Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Jamie Lynn Spears tweets about Carrie's Behind the music special

Junior Carrie Follower Daydreamer81's Avatar

Jamie Lynn Spears tweets about Carrie's Behind the music special

I don't know if this deserve its own thread but Jamie Lynn Spears tweeted about Carrie just now.

Watching #CarrieUnderwood on Behind the Music..Pray country fans/radio will give us all a chance- no matter our start or last name#hopeful

Concert Stars
    Jamie Lynn Spears wants to be a country artist? I'm confused.
    pklongbeach, Hil, PRGuy79 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Me too. Did she land a record deal? I thought she was still on some Nickelodeon show. But I've slept since then, so I probably missed it.

Junior Carrie Follower Daydreamer81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Yeah she does. I haven't heard much about it other than she's done a couple of shows and has written and recorded some songs.
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Wow that is so nice. She has tweeted about Carrie's legs before too. lol

I like Jamie. I have no issue with her being a country artist.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wow that is so nice. She has tweeted about Carrie's legs before too. lol

I like Jamie. I have no issue with her being a country artist.
    Hopefully, she will do better than Jessica Simpson trying to be a country artist xD
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    She's going to have a tough go of it. There's are so many wonderful female country artists right now an unfortunately there's only room for a few.
    rainbow1 likes this.

as long as Jamie releases a country album BEFORE getting a nom for acm/cma female vocalist i'll be fine. i am sorry but while kelly is a great singer and all, imo a female singer should have more than one country-remix before she gets a nom for female vocalist of the year for country awards., i mean why couldn't they nominated Jana sure she is what i could consider to be a new country artist, but she did have a top 5 country hit, and actually released a country album. unlike clarkson who didn't release a country album, and only had one remix of a pop song, that didn't even crack the top 20 on the country song chart.
    CarrieFan_01 likes this.

From what I've gathered, Jamie now resides in Nashville and has been working on demos.
    rainbow1 and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    She's going to have a tough go of it. There's are so many wonderful female country artists right now an unfortunately there's only room for a few.
    Yeah, and add to that the fact that she'll have a hard time shaking the "I'm Britney Spears' sister" thing. Unfortunately, a lot of people will not listen to her objectively or take her seriously as an artist because they will assume she is riding on her famous sibiling's coat tails. Sometimes, "who you know" can be a blessing. Sometimes "who you're related to" can be a curse.

Concert Stars
    I wish her the best, though. Hopefully, she'll have a fair shot.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    actuallly there are really only 2 country females doing well right now-- Carrie and Miranda-- and one pop singer, Taylor. lol

There are really not very many females doing well right now, so I think it would be nice for someone new to break through- if worthy.

Jana Kramer had one big hit but it is too soon to tell how she will do after that.
    liveasong likes this.

Carrie Guru
    actuallly there are really only 2 country females doing well right now-- Carrie and Miranda-- and one pop singer, Taylor. lol

There are really not very many females doing well right now, so I think it would be nice for someone new to break through- if worthy.

Jana Kramer had one big hit but it is too soon to tell how she will do after that.
    ....and soon to be pop singer Kelly Clarkson.

Jana Kramer has had one big hit and seemed to be hand picked by the radio programmers but she hasn't sold many albums. So you're right, it's too soon to tell.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Do you remember how they treated Julianne Hough?
    bs63093 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    wow so cool...I love her!

Concert Stars
    Doesn't it seem fair and right to judge her on her output?
    Her statement suggests a sense of entitlement.
    "I hope they can give us all a chance....."
    As soon as you put out some music and it is credible and artistic, maybe we can start to talk about "giving you a chance".
    Why would you "give someone a chance" on the Broadway stage, if they have never sung broadway music before?
    Lets not put the cart before the horse.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    as long as Jamie releases a country album BEFORE getting a nom for acm/cma female vocalist i'll be fine. i am sorry but while kelly is a great singer and all, imo a female singer should have more than one country-remix before she gets a nom for female vocalist of the year for country awards., i mean why couldn't they nominated Jana sure she is what i could consider to be a new country artist, but she did have a top 5 country hit, and actually released a country album. unlike clarkson who didn't release a country album, and only had one remix of a pop song, that didn't even crack the top 20 on the country song chart.
    How does an entire paragraph complaining about Kelly's nomination (yet again) relate to Jamie possibly releasing country music ?

Best of luck to Jamie. Her road and Carrie's are nothing alike, and Jamie is going to have to work really hard to get over having the Spears name attached to her. She is going to have a tough time getting people to take her seriously. Does anyone know what her singing voice sounds like?

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    How does an entire paragraph complaining about Kelly's nomination (yet again) relate to Jamie possibly releasing country music ?

Best of luck to Jamie. Her road and Carrie's are nothing alike, and Jamie is going to have to work really hard to get over having the Spears name attached to her. She is going to have a tough time getting people to take her seriously. Does anyone know what her singing voice sounds like?
    it doesn't i am just saying that if Jamie, or any other famous person outside of the country music business wants to be a singer, then i'll be o.k with, i just PREFER, for the outsider to release a country album BEFORE getting a nom for male/female/duo/group vocal/artist of the year at country music awards. (acm, cma, cmt, aca)

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think she sang the theme song to ZOEY 101 lol I loved that show but tbh i think she is a little better vocally than britney

Concert Stars
    As a "country singer" I think she is going to have to out live that Karaoke fiasco on SNL.
    I think that is still at the front of a lot of peoples minds with regards to her.
    And if you have to lipsync on SNL, than that does not make you that great a singer.
    And for someone like her, I would think she is going to have to deliver decent vocals to be able to break through.
    And Jessica couldn't do it. And she is (believe it or not) a "decent" vocalist.
    I have no idea about Jamie.
    But I always feel this way, with as much opportunity as she has been given in the industry, I think we would know by now if she were a good singer.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast