Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Martina McBride: It Would Be Fantastic To Duet With Carrie Underwood

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,437

    Martina McBride: It Would Be Fantastic To Duet With Carrie Underwood


  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,030
    Concert Stars
    Yeah because it would make her relevant again lolol
    liveasong and utlovescarrie like this.

  • #3
    Obsessed Carrie Fan GumbyJRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,447
    Concert Stars
    Well, I'm glad she didn't hesitate.. lol..
    rainbow1 and pklongbeach like this.

  • #4
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    She does well in interviews. I am glad to see that BM is going to spend some money on this project.

    For those who may not know, her eyes are about as blue as the blouse she is wearing. Such amazing dark blue eyes!
    rainbow1 and lizcarlo like this.

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,341
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    She does well in interviews. I am glad to see that BM is going to spend some money on this project.

    For those who may not know, her eyes are about as blue as the blouse she is wearing. Such amazing dark blue eyes!
    She's not with BM anymore. I think she's independently producing this herself.
    pklongbeach likes this.

  • #6
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,925
    I wish I could, but I just can't get into Martina McBride. Her answer to the fan question was generic and to be expected. Her enthusiasm at the prospect was at best 'limp excitement'. The fact is, if she had wanted to duet with Carrie , she's had plenty of time to do so. It took her a nano second to duet with Kelly Clarkson. In my mind I think I know why Martina has not and will never duet with Carrie and I bet Carrie knows too. I know, I know, cynical much? I couldn't help myself.
    maddkat, mbh, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

  • #7
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    She's not with BM anymore. I think she's independently producing this herself.
    Really??? Do tell. I am not aware of this.

    This actually makes me very happy. I like her and respect her talent very much and was scared to death when Teenage Daughter came out that she would ruin her reputation for ever!

    I would much rather she do independant stuff and have it sell well enough to afford a lifestyle and a future project, than be subjected to the stuff we heard and saw in the last 2 years.

    And knowing this, I might actually go on itunes and have a listen.
    That is how much against BM I am. I have a complete distaste for anything that comes out of there.

  • #8
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,477
    Concert Stars
    Very nice to hear that from martina. I would love this!
    jimshoe likes this.

  • #9
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    I wish I could, but I just can't get into Martina McBride. Her answer to the fan question was generic and to be expected. Her enthusiasm at the prospect was at best 'limp excitement'. The fact is, if she had wanted to duet with Carrie , she's had plenty of time to do so. It took her a nano second to duet with Kelly Clarkson. In my mind I think I know why Martina has not and will never duet with Carrie and I bet Carrie knows too. I know, I know, cynical much? I couldn't help myself.
    Ha ha, I won't fault you for sounding cynical, it sounds too much like myself.
    But, you are missing out if you don't go back alittle and listen to some of Martina in her prime.
    So much of what Carrie does today comes out of what Martina was doing. There are few that have a vvoice that do Martina. And because Carrie did, Martinas style and tantent influenced Carrie alot. I hear it in her singing style all the time.

    Anyway, I heard what you heard in her voice when asked the question, but I bet she has been asked that alot. And as I don't imagine they know eachother all that well (which may be Carrie choice as much as Martinas) I don't expect for Martina to sound all that impressed with dueting with Carrie.

    And as for any concern that Carrie would outdo her; again I encourage you to go back and listen to Martinas stuff, her voice is every bit as big and strong and subtle and effective. I might actually give her a slight lead only because her voice as a fuller rounder tone that creates a more impressive belting. But that really has nothing to do with talent. On talent they are equals at least.
    Smokyiiis and lizcarlo like this.

  • #10
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,215
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Ha ha, I won't fault you for sounding cynical, it sounds too much like myself.
    But, you are missing out if you don't go back alittle and listen to some of Martina in her prime.
    So much of what Carrie does today comes out of what Martina was doing. There are few that have a vvoice that do Martina. And because Carrie did, Martinas style and tantent influenced Carrie alot. I hear it in her singing style all the time.

    Anyway, I heard what you heard in her voice when asked the question, but I bet she has been asked that alot. And as I don't imagine they know eachother all that well (which may be Carrie choice as much as Martinas) I don't expect for Martina to sound all that impressed with dueting with Carrie.

    And as for any concern that Carrie would outdo her; again I encourage you to go back and listen to Martinas stuff, her voice is every bit as big and strong and subtle and effective. I might actually give her a slight lead only because her voice as a fuller rounder tone that creates a more impressive belting. But that really has nothing to do with talent. On talent they are equals at least.
    One of my all time favorites was CONRETE ANGEL
    pklongbeach and lizcarlo like this.

  • #11
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    24,230
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    She's not with BM anymore. I think she's independently producing this herself.
    Side note. The next time someone here thinks Carrie should jump labels, just remember this. Jumping labels is very risky.

  • #12
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    One of my all time favorites was CONRETE ANGEL
    Broken Wing.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

  • #13
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    I like God's Will alot to cause it felt very much like a song that she really "wanted to sing" much in the same way that Carrie makes some of the choices she does about songs that may or may not have mass appeal, but she herself is effected by it, so she just wants to sing it.
    (I don't know the back story of Gods Will, but that is my impression of it)
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #14
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars

    wow, 4 million views.
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

  • #15
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,689
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwoodismyHero View Post
    Yeah because it would make her relevant again lolol
    I think that gorgeous voice will always be relevant in country music. I still hear her a great deal on my stations. No huge hits lately, but she's been there/done that!!

    Carrie says everyone owes it to themselves to attend a Martina concert. Someday, I hope I have the opportunity to do just that.

  • #16
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,689
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post

    wow, 4 million views.
    Thank you. Beautiful!!
    pklongbeach likes this.

  • #17
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Ha ha, I won't fault you for sounding cynical, it sounds too much like myself.
    But, you are missing out if you don't go back alittle and listen to some of Martina in her prime.
    So much of what Carrie does today comes out of what Martina was doing. There are few that have a vvoice that do Martina. And because Carrie did, Martinas style and tantent influenced Carrie alot. I hear it in her singing style all the time.

    Anyway, I heard what you heard in her voice when asked the question, but I bet she has been asked that alot. And as I don't imagine they know eachother all that well (which may be Carrie choice as much as Martinas) I don't expect for Martina to sound all that impressed with dueting with Carrie.

    And as for any concern that Carrie would outdo her; again I encourage you to go back and listen to Martinas stuff, her voice is every bit as big and strong and subtle and effective. I might actually give her a slight lead only because her voice as a fuller rounder tone that creates a more impressive belting. But that really has nothing to do with talent. On talent they are equals at least.


    I will look into Martina's music.
    I believe in your confidence with Martina's vocals, but sometimes that level of confidence doesn't exist in the actual owner and influences their choices. Bottom line, I don't expect a duet or any kind of collaboration between Martina and Carrie............ever. And I'm OK with that.
    My original comment was really in respone to the authenticity, genuineness of the word 'fantastic' in the video heading.
    pklongbeach and oldyfan like this.

  • #18
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    IF there were going to be a duet, I think it would have to be instigated from Carries camp. And I agree, that it seems remote, at least at the moment.
    And really, especially now that she has just completed one with "the other big voice from Idol" Kelly Clarkson.
    Smokyiiis and pgk like this.

  • #19
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,215
    Concert Stars
    Yeah, first Reba, then Jason, then Keith, and in between...Vince Gill. Have I forgotten any?

  • #20
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,341
    IMO Martina's voice isn't what it used to be. There have been recent performances where to my ear her voice is straining to reach notes that she used to reach quite easily. And the purity isn't there as it once was. Plus IMO she's made some bad choices in songs and singles.

    And put me in the camp of not wanting this to happen. First impressions count alot and I just can't shake what I perceived as a standoffishness and a coldness from Martina toward Carrie when Carrie first started. I get where it might have come from but Carrie has so far surpassed anything that Martina started. Carrie left Martina in her dust and she ain't looking back. Carrie will be the legend in country music, Martina not so much.
    oldyfan and liveasong like this.


  •  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 17
      Last Post: 04-14-2014, 09:55 AM
    2. Martina McBride "Eleven" Era
      By Carrieflattsfan in forum Music
      Replies: 80
      Last Post: 10-07-2013, 07:36 AM
    3. Carrie Underwood wants George Michael duet
      By Naco1776 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 04-24-2012, 10:59 AM
    4. Martina McBride Vs. Carrie Underwood (K-Frog)
      By liveasong in forum Carrie Underwood Voting Threads
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: 04-13-2012, 10:08 PM
    5. K102 Minnesota interview with Martina McBride (Carrie mention)
      By opry051008 in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: 05-01-2011, 01:45 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •