Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ABC News interview with Carrie and Brad - CMA and album talk!

The album bit:

"My album is still a work in progress. I wanted to take a step back this year; last year was such a huge touring year for me. I kind of wanted to, you know, be married for a bit and figure all that stuff out. I've been writing a lot, and been in the studio quite a bit here lately, so we'll be putting the finishing touches on it pretty soon. And it'll be time to start the rounds and tour and stuff like that again before you know it."

2011 CMA Awards | Video - ABC News

Concert Stars
    so can't wait...this album is going to be epic!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    I really admire for putting her personal life FIRST! Life is too short, and fame is way too fleeting to not have your priorities in order.

One more reason why I love this girl so much. She is true to herself and the ones she loves. That is what life is really all about!!

Concert Stars
    I really appreciate comments and it does put alot of my fears into perspecitve.
    It sounds like many of you were right in saying that she herself wanted to take this time to reevaluate her life. And I am totally cool with that.
    (I still secretly think that some of that relfection comes from some disappointment in PO's acceptance by the industry.)
    But I am totally fine with her doing some soul searching and coming out the other end with some new insight into her own motivation and desire and intention.
    I think it is great. And if the new album sounds anything like Oklahoma Wind, I think we are in for the album of her career.

Carrie Guru
    The way ABC and the CMA promote the host of the show, makes me believe that Brad and Carrie will be asked to be the host again next year.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    It sounds like many of you were right in saying that she herself wanted to take this time to reevaluate her life. And I am totally cool with that.
    (I still secretly think that some of that relfection comes from some disappointment in PO's acceptance by the industry.)
    But I am totally fine with her doing some soul searching and coming out the other end with some new insight into her own motivation and desire and intention.
    I think it is great. And if the new album sounds anything like Oklahoma Wind, I think we are in for the album of her career.
    she said the majority of the album is uptempo, so its prob got more of a rock edge. She said with this album, as opposed to her other albums, she's had to actually find a play to put a slow song or two.
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post
    I really admire for putting her personal life FIRST! Life is too short, and fame is way too fleeting to not have your priorities in order.

One more reason why I love this girl so much. She is true to herself and the ones she loves. That is what life is really all about!!
    I totally agree with you!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    The way ABC and the CMA promote the host of the show, makes me believe that Brad and Carrie will be asked to be the host again next year.
    I'll see you next year and raise you, oh , how about 5 - 10 more years!!!!

I think Brad & Carrie can host the CMA Awards as long as they choose to do so. They're so good together and people anticipate their hosting the awards more and more each year. People are tweeting about it like crazy.

Ultimate Carrie Fan

I so totally agree with you! But yet its disappointing to see how some have seemed to have bailed on Carrie because of this year. I saw one tweet yesterday where the person said that they didn't think Carrie had the 'fire in her belly' to work all year or put in the work necessary to be a superstar. IMO she's already at SUPERSTAR and well on her way to legend.

I was walking this morning and I kept mulling this over and over, wondering how this can be said when all Carrie did for 5 - 6 years before this year was to work her tail off. Guess some will never be happy no matter what Carrie does.

IMO to see the obvious joy, happiness and contentment on her face is almost reward enough for me!!!!

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I so totally agree with you! But yet its disappointing to see how some have seemed to have bailed on Carrie because of this year. I saw one tweet yesterday where the person said that they didn't think Carrie had the 'fire in her belly' to work all year or put in the work necessary to be a superstar. IMO she's already at SUPERSTAR and well on her way to legend.
    as Tony Dungy said, "I really wanted to show people you can win all kinds of ways... For your faith to be more important than your job, for your family to be more important than that job... we all know that's the way it should be... "

and there are folks who want Carrie to make her fans #1 priority.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    as Tony Dungy said, "I really wanted to show people you can win all kinds of ways... For your faith to be more important than your job, for your family to be more important than that job... we all know that's the way it should be... "

and there are folks who want Carrie to make her fans #1 priority.
    Thank you for this post!!! Just looking at Carrie in the interviews yesterday and seeing how confident, funny, relaxed, beautiful and so happy makes me smile!!! I am so very happy for her and Mike and whenever she chooses to release her next album is fine with me!! I cannot be upset with her for making God, her husband and her family the first priorities in her life. She will forever be one of the very few vocalists who have her kind of talent. She's like a gift from God for all of us to enjoy!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

I was walking this morning and I kept mulling this over and over, wondering how this can be said when all Carrie did for 5 - 6 years before this year was to work her tail off. Guess some will never be happy no matter what Carrie does.

IMO to see the obvious joy, happiness and contentment on her face is almost reward enough for me!!!!
    Unfortunately there have been people on this very board insinuate this on a few occasions. It's very disappointing that anyone would doubt Carrie's commitment to her career just because she chose to take some personal time with her new husband.
    As you said, Carrie's face tells us that she is very happy in her life, and I think the slowed down schedule for the last several months did her some good. She's coming back stronger than ever!

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I'm a little confused by your comments. Wasn't Play On nominated for Album of the Year at last year's CMA awards? That hardly indicates an album that wasn't accepted by the industry. Yeah it didn't win but it was in the top 5. I'm thinking maybe fans are spoiled by success and have developed completely unrealistic expectations.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Thank you for this post!!! Just looking at Carrie in the interviews yesterday and seeing how confident, funny, relaxed, beautiful and so happy makes me smile!!! I am so very happy for her and Mike and whenever she chooses to release her next album is fine with me!! I cannot be upset with her for making God, her husband and her family the first priorities in her life. She will forever be one of the very few vocalists who have her kind of talent. She's like a gift from God for all of us to enjoy!!!!

She's a once in a generation singer/vocalist! Ann, I agree with everything in your post except this, no 'like' about it ---- SHE IS A GIFT FROM GOD!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I'm a little confused by your comments. Wasn't Play On nominated for Album of the Year at last year's CMA awards? That hardly indicates an album that wasn't accepted by the industry. Yeah it didn't win but it was in the top 5. I'm thinking maybe fans are spoiled by success and have developed completely unrealistic expectations.
    Believe me, I have to tell myself that everyday.

She's a once in a generation singer/vocalist! Ann, I agree with everything in your post except this, no 'like' about it ---- SHE IS A GIFT FROM GOD!
    Thank you for that correction Daisy...you are so right...she definitely is a GIFT FROM GOD!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Unfortunately there have been people on this very board insinuate this on a few occasions. It's very disappointing that anyone would doubt Carrie's commitment to her career just because she chose to take some personal time with her new husband.
    As you said, Carrie's face tells us that she is very happy in her life, and I think the slowed down schedule for the last several months did her some good. She's coming back stronger than ever!
    Yeah, I've seen those posts on here as well. Some of them have come from the same tweeter! When you list out all the things that Carrie has done this year, its still very impressive. So she didn't release a new album this year or tour as much. Just means she'll be stronger next year. But yet this year had some pretty fantastic things going on!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I don't know why people talk about Carrie's past year as if she went into 'hibernation'. It's been nothing like that at all. She has been very visible and continues to be. She was involved in a number of high profile collaborations and if you look at the spins her songs get it's clear radio hasn't forgotten about Carrie just because she doesn't have a new single out...Carrie's a superstar! And not just in country but in the entertainment business as a whole and the entertainment business recognizes that.

O/T: I'm a little confused with the description of the music for the new album: upbeat, edgy and it's this that has me confused folksy?? To me 'folksy' doesn't mesh well with edgy & upbeat. Nevertheless I just know I'm going to love this album.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    I don't know why people talk about Carrie's past year as if she went into 'hibernation'. It's been nothing like that at all. She has been very visible and continues to be. She was involved in a number of high profile collaborations and if you look at the spins her songs get it's clear radio hasn't forgotten about Carrie just because she doesn't have a new single out...Carrie's a superstar! And not just in country but in the entertainment business as a whole and the entertainment business recognizes that.

O/T: I'm a little confused with the description of the music for the new album: upbeat, edgy and it's this that has me confused folksy?? To me 'folksy' doesn't mesh well with edgy & upbeat. Nevertheless I just know I'm going to love this album.

Well, Carrie, did, in a way, go into "hibernation" this past year after "Play On" ended. She wasn't touring, didn't have her own single on radio, skipped out on multiple awards shows...etc.

I think many have been getting antsy because this down year has been much quieter than that of the past "down year" and that's mostly because Carrie has been taking a step back (<-- her words) to re-evaluate what she's doing and also so she can live as a married women, at least for a little bit (<-- Also, her own words). I commend Carrie for knowing her limits and what she wants. Too often, artists wear themselves out by going going going and as a result, they lose quite bit after all is said and done when their own relationships go down into flames. Carrie is wise for choosing to live her life, not just for herself but also for her other half.

It's no brainer that Carrie is still visible in some aspects because, like you said, she IS a superstar. Once she comes back, there will be a BIG storm sweeping throughout the country. Everybody, get ready!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast