Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

New Project: "Beyond the Hits" (includes Carrie)!

Check this out!

Beyond Say:Blair Garner's TriPower Production Company is releasing its debut project, the 20-cut compilation Beyond The Hits, via iTunes beginning Jan. 10. The package will sell for $9.99 and feature tracks that weren't singles on previously released albums. Among the artists included are Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Lady A, Kenny Chesney and Carrie Underwood. A portion of the proceeds are earmarked for charity. For more information, click here.

Add'l Info -- From All Access:

BLAIR GARNER, host of PREMIERE RADIO NETWORK’s “AFTER MIDNITE WITH BLAIR GARNER,” is putting out an album featuring many of the artists that have visited his popular syndicated show. The project, “Beyond The Hits: 20 Years From Country’s Top Stars,” will be released by BLAIR’s production company, TRIPOWER. It will be released on JANUARY 10th.
    ‘It's no understatement to say I am a fan of country music,” said GARNER. “Not just a fan of the artists, but a fan of everyone involved: the songwriters, musicians, producers, all of it. Obviously not all the songs get the spotlight of being a single; it just doesn't work that way. Because of that I think some songs may not get their fair share of attention. BEYOND The Hits looks to change that. We want fans to realize the sheer depth and brilliance of these artists. Every cut on BEYOND could have been, in my opinion, a number one. I'm just lucky to be the guy to bring them to light.”
    Artists that are featured include ALAN JACKSON, CARRIE UNDERWOOD, LUKE BRYAN, RASCAL FLATTS, BRAD PAISLEY, MIRANDA LAMBERT, KENNY CHESNEY, and many more.
    The album will be priced at $9.99 and available on iTUNES. A portion of the proceeds will go to various charities.
    Last edited by Gator; 12-01-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Add'l Info

Huge Carrie Follower carrieforV's Avatar
    so exiting, thanks does this mean we will get a song that wasnt even on the cd or one that just wasnt released to radio? its for a good cause and exporsure for carrie, will def get at least carrie's song!

Quote Originally Posted by carrieforV View Post
    so exiting, thanks does this mean we will get a song that wasnt even on the cd or one that just wasnt released to radio? its for a good cause and exporsure for carrie, will def get at least carrie's song!
    No, sorry, it doesn't sound like new MATERIAL, just good songs that weren't singles (SWISLY!)

Concert Stars
    ^^ I added some add'l info that I found on All Access in my first post.

Concert Stars
    It will be interesting to see what songs they pick. IKYW? SWISLY?

Concert Stars
    I hope it is either IKYW or SWISLY !

cannot wait. Very cool!

Great find!! Oh, can't wait and a portion for charity as well...can't wait to see which song of Carrie's is on there!!!

Concert Stars
    This is an excellent idea! A great way to get songs like "SWISLY" out there for the people unfortunate enough not to have heard the song before.

Concert Stars
    very neat idea!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    If its coming out in January, hopefully it'll leak soon what song was picked - sure hope it was SWISLY - so many people missed hearing that awesome song!! I'm so excited! By that time maybe we'll know her first single also - more Carrie!!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I also think this is a very cool idea. I think I still have a shirt of his from the charity baseball game in Nashville. .

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I can't wait to see what Carrie song was chosen. I think SWISLY, IKYW, TNB(LGO), WCIS all would be great choices, however, there are many more songs I could list b/c Carrie has a really strong catalog in my opinion. I'm happy to have someone else choose one of her songs and it will be nice that the song will get some exposure. I think it is great that she is being included on this album. Great idea!

Junior Carrie Follower CarrieFan928's Avatar
    I really hope it's WCIS or SWISLY or Quitter. If they're not just focusing on the artists' newest releases, they might put IKYW since it's probably Carrie's best known non-single. But any Carrie song would be fine since they're all so amazing.

Concert Stars
    I've been saying for years that Carrie could release a CD of her greatest Album tracks and it would be ten times better then most artists greatest Hits albums .... You know SONGS LIKE THIS........ IAICA,SWG,TNBLGO,IKYW,YWFT,GOOTT,TMBIM,SWISLY

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    He picked "You Won't Find This"

@Carrie_UK:You Won't Find This will be featured on Blair Garner's 'Beyond The Hits' compilation. It will be released Jan 10th. Proceeds go to charity.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    This sounds a good idea - but I hope they broaden it beyond i-Tunes. i-Tunes doesn't allow my operating system (Linux) onto their site - and they also heavily regionalize their stores by credit card address, sometimes making it impossible to buy particular albums outside the USA.

Amazon is much more widely available, whatever computer system people use, and in most countries.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Here's the rest of the tracklist:

lan Jackson – “If Jesus Walked the World Today”
    Martina McBride – “Sunny Side Up”
    Luke Bryan – “First Love Song”
    Tim McGraw – “Can’t Tell Me Nothin’”
    Brad Paisley – “Better Than This”
    Jason Aldean – “I Believe In Ghosts”
    Sara Evans – “You Don’t”
    Trace Adkins – “Southern Hallelujah”
    Lady Antebellum – “Slow Down Sister”
    Darius Rucker – “Be Wary of a Woman”
    Miranda Lambert – “Guilty In Here”
    Kenny Chesney – “In a Small Town”
    Carrie Underwood – “You Won’t Find This”
    Keith Urban – “My Heart Is Open”
    Josh Turner – “Gravity”
    Rascal Flatts – “Cool Thing”
    Toby Keith – “Hurt a Lot Worse When You Go”
    Sugarland – “One Blue Sky”
    Billy Currington – “Heal Me”
    LeAnn Rimes – “You Take Me Home”

Concert Stars
    Thank you! I love "You Won't Find This"!! I wish he would have included SWISLY also, though. Maybe next time!

I have always loved "You Won't Find This"...one of Carrie's stronger vocals, in my opinion!

EDIT: LOL, I forgot to add that I think that this is a really cool and great idea!!!

I really like You Won't Find This, but there were more deserving tracks...

I would like to know something... where is Taylor Swift?

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast