Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Brief mention of Carrie on the BBC

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar

Brief mention of Carrie on the BBC

(Only a brief mention in a general discussion - but she was the only contemporary chart artist mentioned by name in the interview, and both references focused on her drawing power for big audiences.)

Bob Harris is our leading Country DJ. He was interviewing Vince Gill, and they were talking about the big changes in the music industry, much of which is in decline. Bob said "But it's not all negative, is it?. Look at your TV broadcast with Carrie Underwood - you've had - what 6, 7 million views on YouTube?" Today you can connect with so many people.

Vince went on to refer to American Idol. He said that he had to start in bars and get fans one by one, face to face. Today, 100 miliion people can turn on TV and learn about an artist before they even have a record out. I don't see that as a negative. If they'd had that 30 years ago, I would have done it that way myself."
    carrieismy1idol likes this.

Thanks for sharing this. Vince has always been supportive of Carrie.

Concert Stars
    nice little mention...exposure is everywhere!

Concert Stars
    Nice! Vince Gill was one of the very first people to support Carrie in country music. Such a class act.

Did he say anything about the millions of views on youtube for HGTA? He must love it.

Very nice of Vince! He has ALWAYS supported Carrie!!

Concert Stars
    It's an Okie thing!!!

Good Girl is now in the playlist of BBC Radio 2.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That's nice. It's good to see others supporting Carrie. That makes me happy. I'd love to see her promote in the UK. That would be amazing.

@Carrie_UK
    @carrieunderwood's Good Girl has made it onto @BBCRadio2's A List! Take a look here: http://t.co/buv4ziRS

Concert Stars
    ^nice!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Very good news.

Concert Stars
    Fantastic!!!!!

Concert Stars
    PER to the FECT!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    @Carrie_UK
    @carrieunderwood's Good Girl has made it onto @BBCRadio2's A List! Take a look here: BBC - Radio 2 - Playlist
    Thanks Ann. How good is it to be on the A list as far as exposure for Carrie?

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Thanks Ann. How good is it to be on the A list as far as exposure for Carrie?
    I think it is good -- apparently, it was on the B list first -- but our UK friends can explain it to us so we understand how it works --

Our UK friends, will you explain how this works? Thank you!
    opry051008 and liveasong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    I think it is good -- apparently, it was on the B list first -- but our UK friends can explain it to us so we understand how it works --

Our UK friends, will you explain how this works? Thank you!
    This is what the official website says about the playlist;

"The Playlist Committee, made up of producers and chaired by Jeff Smith, Head of Music Radio 2, meet each week to decide which new releases will be added to the station's playlist.

The playlist contains about 30 tracks which are divided into three levels: A list which receives the most plays, between 15 and 20 per week; B list between 5 and 10 plays and up to 5 plays per week for the C list.

The Radio 2 playlist is one of the most varied of any radio station in the UK and can include albums as well as singles. Before any track can be considered it must be commercially available or be within 4 weeks of commercial availability."

The unfortunate thing is, Good Girl has been mysteriously removed from UK iTunes. Obviously, this means that it is unlikely to appear on the UK charts as they are based on sales only - Airplay doesn't count for anything chartwise here.
    On the plus side though, Radio 2 is the most popular station here & (according to it's Wikipedia page) has a 14.9% audience share. It's also listened to all over the world, so that's ALOT of people listening to Carrie!
    Gator and carrieismy1idol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUK View Post
    This is what the official website says about the playlist;

"The Playlist Committee, made up of producers and chaired by Jeff Smith, Head of Music Radio 2, meet each week to decide which new releases will be added to the station's playlist.

The playlist contains about 30 tracks which are divided into three levels: A list which receives the most plays, between 15 and 20 per week; B list between 5 and 10 plays and up to 5 plays per week for the C list.

The Radio 2 playlist is one of the most varied of any radio station in the UK and can include albums as well as singles. Before any track can be considered it must be commercially available or be within 4 weeks of commercial availability."

The unfortunate thing is, Good Girl has been mysteriously removed from UK iTunes. Obviously, this means that it is unlikely to appear on the UK charts as they are based on sales only - Airplay doesn't count for anything chartwise here.
    On the plus side though, Radio 2 is the most popular station here & (according to it's Wikipedia page) has a 14.9% audience share. It's also listened to all over the world, so that's ALOT of people listening to Carrie!
    Thank you so much for this information. At least alot of people will hear Carrie! I wonder why GG was removed from UK iTunes...that is strange...

We do have an airplay chart, however. Carrie's a new entry at #56 with 26 plays & 16.01 million impacts - The UK Radio Airplay Chart
    Ann055 and carrieismy1idol like this.

Junior Carrie Follower Daydreamer81's Avatar
    That's amazing. I'm kinda hoping she gets bump up to radio 1 though. I'm not from the UK so i'm not 100% positive how it works but I hear radio 1 is better or at least has more listener than radio 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer81 View Post
    That's amazing. I'm kinda hoping she gets bump up to radio 1 though. I'm not from the UK so i'm not 100% positive how it works but I hear radio 1 is better or at least has more listener than radio 2.
    I think Radio 2 has around 14 million listeners & Radio 1 has around 11 million (or something around there). Radio 1 has a younger audience and plays more chart music, so if Carrie could get some heavy rotation on Radio 1 it's almost a guarantee that she'd make it at least into the Top 20. Although Radio 2 has more listeners, stereotypically, they tend to be older and (arguably) less likely to download the tracks that they hear. Radio 2 airplay is awesome, but you're right, if Carrie could make it onto Radio 1 she could be global in just a few spins.
    Last edited by CarrieUK; 04-11-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Ann055 and carrieismy1idol like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast