Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Short Clip of Juliue Andrews on Larry King Talking About Carrie & Sound of Music

  1. #1
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,477
    Concert Stars

    Short Clip of Juliue Andrews on Larry King Talking About Carrie & Sound of Music

    Ani ‏@AniHayeren Julie Andrews Talks About Carrie Underwood and "The Sound of Music" Remake | Larry King Now | Ora TV http://youtu.be/qQhZkZOoLII

  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472
    That's way too short. She didn't even get to really say anything...

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ann055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,189
    It was done awhile back.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #4
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,477
    Concert Stars
    I wonder if a longer clip can be found? I am sure she said more.

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Very nice! Julie seems like a really classy, sweet lady. Carrie's probably over the moon because she has her blessing.
    pklongbeach likes this.

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ann055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,189
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I wonder if a longer clip can be found? I am sure she said more.
    That's all that I have seen and it was from several weeks ago, I believe.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #7
    Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Posts
    107
    I'm sorry but I don't think she's happy about Carrie taking her role. Look at her non-verbal lenguage.

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan Daraebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDemiuges View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't think she's happy about Carrie taking her role. Look at her non-verbal lenguage.
    Carrie is not taking her role. Carrie is playing the role that Mary Martin played in the Broadway version. Plus she always sits like that. If you look at her interviews with Oprah and others, she is always that way.

  • #9
    Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraebe View Post
    Carrie is not taking her role. Carrie is playing the role that Mary Martin played in the Broadway version. Plus she always sits like that. If you look at her interviews with Oprah and others, she is always that way.
    It doesn't matter. She obviously feels like it's her role. It's not a bad thing to take another's role. I don't mean take as in steal. And it's not only the way she sits, it's her face, her gestures, her choice of words. That other time when she said she'd like to meet Carrie etc, she never actually said anything positive about her. I wouldn't say she has her blessing.

    I'm just saying, from what she said, I don't get that she gave her blessing or likes the thing, she's just .....elegantly respectful.
    teesharky likes this.

  • #10
    Insane Carrie Fan chevrolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    5,438
    Julie has always been a prim and proper stick-in-the-mud. And I mean that in a good way.

  • #11
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,322
    Concert Stars
    She wished her well, and seemed to think that doing it live was amazing! I'd say...all good!!
    teesharky and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

  • #12
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    shes so sweet!!

  • #13
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,925
    Actually her response is in answer to Larry's comment about it all being 'live'. Her expression and comment is that the whole project is daunting, extremely challenging and sympathized with the artist, in this case Carrie.

  • #14
    Obsessed Carrie Fan PRGuy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,631
    Concert Stars
    I think Julie is empathizing with Carrie about the challenges of taking on a project of this kind in a live setting. I saw another clip of this program where she talks about lip synching: Julie Andrews Talks About Lip Syncing and Beyonce | Larry King Now | Ora TV - YouTube. I'm assuming that she is talking about making the movie here?

    I think Julie's acknowledgment that this is quite an undertaking is another tribute to Carrie's bravery and talent.

  • #15
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    "Poor lady"!! ha ha ha.

    Julie is a very longtime stage and screen actress who has seen the role of Maria done a million times by a million other women.

    She made roles famous on broadway and then handed them off to someone else many times.

    She is in her 70's (at least), she would not possibly feel like the role of Maria was being taken away from her.
    No one is ever going to be able to remove her from her role in the film. She knows that. And anyone who takes on the role knows that.
    I truly believe that she is perfectly happy with the situation and the choice of Carrie.
    (If anything, she is either tired of being asked (possibly, but I doubt it) or thrilled that once again the project The Sound of Music is coming to the public again which means lots to publicity and noteriety for her.
    ITs a win for her regardless of how it plays out.
    Sounding bitter would be a terrible position to take. And she is just not the type.

    Again, keep in mind, hse is a 602 year veteren in the entertainment industry. You can't expect her to act like a school girl just because Sound of Music is being rehashed for the millionth time.
    teesharky and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

  • #16
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    I think Julie is empathizing with Carrie about the challenges of taking on a project of this kind in a live setting. I saw another clip of this program where she talks about lip synching: Julie Andrews Talks About Lip Syncing and Beyonce | Larry King Now | Ora TV - YouTube. I'm assuming that she is talking about making the movie here?

    I think Julie's acknowledgment that this is quite an undertaking is another tribute to Carrie's bravery and talent.
    Absolutely. That was a little bit of insight into the fact that what you hear in the film is the absolute best take of the song in a sudio setting. Carrie will have to try to sound that good "live" with the whole world waiting for her to fail.
    Julie understands what is coming for Carrie in the form of harsh judgement and criticism. And it would make any singer shake in their boots.
    Carrie literally is showing nerves of steel!!
    Gator, PRGuy79, teesharky and 1 others like this.

  • #17
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,864
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    "Poor lady"!! ha ha ha.

    Julie is a very longtime stage and screen actress who has seen the role of Maria done a million times by a million other women.

    She made roles famous on broadway and then handed them off to someone else many times.

    She is in her 70's (at least), she would not possibly feel like the role of Maria was being taken away from her.
    No one is ever going to be able to remove her from her role in the film. She knows that. And anyone who takes on the role knows that.
    I truly believe that she is perfectly happy with the situation and the choice of Carrie.
    (If anything, she is either tired of being asked (possibly, but I doubt it) or thrilled that once again the project The Sound of Music is coming to the public again which means lots to publicity and noteriety for her.
    ITs a win for her regardless of how it plays out.
    Sounding bitter would be a terrible position to take. And she is just not the type.

    Again, keep in mind, hse is a 602 year veteren in the entertainment industry. You can't expect her to act like a school girl just because Sound of Music is being rehashed for the millionth time.
    I almost corrected my typo about her being a 602 year old verteran in the industry, but it made me laugh so hard I decided to leave it there. Ha ha ha
    Pitocco and CrazyDreams1818 like this.

  • #18
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I almost corrected my typo about her being a 602 year old verteran in the industry, but it made me laugh so hard I decided to leave it there. Ha ha ha
    It just seems like 602 years.

  • #19
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I almost corrected my typo about her being a 602 year old verteran in the industry, but it made me laugh so hard I decided to leave it there. Ha ha ha

    I didn't even take it as a typo, I thought it was your way of emphasizing Julie's longevity in the industry.

  • #20
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,925
    When I do think of Carrie's SOM project I have to admit that I fear for Carrie. I try to reassure myself by believing that her team and Carrie herself wouldn't sign up for a move that, if unsuccessful, could at the least damage and at the most kill a career she cherishes. It's a live broadcast, with live singing, acting, many other actors and it's 3 hours long!!!! Oh yeah it definitely rattles my nerves. Carrie's either a most fearless and courageous gutsy person or...............But I'll be there to cheer her on, and defend and appreciate her efforts whatever the result.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. *****Carrie Sings The Sound Of Music*****
      By Carrie Country in forum Carrie On Youtube
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 11-04-2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Replies: 591
      Last Post: 06-04-2013, 07:54 AM
    3. Does Julie Andrews Approve of the New Sound of Music, Starring Carrie Underwood?
      By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 02-07-2013, 09:52 AM
    4. Carrie to star as Maria von Trapp in NBC The Sound of Music!
      By allirishgirl in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: 11-30-2012, 02:27 PM
    5. Carrie THe Sound Of Music!!!
      By Carrie Country in forum Carrie On Youtube
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 05-06-2011, 12:46 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •