Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ty

Country Weekly Interview Summary

Windmills over at MJ's Blog posted a nice recap of Carrie & Brad's latest Country Weekly interview:

The new Country Weekly cover story is a Carrie & Brad interview where they talk about cohosting the CMA Awards and also interview each other. Among other things Brad asks Carrie about when her 4th album is coming out and about how many outfit changes Carrie'll have at the CMA Awards this year. The interview took place on Sept 7th because Brad tweeted while it was going on.

I'm going to talk about the outfit part first but only because Carrie made an analogy that she brought up again for the album. Carrie says she wants to do something different this year with her CMA outfits, she may design one of her dresses, she has a few ideas but always has a tough time explaining them. She wants to be able to look back at pictures of these outfits and immediately recognize "this was year 4".

When Brad asks her about when her next album's coming out, Carrie says she feels like there's always been a date set before she even got started working on the album. She talked about how there's so many people who aren't as involved with making the album as she is who just say "Just give us something!" But, she says she doesn't want it to be that easy.

Going into this album Carrie really wanted to take some time to grow up, figure out where she wants to take the music, make the album, and then set a date. Just like this year's CMA outfits, she says she wants to be able to look back when she's 90 years old and know "this was album 4" and how it was totally different from album 3. She says she's making progress on it and has recorded half of it though there's no guarantee that'll all make the album.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    It doesn't sound as though the album will be released any time soon. I was hoping for a release before
    Christmas so that the album could take advantage of Christmas sales. It is crazy for us to worry about a certain sales date b/c Carrie doesn't seem to be worried about it.
    All I know is I can hardly wait, and I will be in the front of the line to buy it.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Is there a hint of some sort perhaps regarding the album's title since Brad repeated :"this was year 4", "this was album 4"???? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    Is there a hint of some sort perhaps regarding the album's title since Brad repeated :"this was year 4", "this was album 4"???? What do you think?
    I think you're reading too much into it :P

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    she doesn't want it to be that easy??

Maybe she'll just name the cd "4" , that's short and sweet and then she can take the easy road and be like Chicago..name all her cds sequentially.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well since this interview took place almost 2 months ago and since Carrie has said that she has a lead single in mind I would say she probably is almost done with the album. I think we will get the lead single sometime within the next two months and the album coming out in February 2012. If Carrie sticks to her usual touring schedule she will probably start touring in mid to late March 2012 so I would think her album will be out by March 2012.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by _luvqry View Post
    I think you're reading too much into it :P
    You're probably right!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    she doesn't want it to be that easy??

Maybe she'll just name the cd "4" , that's short and sweet and then she can take the easy road and be like Chicago..name all her cds sequentially.
    I think she means she didn't just want to pick the first songs that came along, and go with those. She wanted to explore her options by writing a lot and receiving lots of submissions from other writers to get the very best material for her. She didn't want to release an album for the sake of having new material out there. She wants to release an album that is worth releasing. In a way, she is also saying that she is doing what is best for her because she is more involved in the process than many others are and she knows what works for her. She didn't want any time restraints from the label.

Ty
    I really loved what she had to say about the CMA fashion. I think that shows that's she's got a real aesthetic planned for this album. She's determined.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I think she means she didn't just want to pick the first songs that came along, and go with those. She wanted to explore her options by writing a lot and receiving lots of submissions from other writers to get the very best material for her. She didn't want to release an album for the sake of having new material out there. She wants to release an album that is worth releasing. In a way, she is also saying that she is doing what is best for her because she is more involved in the process than many others are and she knows what works for her. She didn't want any time restraints from the label.
    Exactly. Even though I believe she loved every song on her previous albums, I think many of them were picked to get the album out for the 4th quarter. She did not have the time/opportunity to create an album in her image. And although progression is shown with each album, I think album 4 just might be leaps and bounds for progression. Carrie is truly gifted and I think her talent is really going to shine on this one.

Thanks for posting! Hopefully...a big hopefully...the store that I usually get Country Weekly has this issue when it comes out. It's like one week they have it, then one week they don't...it's annoying sometimes, lol. Looking forward to reading (hopefully, lol) the article!

Concert Stars
    Thanks so much for posting. I am so excited for "4"(that is what I am going to call this album for now lol). I just know it is going to be great and show a different side of Carrie that we have never seen before. She has been more secretive than she has in her whole career and I just know she has tons of surprises up her sleeve for us. She is getting to take her time to do things exactly the way she wants it done and Carrie has never disappointed before so I know it is going to be amazing considering she seems to have more control over this project than any previous projects. I am so glad that she is putting great music above higher sales as far as release dates go because I would much rather have the best cd ever that I can listen to over and over for the rest of my life than get maybe an extra couple hundred thousand in sales due to fourth quarter release. Great music excites me more than sales and i believe it does Carrie as well. And if Carrie puts out better music, no matter when the release date is, the album will most likely sustain more longevity in sales and will probably end up with higher sales in the long run and we might finally get that CMA AOTY we have been waiting for. (I won't get my hopes up as far as politics go though)

I am sorry for rambling. I am just so impressed with the direction and approach Carrie is taking with "4". Although, I am dying to hear new music ASAP... I am ok with waiting because I just know it is going to be great in every aspect.

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Well since this interview took place almost 2 months ago and since Carrie has said that she has a lead single in mind I would say she probably is almost done with the album. I think we will get the lead single sometime within the next two months and the album coming out in February 2012. If Carrie sticks to her usual touring schedule she will probably start touring in mid to late March 2012 so I would think her album will be out by March 2012.
    I really hope you're right, I'm dying for new Carrie music and would seriously love to see her on tour again.

Thanks for posting

Carrie Follower
    i dont think carrie would title the album "4" or "Number 4" since Beyonces new album is also called 4...also i think a lot of critics would accuse carrie of stealing album titles kind of since adeles album is called 21

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabeagabe View Post
    i dont think carrie would title the album "4" or "Number 4" since Beyonces new album is also called 4...also i think a lot of critics would accuse carrie of stealing album titles kind of since adeles album is called 21
    Well Martina's album is called 11 and Sara Evans album and Kelly Clarkson's album are both called 'Stronger'...so if it were to happen it wouldn't be like Carrie is the first to do it.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Maybe Carrie should start naming her albums with her age. "28"

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Maybe Carrie should start naming her albums with her age. "28"
    That's what Adele does so for sure there'd be comments about that.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Seems like many many months ago Carrie had mentioned having a song she really really loved and I wonder if she has known for quite some time what the lead single would be - just not all the ones to follow. I think she has just taken this year really really slow - to think about her music, plan her album, enjoy her first year of marriage and rest up from her last touring year. Get regenerized. Prepare herself for the critics and all the downside of her world. A lot of it is wonderful but you need some thick skin for a lot of it. It wouldn't surprise me if Carrie continues this slower pacce now that she has someone in her life.

Concert Stars
    HMMM Maybe she will name her album 4 TWELVE.......*

*If you havnt figured it out by now then NEVER MIND..... LOL

Concert Stars
    I think the album title should be called "I Don't." It really is applicable to Carrie right now. "I don't want to rush this album." "I don't care that I'm not winning awards right now, because I'm doing what's right for me." "I don't want to give up MY dream." "I don't want to just put stuff out there." "I don't want my songs to be forgettable." "I don't want to be labeled or stereotyped. I want my music to be unique." "I don't feel ready to release the album yet." "I don't want to marry you, Nanny."

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast