. Anyhow, she sounded fantastic, and she sounds like a huge star. I can envision a GG nomination, 14 top 2 singles and three wonderful records within the next five-six years.

If AI can find HER, there must be millions of Carries running around.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Guys, you're being ridiculous. I distinctly remember a female auditioning on AI who auditioned with "I Can't Make You Love Me," and her voice was freaking amazing. She could rival Miss Underwood!

I'm having trouble remembering her name. I believe it was Carrie Marie Fisher. Anyhow, she sounded fantastic, and she sounds like a huge star. I can envision a GG nomination, 14 top 2 singles and three wonderful records within the next five-six years.

I just love your sense of humor AllAmericanGirl8. Too funny. So true there will always be one and only Carrie Underwood.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by m.chill99 View Post
    I don't think there will be another Carrie cuz' she's one of a kind and special. Not many people have AH-MAZ-ING voices like her. We shouldn't be comparing because you can't compare Carrie to anyone. Nobody dresses the way Carrie does. She has her own fashion and hair style. Nobody sounds the way Carrie does. Her voice is special and unique. Nobody is as down to earth as her. She always thanks god, her family, and so much more when she accepts an award which not everybody does. She cries all the time when she accepts an award which tells you, Carrie never expected it, and is TRULY grateful for it.

You can't compare Carrie to anyone because every artist in different in their own way. Comparing Carrie to ANY artist is like comparing apples to oranges. Two TOTALLY different fruits. So different, you can't compare them at all. You can't say anyone is the next Carrie Underwood because that would mean Carrie has nothing special about her. That's saying that the person you're saying is the next Carrie Underwood will have the same album sales as her, voice as her, # of awards, and we all know Carrie is special.

As a Carrie fan, I don't think we will ever find another Carrie Marie Underwood because she's a one of a kind, unique, and you will NEVER EVER EVERRRR find another person like Carrie.
    I think you really hit it.
    Artists are unique. There is not another Michael Jackson and no one is looking for one.
    There is not going to be another Carrie Underwood cause she is so uniquely different from anything to come out of popular American culture.
    She is the embodiment of the American Ideal that someone can come out of Checotta Oklahoma and get a chance to sing for the world and turn out to be an honest to goodness Artist.
    The fact that she is (dumb struck) beautiful and genuinely kind just furthers an image that is almost impossible to find in the real world.
    Yes, you have your Faith Hills and your Shania Twains, but Carrie Underwood sings from a different place entirely.
    So that particulair package is not going to happen again.

Nicole, it's a good thing I finished reading your post, I was all ready to reply and majorly scold you hahaha!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Doesn't anybody get it?? Having the career,looks, and talent of Carrie Underwood rarely ever happens in the entertainment business; the chances of it happening repeatdly from a talent show are even slimmer.Having a career like hers takes talent and VERY hard work. Just being talented isn't enough; you have to be willing to work your **** off and work hard. Even then, success is NEVER promised.

Carrie is a rare talent because she has EVERYTHING! It doesn't happen to everybody, and it'll probably never again occur on Idol. They had something special in her, and they've been trying to replicate/compare her to every female country singer since.
    Being able to have the talent and looks, and then continue to grow as a performer, singer, and songwriter is no fluke; Carrie wanted it all, she worked hard, and she got it. Star quality and talent doesn't just walk in the door and come out a superstar.

I'm sorry, but I'm getting SO sick of everybody comparing Carrie to everyone else; there is not, and never will be, another Carrie. She's once-in-a-lifetime human being, singer and performer. The entire industry will be lucky if they get an insanely talented artist like Carrie thrown to them without having to do any of the work.
    Carrie is so successful at each performance, each outing, and overall that sometimes her diligent hard preparatory work is overlooked. I recall her response to a question that "you need to study when going to an award show". I thought to myself "study?". Now it hits me that she studies the environment, setting, history, protocol, etc. to each award show and conducts herself properly (actually superbly).

Carrie makes the most out of each opportunity and that propels her career time-after-time. Carrie is growing, achieving, maturing, etc. each and every year.

Concert Stars
    One day, maybe even in this or another season of Idol or just off the street, someone will come along with great looks, great talent, and great character. Will she be the next Carrie Underwood. NO!

She might sing great. look great, and even be an upstanding human being. But another Carrie, NO!

Think about it, has there ever been another Elvis, another band like the Eagles, Beatles, Rolling Stones, NO>

In history, there are some people that are just unique in who they are. Are there people that are similar, maybe. But the same, never.

Junior Carrie Follower Carebear1994's Avatar
    Concert Stars

I don't think there is a post you could make that isn't true and doesn't make me laugh. You could say potato and make it sound funny.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    I agree - there will NEVER be another Carrie!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Can you imagine another artist getting 13 #1 singles on radio from the get go? There will never be anything like this in the future. Only one Carrie Underwood. You got to love her hard work, beauty and success.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I have to take a line from Highlander "There Can Only Be One" Carrie Underwood

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    One day, maybe even in this or another season of Idol or just off the street, someone will come along with great looks, great talent, and great character. Will she be the next Carrie Underwood. NO!

She might sing great. look great, and even be an upstanding human being. But another Carrie, NO!

Think about it, has there ever been another Elvis, another band like the Eagles, Beatles, Rolling Stones, NO>

In history, there are some people that are just unique in who they are. Are there people that are similar, maybe. But the same, never.
    I agree with you.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast