Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Graceland: Carrie's White Jumpsuit on Display

Concert Stars

Graceland: Carrie's White Jumpsuit on Display

Imagine my surprise when I saw Carrie represented via her white jumpsuit at Graceland!

Sorry, I don't know how to rotate the pic on here. (I also took a pic of the plaque that describes Carrie when Carrie wore the jumpsuit, but it's turned out too blurry to read. It's located to the left of the other one.)

DSC04449.jpgDSC04447.jpg

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    lol, that's interesting , but fitting.
    I always said Carrie channeled Elvis at times.

thanks
    Gator likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    lol, that's interesting , but fitting.
    I always said Carrie channeled Elvis at times.

thanks

I know I'm the only one who sees it, but I've always said Carrie could have been a presley offspring...she has some of the same facial expressions as Elvis and I've always seen a resemblance between Carrie and Lisa-Marie Presley.
    glenn7, teesharky and Gator like this.

Carrie Guru
    Wow. That's surprising. Thanks for letting us know and sharing your pic.
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    woah so cool!!!
    Gator likes this.

Carrie Guru
    "I told you so" As I have said so many times, to me, Carrie is the Female Elvis Presley
    Gator and bearball49 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    I agree - with Carrie's Elvis-like connection. On our way to Graceland I explained to my friends how Carrie was selected to sing 'with Elvis' on his Christmas. After seeing the display, my friends (again, new Carrie fans) even commented that Carrie reminds them of a female Elvis. Even stated, "Who knows, maybe she'll even take up acting!" Of course, I informed them of "Soul Surfer" and HIMYM!

Concert Stars
    Tx for sharing! So cool!

We know Lisa Marie Presley likes Carrie since Carrie got to be on the Elvis xmas cd by personal request of Lisa.

So maybe that is the connection too.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    WOW! Thats quite an honor!! Personally love that duet she did with Presley and she didn't look too shabby in that pantsuit when she wore it either!

Carrie Guru
    Gator did they have a display for the other artists who were on that Elvis Christmas CD or just Carrie?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Gator did they have a display for the other artists who were on that Elvis Christmas CD or just Carrie?
    There were several artists, however, none I recognized from the Christmas CD. The artists I remember are (in random order): Elton John, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Joan Jett, Trisha Yearwood, Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews, Bono, Bruce Springsteen and Katy Perry. I'm sure I'm missing some, some that I may not have seen, and others that I don't remember. Once I recognized Carrie's jumpsuit, I concentrated on it, and everything else became a blur! However, I can say there were some contemporaries that I looked for and did not see.

Carrie Guru
    When I said Carrie is the Female Elvis, I am referring to Carrie's Charisma and talents: in my opinion, there is no female country artist who has the charisma like Carrie Underwood. the same can be said for her talent, she can sing any kind of music and it sounds very good.
    Last edited by Mirasa45A; 09-29-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    When I said Carrie is the Female Elvis, I am referring to Carrie's Charisma and talents: in my opinion, there is no female country artist who has the charisma like Carrie Underwood. the same can be said for her talent, she can sing any kind of music and it sound very good.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Elvis was like Carrie in many ways. His music always pushed the envelope. He was always a mixture of genres that sometimes confused people. He was an openly devout Christian who was not afraid to mix gospel into a concert, no matter where he performed. Being a devout Baptist, he was crticized for both his tight attire and his hip swiviling sexuality. His over the top vocal ability was recognized by even those that did not like him or respect him. He was loyal to his friends and family and extremely close with his mother. He was a legend in his own time even tho people could not figure out if he was a country artist artist, rock and roll artist or a gospel singer. He was a photogenic person that tabloids could not get enough of. Women worshipped him and men were jealous. His movies were critcal flops, but fans loved him. What is the first thing most people mention when hearing her sing HGTA......there are always Elvis comparison, she is either just under him or one better than him. I was part of the Elvis era. I was disheartened by his addiction to food and drugs, but it only made him a flawed human. I know that the day he was reported dead was tough as he was only a week or two of performing at the Syracuse, NY War Memorial so it was really tough to believe. Probably the only other celebrity deaths that affected me similarly were John Lennon's murder and Princess Diana's death. Hard to believe that you can actively grieve for someone you did not know personally, but that is what happens when someone is a legend in their own time. Anyway, the two if them certainly share a rare musical talent, charisma and spritual awareness that will nit soon be surpassed.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Elton John, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Joan Jett, Trisha Yearwood, Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews, Bono, Bruce Springsteen and Katy Perry.
    I'm not a Katy Perry hater by any stretch of the imagination, but wow! Talk about not fitting in.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    I'm not a Katy Perry hater by any stretch of the imagination, but wow! Talk about not fitting in.
    Agree. Unfortunately, I did not read her plaque, or I might have a clue as to why.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    She fits in quite nicely. lol.

teesharky likes this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    There are so many posts I'd like to say that' 'pgk likes this' but I don't know how to get the 'like' option to work. Would someone please let me know how to do this, or, I'm sure this is not the right place to ask about this, then please direct me as to where I can get this information? Thank you kindly.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    She fits in quite nicely. lol.
    Opry, thanks for refreshing my memory!

Honestly, I was so pleased to see Carrie's display, that's all I really paid attention to!
    opry051008 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    There are so many posts I'd like to say that' 'pgk likes this' but I don't know how to get the 'like' option to work. Would someone please let me know how to do this, or, I'm sure this is not the right place to ask about this, then please direct me as to where I can get this information? Thank you kindly.
    There should be a "Like" "Share" down on the right hand side of the post box. You just click Like and it will add you to the list of people who liked the post or just add you if no one else has liked the post yet. Hope that helps.
    pgk likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast