Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2303 of 2305 FirstFirst ... 1303180322032253229323012302230323042305 LastLast
Results 46,041 to 46,060 of 46092
Like Tree174617Likes

Thread: Carrie's Twitter & Instagram

Concert Stars
    My thought with the wonder bread comment was that if she is in between the two and she is wonder bread, what does that make Taylor?
    And btw, why are there still so many that still refer to Taylor Swift when discussing the country music industry today. She in no where near it........

Concert Stars
    I was pleasantly surprised to see my morning news team (the most popular morning news show in all of California, covering the story of the "superhero dress-up". That was nice.

Not quite as nice was the unnecessary reference to Kelly Clarkson being along side Carrie as the two most popular artists to come out of American Idol. I mean really folks? Unless this was an intentional leader-story to the build up of AI coming back I see no reason "11 years later" to keep referencing AI and Kelly Clarkson just because your producers want to do a story on Carrie Underwood. She has been the biggest female artist in country music for the last decade, I think her name alone stands for itself!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    I wasn't a fan of the wonder bread part either. I am also tired of critics always saying that she is somewhere in between Miranda and Taylor. I am always like she is her own artist.
    I don't think they meant it to slam her. Her style is in between Miranda and Taylor. She's not as pop as Swift and not as country as Lambert. She lands in between. I'm sure they really didn't mean to degrade her. And Wonder Bread was just a reference to her wide appeal. No reason to nitpick everything someone says, it was a very complimentary article.
    pgk, Carrieslegs84, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    @enews
    Carrie Underwood plays dress up with her family. Maybe next time the villains will think before they cheat. eonli.ne/2vtA0mc
    The replies to this tweet was very funny!
    rainbow1 and lolita55 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I don't think they meant it to slam her. Her style is in between Miranda and Taylor. She's not as pop as Swift and not as country as Lambert. She lands in between. I'm sure they really didn't mean to degrade her. And Wonder Bread was just a reference to her wide appeal. No reason to nitpick everything someone says, it was a very complimentary article.
    In popular culture the term "wonder bread" is never meant as a compliment, never. I would agree that the writer either used the term too casually (as it was a complimentary article) or it was once again the continued suggestion that Carrie is generic and lacking in depth or flavor. Either way, I don't think its nit-picking. I think its a fair call to say "I don't like Carrie Underwood being referred to as wonder bread".

aka: I find Carrie with a great deal more depth than Taylor Swift and a lot more style and flair than Miranda Lambert.... So I see no point in bringing the other two up at all if what you mean to do is compliment Carrie.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    In popular culture the term "wonder bread" is never meant as a compliment, never. I would agree that the writer either used the term too casually (as it was a complimentary article) or it was once again the continued suggestion that Carrie is generic and lacking in depth or flavor. Either way, I don't think its nit-picking. I think its a fair call to say "I don't like Carrie Underwood being referred to as wonder bread".

aka: I find Carrie with a great deal more depth than Taylor Swift and a lot more style and flair than Miranda Lambert.... So I see no point in bringing the other two up at all if what you mean to do is compliment Carrie.
    I like wonder bread, so I'm not going to worry about it. When people find issue with every article ever written about Carrie, when there is really nothing to criticize, it is nitpicking.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Agree.I didn't care for use of the term 'wonder bread' either.Unless it's used to actually talk about bread it always has a negative connotation(and often when talking about the bread, as it is awful).The writer had to know that.
    rainbow1, lolita55 and DaisyTweets like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan

This.... I totally agree..... No need to bring Swift and Lambert into it at all......

Concert Stars

I think you may be confusing Wonder Bread with the term White Bread which has always been used as a synonym for bland. After all, Wonder Bread builds strong bodies 12 ways.
    adam1995, txacar, Suellen and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I think you may be confusing Wonder Bread with the term White Bread which has always been used as a synonym for bland. After all, Wonder Bread builds strong bodies 12 ways.
    Yay!! Thank you. Wonder Bread also was the first commercial sliced bread and placed the first sliced loaves on the shelves in 1930. Since I believe Carrie is the best thing since sliced bread, that means she is the best thing since 1930.
    Suellen, oldyfan, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Not to mention Wonder Bread is the most famous brand of bread in this country.
    Suellen, oldyfan, ethelu and 1 others like this.

This was just posted on Facebook.

Carrie Underwood

9 mins ·

Ace...

Concert Stars
    Carrie won Choice Country Artist at Teen Choice Awards tonight! yay! Not sure about her other category with Keith yet for The Fighter.

Concert Stars
    I guess Sam Hunt won Choice Country Song for Body Like a Wonderland. Oh well. Carrie won Choice Country Artist so that's awesome.
    Suellen, rainbow1, oldyfan and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    That's great, Tee!! Thanks for letting us know!! Congrats to Carrie!!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Radio Disney Country‏Verified account @RDCountry 20m20 minutes ago

Congratulations to @carrieunderwood, @SamHuntMusic & all the winners at the #TeenChoice Awards tonight!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I guess Sam Hunt won Choice Country Song for Body Like a Wonderland. Oh well. Carrie won Choice Country Artist so that's awesome.
    ..."wonderland"? .......too much talk of wonder bread, now we see it everywhere.....!! ha ha ha Wink!
    txacar and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    I will take it, Wink! Any effort to take a right out slight and bend it into a compliment for Carrie I will certainly not argue! You should have been a politician!! Cheers!
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    comment on Marks instagram post

cute video of leona
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BXxnpMDAhI0/

Suellen, rainbow1, txacar and 7 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @carrieunderwood
    2h
    Thanks so much, fans, for the Teen Choice Award for #ChoiceCountryArtist You guys are the best! @TeenChoiceFOX
    sd20, ethelu, DaisyTweets and 7 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•