Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Entertainment Weekly Comment About CMAS & Carrie's Chances :)

Concert Stars

Entertainment Weekly Comment About CMAS & Carrie's Chances :)

Ace
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    haha...you and me both Tees
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    haha...you and me both Tees
    Me too. OK bYE.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I agree, but frankly, I think next year is going to be blockbuster for her.....looking for a long overdue EOTYA nod for CMA's. That one really has to suck for her as the voting is by her peers. Have never gotten some they have put over her....not even a nomination? That is so predjudicial that it is scary. One year in particular stands out and while it is over and done with, will their predjudice continue and why? If nothing else, I think it hurt Carrie enough that this album she took above and beyond and lost any artistic shyness. It is almost like she says I tried it your way and you didn't like me....now I am all about pleasing myself and my fans!!! Kudos Carrie....no matter who wins, we recognize your amazing talent.

ok the thing tee posted is going to make ALL carrie fans day; it already made my day and i haven't even clicked on the link yet lol
    teesharky and liveasong like this.

Concert Stars
    made my night!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I see FVOTY going to either Carrie or Miranda and I like Carrie's chances with having a stronger back half of the time period and I don't buy into one word of the CMA's are out to get Carrie BS.

Album could go to several artists and whoever does end up winning that is going to beat out several worthy nominees and artist who are not even nominated, you never know what is going to happen with single or song.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I see FVOTY going to either Carrie or Miranda and I like Carrie's chances with having a stronger back half of the time period and I don't buy into one word of the CMA's are out to get Carrie BS.

Album could go to several artists and whoever does end up winning that is going to beat out several worthy nominees and artist who are not even nominated, you never know what is going to happen with single or song.
    My take was that everyone thought everyone else was voting for Carrie so they didn't.

Awesome! I want that FVOTY so bad! lol
    rainbow1 and nccountrygal like this.

Carrie Guru
    If Carrie Underwood does not win "Female Vocalist of the Year", that' means the academy is playing "Politics" -- because there is NO other female country singer who is BETTER than Carrie Underwood today (or in the past 5 years).

Concert Stars
    I certainly hope so! I get my hopes up every year for the last 3 years and it was dashed so I want to get my hopes up . . . but having EW say this made my day!
    Last edited by liz278; 08-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    bearball49, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    If Carrie Underwood does not win "Female Vocalist of the Year", that' means the academy is playing "Politics" -- because there is NO other female country singer who is BETTER than Carrie Underwood today (or in the past 5 years).
    No matter who wins there are always some politics involved in it and it's always been that way.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by claire2004 View Post
    awesome! I want that fvoty so bad! Lol
    i do too!!!

i want Album of the year
    carebear4eva likes this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Pretty sure Carrie will be nominated for FVOTY this year at the CMAs but she won't win

Concert Stars
    FVOTY belongs to Carrie this yeaar! Miranda is not doing very well. After the success of THTBM, I can see why Miranda won as that was a HUGE single for her and everyone felt that she was long over due. But NOW I feel that she is OVER rewarded. (I am worried that Taylor might get it due to her HUGE success of her lead single and her HUGE sales of her new album due out in October! I am annoyed!!)

Concert Stars
    I'm going with a win!!!
    liz278, maddkat and DaisyTweets like this.

i wouldn't be surprise if carrie doesn't win female vocalist after all she wasn't exactly in the music scene for the first half of the elgibility period not unless you count remind me and hosting the cma's with brad.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Taylor has no shot. She did nothing in the eligibility period. Miranda has only had one number one single, as well as carrie and carries single was more popular. Plus, carries album has sold more and spent like 5 weeks a top the country charts. Carrie has way more buzz in the second half than Miranda.
    Becca
    JB172 and Claire2004 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Taylor has no shot. She did nothing in the eligibility period. Miranda has only had one number one single, as well as carrie and carries single was more popular. Plus, carries album has sold more and spent like 5 weeks a top the country charts. Carrie has way more buzz in the second half than Miranda.
    Becca
    I totally agree that Swift has no shot to win and I think that the buzz that Carrie has had in the 2nd half is why she will win.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast