Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Blown Away On Sale for Black Friday for $5.00!

Concert Stars

Blown Away On Sale for Black Friday for $5.00!

woohoo! We got the Black Friday Special we wanted at Wally World! Love it!

hopefully Target and Best Buy will put it on sale too- but Walmart is huge for Black Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Friday Ads - Music CDs (Select) at Walmart

Concert Stars
    I am buying like 20 copies! lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    that's great, let's just hope they stock up!
    My Walmarts don't have any BAs in stock
    teesharky likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Nor do mine right now. Best Buy is out too. So they better freakin stock up!

She has the AMAs a few days before Black Friday so it is perfect timing.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Nor do mine right now. Best Buy is out too. So they better freakin stock up!

She has the AMAs a few days before Black Friday so it is perfect timing.
    Which means she'll probably perform a song from the album...probably BA.
    teesharky likes this.

I wish I was in the US, I would buy so many copies to gift my friends. Do not forget to buy them in different times, I think if you buy like 5+ copies all at once it will be the same as one copy towards sales.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    I wish I was in the US, I would buy so many copies to gift my friends. Do not forget to buy them in different times, I think if you buy like 5+ copies all at once it will be the same as one copy towards sales.

Ive heard that before, but idk if its true. Its still separate copies being sold. Better do it separate though just to be sure haha
    Manchs likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Hey Manchs - I'll buy it for you and you can reimburse me. I'll pay the postage. PM me if you are interested and let me know how many.
    Manchs, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Hope Blown Away sells TONS. Would like the other retailers to go to $5.00 also.
    teesharky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Hey Manchs - I'll buy it for you and you can reimburse me. I'll pay the postage. PM me if you are interested and let me know how many.
    Thanks a lot, Pi, unfortunately, I need an international credit card and my family does not have one right now. I was going to buy BA the release week, but I didn't because of this I asked a friend of mine who went to Canada to buy it for me, and she did.

Again, thanks a lot, I appreciate.

Concert Stars
    Yay! Another 'excuse' to buy more Carrie CDs (like I needed any ). I hope there is a ton of inventory for this huge sale. I am putting together a care package for our troops again this year -- so they better have BA stocked!

Concert Stars
    that is awesome!

Concert Stars
    Thats great news!!
    Come on Wally World, Now Stock them!!!!!!

Concert Stars
    ok I will buy 5, then get back in line, buy another 5, and do it all over again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ok I will buy 5, then get back in line, buy another 5, and do it all over again. lol

You don't need to get back in line, Just tell the cashier that you need them in separate purchases
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Follower
    Your right. I bought one for me and another for a friend the first day at Walmart. I told the cashier to ring them up seperately. She asked me why. I just said please do what I'm asking and she said ok.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Here is Billboard's reply about multiple purchases of a track or a CD. Informative but no specific maximum quantity per single purchase mentioned.

Buying a track two times would count as two sales. There could be a number of reasons you would want to buy the same song twice (maybe you want to have it on 10 different computers). However, if you were to buy a track, let's say, oh, 800 times, that would be considered an anomaly and would not count. So it's not possible to rig the charts by buying the same track an exorbitant amount of times. The same has always been true of physical records as well.

I know someone who purchased several hundred copies of the same CD single a few years ago to give out as gifts, and was surprised to find out that sale was not counted for the charts. I explained to her later that her sale must have been considered an anomaly, and possible chart-rigging, although that wasn't her intent. Perhaps if she had purchased 10 singles each at 80 different stores she would have made an impact on the charts, but I don't think she had the time or energy.

Link: Chart Beat Chat | Billboard (this question is from Dan at middle of webpage)
    opry051008, Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^makes sense to me!

So Tee, your 20 copies should be fine, but I would do it like 10 and 10 just to be sure haha
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Here is Billboard's reply about multiple purchases of a track or a CD. Informative but no specific maximum quantity per single purchase mentioned.

Buying a track two times would count as two sales. There could be a number of reasons you would want to buy the same song twice (maybe you want to have it on 10 different computers). However, if you were to buy a track, let's say, oh, 800 times, that would be considered an anomaly and would not count. So it's not possible to rig the charts by buying the same track an exorbitant amount of times. The same has always been true of physical records as well.

I know someone who purchased several hundred copies of the same CD single a few years ago to give out as gifts, and was surprised to find out that sale was not counted for the charts. I explained to her later that her sale must have been considered an anomaly, and possible chart-rigging, although that wasn't her intent. Perhaps if she had purchased 10 singles each at 80 different stores she would have made an impact on the charts, but I don't think she had the time or energy.

Link: Chart Beat Chat | Billboard (this question is from Dan at middle of webpage)
    This assertion is strange to me. Now how would he just 'happen' to know someone who purchased these CDs, and how would that person 'find out' that her sales were 'not counted for the charts'? Who is 'she'? Obviously not the 'average' consumer?? Seems dubious to me. Sorry for the cynicism, but I have a hard time believing some things that comes from Billboard.

Concert Stars
    It doesn't exacly make sense does it.
    If the story were told as a "what if" scenerio, it would obviously make sense, but as read, it is a little hard to believe.
    Gator likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast