Concert Stars

Carrie on Fox 23 news at 9pm last night

I was watching Fox 23 news at 9pm yesterday and they did a segment on Carrie and her hometown, Checotah. Here is the video. Just click on "Checotah: Carrie Underwood's hometown"

Local - FOX23 News

Concert Stars
    That was really sweet.
    That was the first time that I really got a sense of just how small a town Checoata is.
    Carrie has been wonderful to them. And they in turn have been wonderful to her in return.
    Thanks for this little reminder about a small town girl who made it "Real Big"

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Very nice mention. AI just started and Carrie will be releasing her lead single in less than 2 weeks. Cant wait. Now if we can have that Crossroads announcement.

Concert Stars
    It's so nice that they show their appreciation!!! Thanks, Jade!!

Concert Stars
    aww cool..thanks for the info!

Thanks Jade. I saw it too. They kept you tuning into the news too because they kept saying there was going to be a piece on Carrie. I like it when he said "international supersar" and there will only ever be one idol...for me there will only ever be Carrie!!

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    I actually drove by Checotah on my way to St. Louis last summer. We saw the football stadium and the sign. You actually have to get off the interstate to get into town so we didn't bother but it looked like a pretty typical small town.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    It's so nice that they show their appreciation!!! Thanks, Jade!!
    Indeed, thanks Jade for the post. The reporter said that Carrie's CATS foundation has donated more than 1 million dollars. I only recall the ~110k in band equipment, animal shelter, and the 350k playground/computers, etc. So much of the donations have been done under the radar - typical of Carrie.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Indeed, thanks Jade for the post. The reporter said that Carrie's CATS foundation has donated more than 1 million dollars. I only recall the ~110k in band equipment, animal shelter, and the 350k playground/computers, etc. So much of the donations have been done under the radar - typical of Carrie.
    I was thinking the same thing.

The town is smaller than the pictures make it look, lol Been there. The second stop light is not in downtown but near the interstate in front of WalMart.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks For The Link!!! Us Oklahomans Love Our Girl Carrie Marie Underwood Fisher!!!

Concert Stars
    We surely do!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    I remember Carrie saying she had more surprises for Checotah in December when she did that playground for the Checotah school but didn't hear anything after that. Maybe she raised more money for or donated more money to them and gave it to them in December???

We sure do love Our Girl!! I think Carrie gave money end of December or first of this month...I'll look for the thread, I think we have one. Remember, the schools gave her a wish list for things they needed and she donated again sometime just recently.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    There is that $350,00, the $170,000 (musical instruments) and the playground. Still missing maybe $400,000.

•