Remind Me @ Homecoming dance!

I went to my homecoming dance last night and they played Remind Me!! I was so excited when I heard it and it was definitely a highlight of my night. They also played Just a Kiss. Those two songs were the best songs of the night in my opinion. Oh and the Classic Don't Stop Believing and then they also played Adele's Someone Like You, which was a little surprising. Anyway really surprised to hear those country songs at my dance as most people listen to pop/hip hop and do not like country music. It made my night and made going worth it. Haha.

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Lucky. I went to my homecoming dance tonight and they played zero country haha

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's so cool! Im surprised they played those songs though, I'd think they'd only play dance songs, that's all I'm expecting at my homecoming dance

Concert Stars
    Haha nice! Who would've thought?

Concert Stars
    I always would request a Carrie song at dances. Sadly, they never ended up playing them. Except for once. Tey played Cowboy Casanova, i was screaming the song. Lol. All my friends loved it.

Concert Stars
    ohh that's awesome...they never play Carrie around me...

Concert Stars
    That's kind of disturbing if you're a high school student...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    That's kind of disturbing if you're a high school student...
    As a dad of a daughter who is a Soph., I was thinking the same thing about those songs being played at a hs homecoming.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    As a dad of a daughter who is a Soph., I was thinking the same thing about those songs being played at a hs homecoming.
    Right? Like, imagine teenagers grinding to, "We turned out the lights and we didn't just sleep." O_o

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Right? Like, imagine teenagers grinding to, "We turned out the lights and we didn't just sleep." O_o
    Nicole...you are one-of-a-kind my dear. Haha.

A few years ago, we had a bunch of parents trying to cancel high-school dances, because they thought they were inappropriate. It didn't happen, but everybody decided to boycott the dance, because the principal agreed to let these parents chaperone it.

I wanted to just say that people were slow dancing to those two songs not grinding. And they were probably played because they are popular songs even though I doubt that many people knew either one of them. I also wanted to say that a couple years ago my high school band had a dance and they played Cowboy Cassanova. I requested it and wasn't that surprised when they played it because band kids are different from the other kids in my school and my friend also requested it. They also played Summer Nights at that band dance( it was the end of summer so).

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

Nicole...you are one-of-a-kind my dear. Haha.

A few years ago, we had a bunch of parents trying to cancel high-school dances, because they thought they were inappropriate. It didn't happen, but everybody decided to boycott the dance, because the principal agreed to let these parents chaperone it.
    I get that a lot.

Eh, I've only been to a school dance once (prom freshman year). Never going again. Dances are awful and narcissistic, really.

Quote Originally Posted by carrieluver27 View Post
    I wanted to just say that people were slow dancing to those two songs not grinding.
    That's even worse. Nothing says, "Do me," like slow dancing to, "Do you remember the way it felt?/You mean back when we couldn't control ourselves/Remind me."

Concert Stars
    That is really cool! It is nice to see Carrie getting airplay at highschools...considering that SWSRN pretty much owns all the highschools and teens at this point. lol

•