Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Carrie on cover of Country Weeky...Interesting

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Carrie on cover of Country Weeky...Interesting

I'm assuming it's new...interesting cover...Kelly should not be considered a "woman of country"...

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Where's TayTay and Miranda? And while it's true about Kelly, it's better that she is there, than TayTay who is lighting the way for nobody. At least all three women do it for the music.

Ace
    Concert Stars
    I think we are in the "Give & Take" game here....

One of the "used to be Country to Pop" in exchange for the "used to be Pop to Country".......if that's the case, I guess the Country get a better deal.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Kelly is a good pop artist, but why in the world is she on the cover of Country Weekly?

Even Taylor deserves to be there over her. LOL. I know it isn't Kelly's fault country is embracing her, but this kind of thing just annoys me.

Concert Stars
    I mean I guess I'm just glad Carrie is on there vs being left out.
    AdamJ and rainbow1 like this.

I think Miranda deserves more than Kelly that cover! And the "women in country music getting smaller" sounds like "Taylor is out of country music now"

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Very cool cover Kelly is barely country but Carrie and Reba they should be there for sure

Carrie have a lot of presence!!!

Concert Stars
    It's only the cover. You never know what lurks within.
    Carrieflattsfan and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    I think Miranda deserves more than Kelly that cover! And the "women in country music getting smaller" sounds like "Taylor is out of country music now"
    I agree.Miranda and Blake probably don't like this, even though Kelly is their bud. Taytay should never be on anything publication website associated with country music, she should also never be mention in the same article taking about vocalists. And how in anyway is she lighting the path for women of country music, or anyone else, except her self. Granted Kelly is pop, but every country song she's sung, with the exception of MKIA has been been better country music that TayTay, except maybe TimMcGraw though in this case use the world singing very lightly.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    talk about slap in the face to Miranda. geez. Does Kelly like country? yes, but my god, she's a POP STAR.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    If anyone happens to pick this up i'd be interested to see what the article says.

Some more info on the article from CW's website-

December 17, 2012

What’s the reason behind the lack of new country female acts on the charts? And which young females are getting ready to represent the new generation?
    CW takes on these hot-button questions in a special cover section, which takes a look at three classes of female artists.
    Featured in this cover story are established acts such asReba McEntire and Faith Hill along with current young superstars Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert
    rainbow1 likes this.

I actually love that Kelly is on the cover...but maybe that's just me.

I find it rather ironic that the cover features Kelly, Reba and Carrie...when the industry absolutely adores Miranda and Taylor....Heh.

Concert Stars
    Apparently Miranda will be featured in the article according to the CW website description I posted above, but I guess they just decided to to put her on the cover.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    talk about slap in the face to Miranda. geez. Does Kelly like country? yes, but my god, she's a POP STAR.
    Becca
    I agree! I thought at least the two biggest women in country right now were Carrie & Miranda. I mean if they didn't put Miranda on the cover they could have put Martina, Sara or any one of the other women (Jana, etc).
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Another article: Taylor Passes Connie Smith to Break a Country Record.

Btw you can click on some links to read articles.

Concert Stars
    Agree that Miranda should have been on the cover. TS will probably have her very own cover considering her latest "record" article.

Windmills did a summary of the story:

The new Country Weekly cover is a story asking "Where Are All The Women In Country?" The cover features Kelly, Reba, and Carrie, and you can see the cover here.
    The story is motivated by Kelly's controversial nomination for CMA Female Vocalist Of The Year after doing very little during the year in country music other than releasing a "country" version of a pop hit that peaked at #21. The authors agree the problem was there was nobody else to nominate (I don't agree: Sara Evans did more to earn the nomination though the story ignores her, and I feel like Kellie deserved it on merit despite the lack of commercial success). So, they take a look at the state of women in country music and talk about some newcomers who have the chance to make more of a mark for women in the future. They go through 3 categories of country women and give each one a picture and blurb that summarizes what they've done so far in their careers:
    1) Veterans (Reba, Martina, Shania, and Faith each get a blurb)
    2) Currents (Carrie, Taylor, Miranda, Kelly/Kellie: Carrie, Taylor, and Miranda each get a blurb, and Kelly/Kellie get a joint blurb)
    3) Newcomers (Kacey Musgraves, Kelleigh Bannen, Kristen Kelly, and I believe Jana Kramer get blurbs. I don't remember seeing Lauren in there but it's been a couple days since I look at the magazine. I would've included her but, I think part of the issue is the other ladies are getting current promotion by their labels.)

Carrie's blurb talks about how she's been able to keep older country fans happy by not shying away from the country traditions of songs about cheating (like Before He Cheats), drinking (like Last Name), and revenge/murder (like Two Black Cadillacs) while attracting younger fans with her contemporary sound. Carrie's multigenerational appeal among country fans is something I'm glad people are starting to recognize and try to explain (Country Universe's founder also pointed this out in his recent review of Carrie's show in Newark NJ). Carrie's been connecting the traditional to the contemporary in country in a pretty specific way pretty much since she started out.
    The Kelly/Kellie joint blurb gives a little more ink to Kelly, mentioning her duets with Reba and Jason, MKIA, and now her single Don't Rush with Vince. Kellie's portion mentions she's had several hits and how her 3rd album proved she's country to the core.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    notice how Carrie's image is overlapped on top of Reba and Kelly
    Becca
    rainbow1 and maddkat like this.

Concert Stars
    Kelly totally shouldnt be on there!
    glenn7 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast